Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Shia Sunni Marriage

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Aslam O Alaikum.

Am a sunni jaffri syed girl and I am in love with a shia zaidi syed Boy.

its been 2 years we are in relatiosnhip. But we both are virgin till now. We didn't do anything wrong Alhamdulillah.

Now the problem is that, We both want to marry but the Parents of boy are not agreed upon our marriage. They want a shia bahu.

Due to which, the boy broke up with me as his parents aren't agreed.

Am a very religious girl. As my background is jaffri syed so My Beliefs are very much similar to shiaism.. But the problem is that his parents want a shia background girl.

The boy totally gave up on me..am very much depressed and my health is getting worse day by day.

I am sunni but I love shia Maslak too.. But this incident hurt my feelings badly. I am shocked, how could be shias so cruel.. How could a shia family be so cruel.....This is the matter of death and life to me...Should i keep any hope or should I move on?

Ehh the usual South Asian marriage issues no offence.

I wish I could help but there are others who are more knowledgeable and learnt in these sorts of issues.

I had say keep as much hope if your really passionate about him.

I understand where your coming from, but their is no need to generalise about all Shias being cruel. That's just one family that happen to be Shia. There are better ways to vent out your frustration.

Why don't you just become Shia ? Or does the family want someone whose born a Shia?

Wish you the best.

Edited by Zendegi

• Advanced Member

If you are this in love with this guy, and are so fond of shi'ism, you could convert, right? you win some, you lose some.

you can't blame the boy's parents, or label shias cruel just because a guy ditched you - its part of life. my sister got dumped by a sunni guy once - none of us went about crying over how sunnis could be this cruel.

and i like this guy for the fact that he wants to follow his parents' wish. and you cant blame his parents (or him) too for having preferences - everyone does. 

sorry if i sound rude - but that's how life is deary. 

• Advanced Member

Leave your destiny to Allah. He has already choosen.

I have known people in relationship for 7 years. And later then dont end up getting married. So i advise you dont get into a relationship without the parents consent yours and the persons.

And about hating shias. This is not what shiaism dictates. They are just his parents view. Nithing to do with the teachings of shias.

• Advanced Member

even Ulemas in India allow Shia- Sunni marriage

but sad part is people here know nothing they only care about what others will think of them

• Veteran Member

Aslam O Alaikum.

Am a sunni jaffri syed girl and I am in love with a shia zaidi syed Boy.

its been 2 years we are in relatiosnhip. But we both are virgin till now. We didn't do anything wrong Alhamdulillah.

Now the problem is that, We both want to marry but the Parents of boy are not agreed upon our marriage. They want a shia bahu.

Due to which, the boy broke up with me as his parents aren't agreed.

Am a very religious girl. As my background is jaffri syed so My Beliefs are very much similar to shiaism.. But the problem is that his parents want a shia background girl.

The boy totally gave up on me..am very much depressed and my health is getting worse day by day.

I am sunni but I love shia Maslak too.. But this incident hurt my feelings badly. I am shocked, how could be shias so cruel.. How could a shia family be so cruel.....This is the matter of death and life to me...Should i keep any hope or should I move on?

Let it go. Everyone gets their heartbroken at some point in life.

Its not a matter of "death and life". You'll find someone else in time.

• Advanced Member

Move on. Just a guy, y'know. Of course, he's not just a guy to you. Why don't take the time to think about whether the boy has any intrinsic value or not, with respect to you that is. He totally gave up on you the first sign that difficulty popped up, so how do you think he'll fare in marriage? Perhaps you've grown attached to him because of all the time you've spent together, but that's more of a chemical reaction than 'love'. But then again, the emotions associated with 'love' are also a product of chemical reactions in the brain, so perhaps you should think about that.

Take the time and involve yourself in some motivational activities, that'll help in directing your mind and attention towards some helpful and enjoyable pursuits.

Take care,

Mithrandir.

Edited by Mithrandir

• Advanced Member

I agree with pretty much everything said here. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe Allah (SWT) removed this person from your life so that you can receive something even better down the road. 

"You must know that you can never get what has not been destined for you." ~ Imam Ali

If you're this emotional over it, you should do Istikhara, and pray that if this marriage is good for you that Allah (SWT) makes it easier for you, and if this marriage is not good for you then ask Allah to steer you away from it and towards something even better. 

Even though we all make plans, remember that Allah (SWT) is the best of planners (8:30).