In the Name of God بسم الله

Egypt To Remove Books Of Ibn Taymiyyah

• Advanced Member

If that is true, it is a very cunning move by the Egyptian regime.

Because people get interested in and are drawn to what is banned especially by the dictate regimes, this would be an advertisement for the abovementioned takfiri (excommunicater) people and sources.

Like, Egyptian regime removing some "Turkish" tv series off the air. It was a good thing but because they were banned by the other devils, it made the Egyptians become more interested in secular-immoral tv series of "Turkish" media.

So, Egyptian regime is now working to undermine the possible future islamic movements there, by leading them to a wrong path. Because usually people react every work of a regime which they suffer from, including the seemingly good works of the regime.

Edited by Khudayar

• Advanced Member

to keep away people from these books is good but not enough  to bring peaceful coexistence in society ,because,  regardless of existence or non- existence of these  books  extreme idea which existed in those sources,   today changed to an extremist movement in Muslim countries  , i think the best way to solve this problem is that both Suuni and shi'a scholars must  stand  against extremist  firmly, make people aware of true Islamic teaching, and justify for people the invalidity of this extreme idea and thought .

• Veteran Member

In the democratic Pakistan, majority of Shia books are banned. And Urdu translations of books like the (summarized) sahihs and Tabari contain at times entire pages of distorted, false information, and those are perfectly legal.

• Advanced Member

I have an innate dislike of the banning of literature. It was common practice by Nazis and Communists. Also to silence opponents, no matter how unsavoury, is u democratic. Also , historically, when something is banned more attention is drawn to it

I consider this a good thing and not a crime for censoring these books, this is because many people are being killed, raped, and tortured by being sucked into these ideologies whose foundation is built from these books. For some reason, anthropomorphism,hatred for Imam Ali (as) and extremism are usually found all in one basket.

• Veteran Member

I thought Shia books are availble in Pakistan ?

Many of them are banned but Pakistan being a lawless country the books can still be found and bought from select outlets.

• Advanced Member

Could backfire and will give them more credence than they deserve. Outside of being really rude to people he disagreed with, Ibn Taymiyya really isn't the problem here. He came waaaay before the Najdi movement. The other are just barking stooges of Wahabistan or just opponents to the new Pharoah in Egypt.

If you want to get right to the heart of the matter, the works of Martin Luther bin Abdul Wahhab must be addressed. Whether banning is the most appropriate solution is debatable. The absolute must is for sunnis to systematically dismantle those works (and all salafist heresy in generally) in an academic fashion. I have personally seen kids lose their damn minds after reading and applying that garbage. Takfir left and right.

Edited by rajul

• Advanced Member

Many of them are banned but Pakistan being a lawless country the books can still be found and bought from select outlets.

ROFL :lol: !!!

• Advanced Member

very good move

but Wahabism doesn't spread through books

the growth of Wahabim in India is highest in my state Tamil Nadu most of them Tamil Speaking muslims

people hardly read books here

these people have biggest Muslim political party

all typical Wahabis

• Advanced Member

Although ethically, one might see banning books as curtailing personal freedom of belief, the rampant wave of Salafism outweighs any argument based on freedom.  Salafi books are not like distasteful or violent fiction, they are books and words of hatred, capable, if left with naive minds, creating a potential surplus of terrorists.  It is true: not all Salafis are terrorists, but pretty much every terrorist *happens* to be a Salafi.  In the United States (at least), one's freedom of speech is not protected if such may cause potential violence or unnecessary harm.  Given the rise of Salafism and local nut jobs booking one-way tickets to Syria, I would say books, particularly Tamiyyah and Wahhab are a threat to both the public consciousness.  The mere fact that these books are read mostly by perhaps the most vulnerable of readers (new converts), gives the U.S. all the more reason to prohibit these red flags from entering the sacred spaces of mosques.  One may ask, what about Shiite books?  Yet, do Shiite books contain arguments declaring that it is not only advisable but *preferable* to slay Christians and certain denominations of Muslims?  Do Shiite books incite violence?  I think the U.S. ought to closely watch these Salafi books--especially for a country which apparently proclaims to have a zero-tolerance policy on "Islamist" factions (do not even get me started on relations with Al Saud).  

What is the most disturbing...is that in my University (a liberal arts university located in northeast U.S.A.) contains books by Tamiyyah in their prayer room.  The majority of Muslims at my school are from Saudi Arabia, and my husbands' friends cannot even leave their turbah in the prayer room: two students have had theirs' smashed! This is ridiculous.  When will America do an appropriate crack down on Salafism, and while they're at it...their political inconsistencies.

• Veteran Member

Salam,

I am sorry to read this. But I am also sorry to say that Islam doesn not belong to the land of hypocrites to start with.

You cannot rely on the corrupt governments in the west to serve the interests of the islamic Ummah.

And I live in the west myself... Not trying to tell you to move, sister.

What is the most disturbing...is that in my University (a liberal arts university located in northeast U.S.A.) contains books by Tamiyyah in their prayer room. The majority of Muslims at my school are from Saudi Arabia, and my husbands' friends cannot even leave their turbah in the prayer room: two students have had theirs' smashed! This is ridiculous. When will America do an appropriate crack down on Salafism, and while they're at it...their political inconsistencies.

Edited by realizm

If Western countries decide to adopt this approach, what makes you think they won't target Shia books?

Sadly, and I can only speak as someone living in the US, I don't believe the Americans are sufficiently educated enough to know who ibn tamiyahh (lA) et al are, let alone why they are bad.  Remember in (I think) 2006, someone made comment about Sunnis in Iraq and thankfully former president Bush commented that he thought the Iraqis were Muslim.

:huh:

He either truly understood Islam or he hadn't a clue.  Allah (S W T) knows best.