In the Name of God بسم الله

A Humble Request To Bro Farid!

Rate this topic

Ameen

• Advanced Member

Surah Al Ma'idah, verse 3;

This day those who disbelieve have despaired of [defeating] your religion; so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion"

Above was the last verse to be revealed. What exactly was that day??? What happened on that day??? Three things took place on that day;

1, Religion was perfected. (It most certainly wasn't before what ever happened on that day).

2, Favours were completed. (On this day Allah did his last and final favour on us, what ever that was).

3, Islam was approved. (On this day Islam was approved by what ever happened on this day).

You have three things here; 1, Perfection. 2, Completion. 3, Approval.

Now my question to you brother Farid is that what the hell happened on that day. And because of that incident/event Islam was perfected for us, Allah's favours upon us were completed and Islam was finally approved by what ever happened on this day??? It surely must have been one hell of an important incident/event that without it Islam is not perfected, Allah's favours upon us fall short and Islam is not approved at all. What was it and why the hell do we not have it in the Quran in black and white, word to

What ever happened on that particular day, what ever incident/event took place, surely it must have been that important otherwise God wouldn't have made it sound that serious. Really serious! Bloody serious! Now if it was that serious why did't Allah just come out with it and mention it in the Quran in black and white and word to word???

• Advanced Member

Why do people use multiple question marks???

Is it a crime? Has it become a crime? Have any principals of this forum been violated? Any rules or regulations of this forum been broken? What are you trying to get at?

Mr moderator, why have you just noticed the multiple question marks and suddenly become so concerned about them? Have you not noticed anything else that goes on this forum? For example; me being humiliated or insulted through being belittled or mocked at?

• Veteran Member

Is it a crime? Has it become a crime? Have any principals of this forum been violated? Any rules or regulations of this forum been broken? What are you trying to get at?

Mr moderator, why have you just noticed the multiple question marks and suddenly become so concerned about them? Have you not noticed anything else that goes on this forum? For example; me being humiliated or insulted through being belittled or mocked at?

Yes, it's a crime against punctuation. It also comes across as a bit aggressive, gives the impression that you are a little irrational. As we are taught in the Qur'an:

Call to the way of your Lord with wisdom and goodly exhortation, and have disputations with them in the best manner; surely your Lord best knows those who go astray from His path, and He knows best those who follow the right way. [Qur'an 16:125, Shakir]

Perhaps you should think about whether the way you post resembles what the Qur'an recommends.

As for people insulting you, I can't say I have noticed, but you are welcome to report any instances where someone has broken the sites rules. However, I would say that generally, the better you treat others, the better they will treat you.

• Advanced Member

Yes, it's a crime against punctuation. It also comes across as a bit aggressive, gives the impression that you are a little irrational. As we are taught in the Qur'an:

Call to the way of your Lord with wisdom and goodly exhortation, and have disputations with them in the best manner; surely your Lord best knows those who go astray from His path, and He knows best those who follow the right way. [Qur'an 16:125, Shakir]

Perhaps you should think about whether the way you post resembles what the Qur'an recommends.

As for people insulting you, I can't say I have noticed, but you are welcome to report any instances where someone has broken the sites rules. However, I would say that generally, the better you treat others, the better they will treat you.

You are over reacting here. The verse you have mentioned has got absolutely nothing to do with punctuation. The way you are behaving seems to me is that, "well, there is nothing else I can find to have a go at this guy but here is something".

Report? Why do I need to report something? How long have I been on this site? Any idea? Long enough. And this has been my habit from day one. Why not say anything before or near the start? Why years later pick on my habit concerning punctuation? If you can point out and lecture me on my habit concerning punctuation, you can also see, pick up and proceed on other matters rather than taking it easy, being laid back and taking the back seat. Why wait for me to report?

"The better you treat others the better they will treat you" You haven't said this where it needs to be said but saying it here over a habit concerning punctuation is absolute joke. What are you trying to show here? "Oh look how just we are that we are so tough on our own". By all means be just and fair by being tough and restrict but where you need to be. This is what justice is all about!

• Veteran Member

You are over reacting here. The verse you have mentioned has got absolutely nothing to do with punctuation. The way you are behaving seems to me is that, "well, there is nothing else I can find to have a go at this guy but here is something".

Report? Why do I need to report something? How long have I been on this site? Any idea? Long enough. And this has been my habit from day one. Why not say anything before or near the start? Why years later pick on my habit concerning punctuation? If you can point out and lecture me on my habit concerning punctuation, you can also see, pick up and proceed on other matters rather than taking it easy, being laid back and taking the back seat. Why wait for me to report?

