Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Block My Sunni Website?

Rate this topic

faridov

• Advanced Member

Alsalam alaykum wa rahmatullah,

Many of your here know that my website is not allowed on Shiachat because of the anti-Shia content.

However, my content is academic and my criticisms against Shia beliefs do not incite hatred. If there is anything that you believe entices hatred then please let me know and I will gladly erase it.

I thought that Shiachat promoted freedom of expression. How do you mods what Twelvers to be sure of their faith when they are not allowed access to the opposing view? Would you rather keep them blind to my criticisms? Let the average Shi'ee decide who is upon truth.

Much love to all and happy iftars. ;)

Edited by faridov

• Advanced Member

Alsalam alaykum wa rahmatullah,

Many of your here know that my website is not allowed on Shiachat because of the anti-Shia content.

However, my content is academic and my criticisms against Shia beliefs do not incite hatred. If there is anything that you believe entices hatred then please let me know and I will gladly erase it.

I thought that Shiachat promoted freedom of expression. How do you mods what Twelvers to be sure of their faith when they are not allowed access to the opposing view? Would you rather keep them blind to my criticisms? Let the average Shi'ee decide who is upon truth.

Much love to all and happy iftars. ;)

I'm curious as to what's on this website and why it's not allowed, can I see it ?

• Veteran Member

We do allow freedom of expression (is this an Islamic principle way the way?) on this site. That doesn't mean we need to allow links to anti-Muslim or anti-Shia sites to be posted though.

By the way, I don't seem to remember the HCY forum that you used to hang around in abiding by these 'freedom of expression' principles. For some reason though, I can't find the thread you made there complaining about links to ShiaChat not being allowed. Perhaps you could send me the link?

• Advanced Member

@ Musa: Last time someone put a link he was temporarily banned.

@ Muhammad: If you don't mind then I will name my site without including a link, so that it doesn't get a higher rank. Is that find with you?

@ Haydar: I never ran HCY. I run TSN. I allow links to SC on TSN. Heck, I link to alislam.org, wilayat, RTS, all the major Shia sites.

Edited by faridov

• Veteran Member
On 6/29/2015 at 5:49 PM, Haydar Husayn said:

By the way, I don't seem to remember the HCY forum that you used to hang around in abiding by these 'freedom of expression' principles. For some reason though, I can't find the thread you made there complaining about links to ShiaChat not being allowed. Perhaps you could send me the link?

Sunniforum blocked shiachat.com. What other sunni websites have done this?

On 6/29/2015 at 5:55 PM, faridov said:

I run TSN. 

Are you mistaken about something?

• Veteran Member

@ Haydar: I never ran HCY. I run TSN. I allow links to SC on TSN. Heck, I link to alislam.org, wilayat, RTS, all the major Shia sites.

I never said that you did run HCY. My point was you never (publicly) challenged their ban on linking to ShiaChat, but you are complaining here about us not allowing links to your site.

By the way, you mentioned hatred earlier. Pretty much anything posted about Shias by your friend Ebn Hussein contains hatred. Are you going to delete all his posts? As long as you keep palling around with people like him, then you will get tarred by association.

Sunniforum blocked shiachat.com. What other sunni websites have done this?

Google "HCY forum".

• Advanced Member

Not blocked, but if I post it, then I will be banned. This happened to brother Abu Hussain Al Hussaini not long ago. He was banned by admin: hameedeh, if that is her name.

[MOD NOTE: Your friend's name is Abul Hussain Hassani and he was not banned but temporarily suspended.] 

• Veteran Member

He is not even banned: 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/user/97642-abul-hussain-hassani/

Many people have linked to that site and have not been banned. Example: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235027484-twelvershia-net-website-and-forum-of-cowards/

Mods will have differing views on what is acceptable. I personally would not like to see links to that site (for the reason mentioned above). Mentioning it is okay and pasting content from it is also okay and even encouraged for the sake of eliciting responses. This is my own view. I consider your ilk to be very dishonest.

hameedeh did stop him from starting a thread promoting the site. In her view links to 'nasibi' sites are not allowed.

I am not an expert on these current shia-wahabi polemics (I had to move on years ago), so I would rather leave this thread to the other mods who are familiar with this subject.

• Veteran Member

Farid you are running a website called "twelver shia dot net" (TSN). That alone is highly insulting to us real 12vers, and the name is fraudulent, and its preposterous. A real Muslim does not use such un-chivalrous hideous tactics.

With the good manners i have seen from you, i think it would be more islamic and also honest to rename your website -refutingtwelvershias.com. It therefore will be a website standing on its own merits, and not perhaps using a disingenious name.

If i were to refute say, the salafi school, i would probbaly name my website - revisitingthesalaf, or refutingsalafism, etc.  Rather than salafi-forums.

Then my website would stand on the merit of its own arguments , if you follow brother?

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

I can not seem to access my old PMs' for once while debating bro Farid, who then had the avatar of a clown (forgotten the name),  where he was shown to be dishonest sent me a PM out of the blue saying that he hated me. I never reported or anything and just PMed him back saying words to the effect 'don't be silly and get back on the post which we were debating'. I do not trust him for a moment from his historical record.

(wasalam)   

PS. so bro be part of the discussion like everyone else or scram.

Edited by haideriam

• Veteran Member

Yeah and I remember him doubting the isnad of a Quranic verse while cornered in an argument. And his notorious quote "I haven't reached a conclusion about Yazeed yet so I can't say if he's good or bad".

HCY'ers should all be banned imo. Enormous saving of time.

• Advanced Member
On 6/29/2015 at 10:14 PM, Darth Vader said:

Yeah and I remember him doubting the isnad of a Quranic verse while cornered in an argument. And his notorious quote "I haven't reached a conclusion about Yazeed yet so I can't say if he's good or bad".

HCY'ers should all be banned imo. Enormous saving of time.

You have snatched the words from my mouth, brother! May Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى bless you!  :)

• Veteran Member
On 6/29/2015 at 7:20 PM, faridov said:

@ Muhammad: His temporary ban ended. Ask Hameedah or check the ban log or something.

My "ilk" are dishonest? That's rich.

Are you moving the goal posts or not being too precise in the first instance?

blocked->disallowed->banned->temporary ban

He was suspended for 12 hours some weeks ago (and it wasn't the first time that he was given a warning). The moderator has her own views on this matter, and so do the other moderators.

Will you allow me to join your forum and start a thread asking people to visit AbuBakr.org ?

Tbh, these perhaps are the most open boards and forums i have seen. I had accounts on other forums, some sunni, and i can't even reveal i am a shia because i have a pretty good hunch i will be banned. On a secular forum, people are allowed to post the praises of the Caliphs, etc, but the moment i post something on Mubahila without even referencing anything derogratory among the ahlul-sunnah i get called out on. Some members are very polite, but on a regular basis i was met with constant hostility.

Farid and i have had discussions over PM. He has been polite, as have i to him.

The issue is, i don't think anyone can deny sunni's have far more freedom, either in shia countries or shia forums, in all aspects, than shia's do in sunni countries.

I am all for unity, and not to make things secterian - and a lot of conflicts are not sunni shia issues, but there are definitely remnants of animosity being created and i can't deny this.

When i went to Malaysia, i could not reveal i was a shia.

I can't name a single country of shia's where this occurs, where  a sunni individual could not simply walk to pray at a mosque without the slightest worry of attack.

Many sunni's are lovely, tolerant, including my own sunni family. Many speakers talk of tolerance.

The problem is, there are some not for it either and growing in influence.