Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
strength=Abbas

Nakhshawani

Rate this topic

salaam alaikum

I have a question and I want u all to reply honestly and with reason

and please avoid insulting etc and be polite coz I don't want this thread get closed !!

u see many Muslims who like Nakhshawani and listen to his lectures

I want to know if he s really knowledgeable or no?

can we believe all things he says ?!

thank you all

Abbas

salaam alaikum

I have a question and I want u all to reply honestly and with reason

and please avoid insulting etc and be polite coz I don't want this thread get closed !!

thank you all

Abbas

hes human. humans make mistakes no matter how "knowledgeable" they are so if i were you i wouldnt believe "all things he says"

Edited by AhlulBayt_313

This is my take on it, what he says isn't wrong per se, he preaches a very mainstream view of Islam, the kind of things he talks about are pretty much the kind of thing your parents will tell you at bed time when you are small.

You just have to choose what is better for you

the-tudors-for-dummies.jpg?w=237&h=300

or

7054185.jpg

I'm not anti-Nakshwani, I think he does a good service to the Umma in general, because many people to look up to him and he does bring people into the mosques and inspires people to be more religious.

...Having said that, it does reflect quite poorly on us as a group, that the Words of Allah (awj) and His Prophet (s) aren't inspiration enough for us.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

You question the authenticity of another human, using other humans, as the main cause of concern is trust and lack of knowledge. Possibly it is time for you to give your self a life long goal of studying your religion, through books and analysis, until you can come to your own apparent conclusion.

the real question should be is your personal relationship with the Quran better than Mr Ammar's?

most likley not , and he constantly highlghts this in his lectures. That muslims usually have a poor relationship with Quran

What is good in Ammar Nakshwani ? If you can find .. Take it. Simple. But you must know " what is good " first.

And i am sure Ammar Nakshwani will never say " believe me " , he will give you information .. You go and verify it with books if they matched with the islamic rules go ahead and if not treat him as a human like you. This is peoples mistake they started believing without verifying.

Always remember Imam Ali (as) wording .. " Look at what is being said, not who is saying it. "

Edited by alirex

What is good in Ammar Nakshwani ? If you can find .. Take it. Simple. But you must know " what is good " first.

And i am sure Ammar Nakshwani will never say " believe me " , he will give you information .. You go and verify it with books if they matched with the islamic rules go ahead and if not treat him as a human like you. This is peoples mistake they started believing without verifying.

Always remember Imam Ali (as) wording .. " Look at what is being said, not who is saying it. "

I don't have time and knowledge to go and research in books to see if he says right or no !

if I could do so,I only read those books,why even bother myself with listening to him ?!

hes human. humans make mistakes no matter how "knowledgeable" they are so if i were you i wouldnt believe "all things he says"

and omg why are you girls all so smitten about him? :/

I know, right? I have never seen a Islamic speaker with so many smitten female fans. It boggles my mind, Apo, I just fail to understand the appeal.

Abbas, don't forget that Nakshawani is like the rest of us and can make mistakes but he is a very knowledgeable man.

Not everyone has the same level or interrests. One prefers Nakshwani. The other Rajabali. It just depends on the person. Me myself I watched lectures of many diffirent speakers but never sticked to one. More to specific lectures itself when I'm interrested in the topic. 

I would trust him in regards to Islam as much as I'd trust the non-Muslim PhD professor at my local university.

I would probably disagree with you here. His understanding of shia Islam, being a shia, lecturing for over a decade, doing research, going to syria and so on probably gives him a far greater mandate than any old individual with a PHD in Islamic related subjects.

I don't know of his understanding but judging from his lectures, I cannot trust his understanding of anytbing. Being Shia doesn't really mean anything, Soroush was Shia too who lectured and debated non-Shias and was a student of Ayatullah Mesbah (ha). A few months in Syria hardly means anything.

Plus once he talks about how you can ask the Imams for help, you will agree with me too.

Edited by Hockey123

I know, right? I have never seen a Islamic speaker with so many smitten female fans. It boggles my mind, Apo, I just fail to understand the appeal.

Abbas, don't forget that Nakshawani is like the rest of us and can make mistakes but he is a very knowledgeable man.

honestly it's becoming disgusting the way i've seen girls on here and in the real world talk about him. i don't see what's there to be so head over heels with him. every few days there's nakshawani this and nakshawani that. 

and surely the OP has enough common sense to know he's just a common man - though knowledgeable, you can't just believe everything he says :/

honestly it's becoming disgusting the way i've seen girls on here and in the real world talk about him. i don't see what's there to be so head over heels with him. every few days there's nakshawani this and nakshawani that.

and surely the OP has enough common sense to know he's just a common man - though knowledgeable, you can't just believe everything he says :/

yeah right, I really don't get this either.