"The better you treat others the better they will treat you" You haven't said this where it needs to be said but saying it here over a habit concerning punctuation is absolute joke. What are you trying to show here? "Oh look how just we are that we are so tough on our own". By all means be just and fair by being tough and restrict but where you need to be. This is what justice is all about!

I'm not talking about your punctuation. I'm talking about the way you speak to people generally, especially Sunnis. Your punctuation is simply one symptom of a larger problem. Let's just look at your post in this thread, although many others could be chosen that would be even worse:

Now my question to you brother Farid is that what the hell happened on that day. And because of that incident/event Islam was perfected for us, Allah's favours upon us were completed and Islam was finally approved by what ever happened on this day??? It surely must have been one hell of an important incident/event that without it Islam is not perfected, Allah's favours upon us fall short and Islam is not approved at all. What was it and why the hell do we not have it in the Quran in black and white, word to 

Is it really necessary to express yourself in this way? Would you be impressed if someone came up to you and started asking "why the hell" this and that happened?

• Advanced Member

If you had read the title of this thread and seen vast majority of my posts you wouldn't need to tell me this general statement of yours that " how you treat others is how you get treated". You know how a treat and talk to others and still how certain others treat and talk to me.

Ever sat down and wondered why Shias have always been under valued, undermined and over looked? Ever thought why Shias have always been out of authority and power? Ever thought why Shias have always been on the receiving end? Due to lack of assistance, support, cooperation and commitment with and towards each other. That is why! And this is why your action here doesn't surprise me!

I'm not talking about your punctuation. I'm talking about the way you speak to people generally, especially Sunnis. Your punctuation is simply one symptom of a larger problem. Let's just look at your post in this thread, although many others could be chosen that would be even worse:

Is it really necessary to express yourself in this way? Would you be impressed if someone came up to you and started asking "why the hell" this and that happened?

Brother you are just starting something absolutely unnecessary. This is not what this thread is about. But if this is what you want to start with me then that is fine. But at least when you've had your say I have a right that you here me out. I do not have a problem with what you have asked. Do you know why? Because this is nothing compared to the way I have been talked to, spoken and treated. Even on this site and never mind about others sites because they don't concern you. Why not start with this at the beginning? It would have been appropriate and better. Why the punctuation and when I respond by asking then start looking for something against me?

Why didn't you say this at the beginning? Rather than digging for something to make yourself look good now.

Take a look at what Al Hashmi said here,

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:11 AM

It seems ameen has accepted challenge, to prove with question marks ! Brother ameen you cant he is a learned man, not a copy paster. It will become elephant v/s aint.

Thanks for your kindness gentleman

w/s

Was this necessary? Do you find this appropriate?

Brother ameen, i think what brother haydar was saying is, you can make power arguments and make them quite strong without the need to add many question marks, as for others it can seem hasty or challenging.

You're right dear brother, the question marks have nothing to do with this topic, but i feel someone who has a thirst for knowledge like yourself, and a drive to defend the madhab of the ahlulbayt a.s would be far more convincing if you took a calmer tone.

It can seem quite silly raising the issue of question marks, but i think some people read a lot into it and get offended, or as you showed us, the brothers on the other forums should not make fun, with due respect.

i hope you are having a blessed ramadhan dear brother, let us all forgive and forget.

• Veteran Member

Look, I'm not going to get into a long discussion about this. The reason I've said something to you is I've noticed a pattern in the way you address yourself to Sunnis on this site. Now, maybe they don't talk to you in a good way either, but then you don't help your case by behaving in this way. Just be polite to them, and if they are rude, they will be sanctioned. If you feel nothing is been done about them, then simply report them. I don't have any kind of vendetta against you, I just think you need to put your arguments across in a better way. This is my advice to you, and it's up to you to take it or leave it.

• Advanced Member

Moderator take a look at this here;

5. You spineless good for nothing man you! When you used another version of the same narration, did you look into whether it was mutawatir or not? When you thought it substantiated your point, the narration was good enough for you to quote. But when I brought forth another version of the same hadith from the same volume - thereby exposing your deceitful tricks - all of a sudden you have the gall to question whether it is mutawatir or not.

Edited by muslim720, 27 April 2015 - 12:30 AM.

Look what I have been called here and how I have been spoken to. Is this appropriate? Is this ok to you?

Look, I'm not going to get into a long discussion about this. The reason I've said something to you is I've noticed a pattern in the way you address yourself to Sunnis on this site. Now, maybe they don't talk to you in a good way either, but then you don't help your case by behaving in this way. Just be polite to them, and if they are rude, they will be sanctioned. If you feel nothing is been done about them, then simply report them. I don't have any kind of vendetta against you, I just think you need to put your arguments across in a better way. This is my advice to you, and it's up to you to take it or leave it.

