Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
knowledgeseeker

How To Get Motivated And Be More Productive?

Rate this topic

Salaam Alaykum, 

Hope you all are okay and enjoying the month of Mahe Ramadhan.

Recently, I have been in a slump - i don't feel like doing much and my concentration wanes from one thing to another. Its like I am hopping from subject/project to project. 

I don't know how to feel focused; and this is contributing to my laziness.

I don't know what to pick, and this all gets really overwhelming and i don;t know where to start from. 

Usually I end up doing things last minute and this can be bait stressful. Like I will clean the house last minute and do laundry last minute etc.

I want to do so much in life, I want to study about Islam, open a business, volunteer, help people, improve myself, be a good spouse and child etc.  So so so many things ...

Do you have any ahadith or tips that can help me? 

May Allah [swt] bless you for your help ! 

Ma'salam

Walaykumsalam

First, understand that people are literally dying in large numbers worldwide. Of the ones that survive, a large number live in poverty and unfortunate situations. To have 'free' time, to have security and health, to have oppurtunity is something that therefore is to be thought of as a gem.

Secondly, when you have so many things you want to do, and have so many options, you often end up doing barely anything. So try to restrict yourself - to force yourself to choose. So if you have fifty books you want to read, narrow it down to five and then after thought just 'go for it' with one of those books.

I also recommend being deliberate, having a clear and achievable goal for each task and a clear time frame, so you have to work at it.

And lastly, be consistent - this does not mean you aren't flexible, but be consistent with things even if you 'don't feel like it'

Hope it helps :) Same boat here!

It seems you need  placebo effect and that being a narration or verse to kick your self in gear, fact is, the issue is with your own inability to be goal specific. Too many ideas which just leads to day dreaming and over whelming. Therefore, write down your goals, as mentioned above. Break down your day for each goal and then give each goal a time per week and be realistic. If you want to study Islam, then you know it is a life long journey, hence, the first task would be, to research the important subjects, then collect the books within that subject. Consider it like kindergarten. Your list would start from the beginning to the end.

Want to help people, spend a few hours week and do it.

Point is, don't think too much, just do it. Attach importance to why mundane things need to be done, laundry, I need to be clean, if I do it early, cloths can be dried early, means I get to spend time on other goals. House cleaning can be done while taking a break from a goal, such as reading a book, as the brain needs break.

Edited by monad

Salaam Alaykum, 

@ Tawheed313, monad Thanks for your tips :) IA i will try to focus and be more productive. Although it is daunting and seems overwhelming but with duas  and hard work, things will fall into place. I believe that :) 

@ :Sami II - how would you classify pure water? Also, at this moment, i am focusing on praying my regular salat on time. I have much difficulty in praying salaatul Layl , How did you do it? 

(bismillah)

(salam)

Salam Aghajoon , Ramadhan Kareen and hope all is well.

Remember us in your orayers.

WS

(wasalam)  

salam aghajoon ,

ramadan kareem to you and your family too 

remember me in your Duas during the glorious nights of Qadr.

ws

Salaam Alaykum, 

@ :Sami II - how would you classify pure water? Also, at this moment, i am focusing on praying my regular salat on time. I have much difficulty in praying salaatul Layl , How did you do it? 

salam 

in most cities today fluoride is added in the water supply,  this is a proven neuro toxin which causes many of the conditions that you have described.

Purest water will be water that is direct from a clean and natural source, that is alkaline and has gone through circular motions like rivers or underground channels.

Zam zam water is the best water you can get, it is most energetic and very alkaline.

You can get expensive filters and alkaliser to duplicate this type of water that connects to the kitchen tap, or buy water that you know is from a good clean natural source.

If you cannot have access to any of these things, then blow bismillah and salawat in to the glass of water before drinking it. spin the glass anti clockwise 7 times, and remember our beloved :Hussein a.s .

We are 80% water, so it is crucial the water we put inside our bodies.

Time management is key, I suggest to plan your day ahead, like making a task-list and crossing out the list one by one. This way, you can be more productive and efficient. Try to be physically active, by doing some running, gym or whatever but the most important point is, how focused are you mentally. Coz if you can't mentally focus, you will always get bored and ultimately loss your motivation. Whenever you start doing something, give a 100% and you will enjoy it.

Ya ALI 

I want to do so much in life, I want to study about Islam, open a business, volunteer, help people, improve myself, be a good spouse and child etc.  So so so many things ...

Some of these you can't do simultaneously. Opening a business is a full-on activity and to pull it off you may not have much time for volunteering. So that's an either/or choice. IMHO.

Studying about Islam can be done to varying levels of intensity. At a low level it is easily compatible with the others, e.g. just reading Qu'ran after prayers, or watching one of the Islamic channels instead of your usual selection. But attending an Islamic course may only be possible when your business is actually up and running.

So you need to prioritise and decide which of these you will do sequentially and which ones concurrently.

salam

may Allah help you succeed.

thing is you're TALKING about doing things. you're constantly THINKING about them.

believe and trust when I say this. stop talking. stop thinking. and start ACTING on making them happen iA.

Rome wasn't built in a day. So, whatever you do. do it in baby steps. and iA once you start getting the hang of it. up the tempo.

best wishes