Plus once he talks about how you can ask the Imams for help, you will agree with me too.

Are you saying that he has yet to make such a statement and if he does we'll all espouse to your view on how he's just another guy who has some knowledge on a subject? So would you rather listen to an atheist professor with a PhD in Islamic History or a devout Shia lecturer spreading the wisdom of Ahlulbayt (as) who also happens to have a PhD in Islamic History as well as having completed studies in Arabic Grammar, Hadith Studies, Logic, Science of Jurisprudence, History, Theology, Mysticism and Quranic Sciences AND who has over a decades worth of experience giving lectures? He has other qualifications as well albeit irrelevant to this topic.

It seems like you have something against him.

No, that was specific for Tawheed and just a joke about his crusade against those that hold that belief about the Imams.

What does completed studies in those sciences even mean to you? And if he has completed those studies then his akhlaqi problems are even more puzzling and worse.

Yes, I do have something against him because he poses as an Islamic lecturer.

One better way to talk about lectures is to discuss ideas not personalities.

I don't see the point of this thread.

Abbass,

He is not a prophet! This is a childish thinking. Spoon feeding isn't the way to learn.

Edited by Chaotic Muslem

why some members r arguing why girls talk this much about him or like him

tnx for your replies. but it has nothing to my question.

Lol. I wasn't even aware that girls are talking about him. Where did this come from?

Edited by Vestige

why some members r arguing why girls talk this much about him or like him

tnx for your replies. but it has nothing to my question.

nobody's arguing. we're all stating a fact. most girls i've seen are smitten crazy about him that they (yes, i haven't seen boys go diddle do crazy over him) ask the most ridiculous questions, such as the one being asked here. 

We can disagree with him, or what he speaks about, but i think it is improper to question his intentions or his integrity. Leave that to Allah swt unless one is openly commiting haram or such.

Just to make it clear, there is nothing wrong with not deeming him someone you feel is reliable to talk listen to. But there is a proper way to go about this.

Edited by Tawheed313

We can disagree with him, or what he speaks about, but i think it is improper to question his intentions or his integrity. Leave that to Allah swt unless one is openly commiting haram or such.

True, and to stay positive, I see that people brought up many topics to discuss and learn through discussions by listening to his lecture , so you can say his lectures were food for thoughts.

Tawheed: That actually is an approach that lacks basirah. If we were to take people on what they say and disregard their actions, we would never be able to distinguish truth from falsehood.

In fact, we judge people all the time not only through their words but also their actions. We always try to see through someone's words and understand the person for who he really is. That is what our Imams also did which is why many never lead an uprising because they were able to see through the words of their companions and judge them for who they really are.

This new fad of "let's not judge" needs to go away as it is causing huge problems for our communities. No one is saying condemn anyone to hell but some things are much clearer through one's actions than one's words. But even in this case, his words are telling of his character as well.

Some of his lectures like his WF one, his ISIS one and others could be of two possibilities.

1. He lacks knowledge

2. He intentionally misleads people.

I won't comment on which one I belive to be true, however, both would necessitate the Shia community to refrain from inviting him to speak. And we shouldn't look to someone like him for knowledge of our religion and for guidance to salvation.

I just realized I posted one of his videos earlier in another thread.  I have enjoyed his lectures from time to time.  But I don't use him as my primary teacher or influence. 

We must want to have "celebrities" too, just like everyone else.  Better this than talking about movie stars or whatever. 

To Hockey123:

Could you be more specific as to why you think he 'poses as an Islamic lecturer'? How does he mislead people? As Brother Tawheed said, it's not really proper to question his intentions and it looks like you're judging them based on a few out of hundreds of lectures he's given. Given his background and how many talks he's given encouraging Shia-Sunni unity, I find it extremely improbable that he lacks knowledge or would want misguide people.

I prefer to listen to speakers who are more intellectually gifted like Seyyed Hossein Nasr but to each his own.

I was going to comment on how that is pretty rude to say and is low in achlaq but then saw your an Agnostic Theist and kind of made sense lol. Agnostic and atheist don't really have the greatest achlaq.