Ok brother. No problem. Advice taken. Thanks!

Brother ameen, i think what brother haydar was saying is, you can make power arguments and make them quite strong without the need to add many question marks, as for others it can seem hasty or challenging.

You're right dear brother, the question marks have nothing to do with this topic, but i feel someone who has a thirst for knowledge like yourself, and a drive to defend the madhab of the ahlulbayt a.s would be far more convincing if you took a calmer tone.

It can seem quite silly raising the issue of question marks, but i think some people read a lot into it and get offended, or as you showed us, the brothers on the other forums should not make fun, with due respect.

i hope you are having a blessed ramadhan dear brother, let us all forgive and forget.

Thanks bro. And you!

Ok, to the moderators, admins and members on Twelvershia.net index. Do you see this here? Have you witnessed this? If not then witness it. This is exactly what I wanted and what I was waiting for and after. You claimed that people can openly abuse and target the Ahle Sunnah here and you branded this site (Shiachat) a place where Sunnis can't come to discuss and debate because of being abused and targeted. And you claimed that moderators here do not take any action what so ever and sit back and allow the abuse to continue!

Well here you have it! Here is the evidence!

Edited by Ameen

• Veteran Member

Moderator take a look at this here;

5. You spineless good for nothing man you! When you used another version of the same narration, did you look into whether it was mutawatir or not? When you thought it substantiated your point, the narration was good enough for you to quote. But when I brought forth another version of the same hadith from the same volume - thereby exposing your deceitful tricks - all of a sudden you have the gall to question whether it is mutawatir or not.

Edited by muslim720, 27 April 2015 - 12:30 AM.

Look what I have been called here and how I have been spoken to. Is this appropriate? Is this ok to you?

No, it's not appropriate, and it has now been dealt with. However, I would again ask you to consider the way in which you conduct debates, which may lead to raised tensions.

• Basic Members

Surah Al Ma'idah, verse 3;

This day those who disbelieve have despaired of [defeating] your religion; so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion"

Above was the last verse to be revealed. What exactly was that day??? What happened on that day??? Three things took place on that day;

1, Religion was perfected. (It most certainly wasn't before what ever happened on that day).

2, Favours were completed. (On this day Allah did his last and final favour on us, what ever that was).

3, Islam was approved. (On this day Islam was approved by what ever happened on this day).

You have three things here; 1, Perfection. 2, Completion. 3, Approval.

What ever happened on that particular day, what ever incident/event took place, surely it must have been that important otherwise God wouldn't have made it sound that serious. Really serious! Bloody serious! Now if it was that serious why did't Allah just come out with it and mention it in the Quran in black and white and word to word???

Brother with all due respect, this post relies completely on the idea that this verse was revealed about Ghadir or ath-Thaqalayn (I think that's what you're getting at. Well unfortunatley this verse wasn't revealed on Ghadir, it was revealed on 'Arafah. 

Tafsir ibn Kathir:

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=822&Itemid=60

Imam Ahmad recorded that Tariq bin Shihab said, "A Jewish man said to `Umar bin Al-Khattab, `O Leader of the Believers! There is a verse in your Book, which is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us, we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration.' `Umar bin Al-Khattab asked, `Which is that verse' The Jew replied, 

﴿الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِى﴾

(This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you...) `Umar replied, `By Allah! I know when and where this verse was revealed to Allah's Messenger . It was the evening on the Day of `Arafah on a Friday.''' Al-Bukhari recorded this Hadith through Al-Hasan bin As-Sabbah from Ja`far bin `Awn. Muslim, At-Tirmidhi and An-Nasa'i also recorded this Hadith. In the narration collected by Al-Bukhari in the book of Tafsir, through Tariq, he said, "The Jews said to `Umar, `By Allah! There is a verse that is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us, we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration.' `Umar said, `By Allah! I know when and where this verse was revealed and where the Messenger of Allah was at that time. It was the day of `Arafah, and I was at `Arafah, by Allah.'' Sufyan (one of the narrators) doubted if Friday was mentioned in this narration. Sufyan's confusion was either because he was unsure if his teacher included this statement in the Hadith or not. Otherwise, if it was because he doubted that the particular day during the Farewell Hajj was a Friday, it would be a mistake that could not and should not have come from someone like Sufyan Ath-Thawri. The fact that it was a Friday, is agreed on by the scholars of Sirah and Fiqh. There are numerous Hadiths that support this fact that are definitely authentic and of the Mutawatir type. This Hadith was also reported from `Umar through various chains of narration.

So this is Mutawatir. Now ath-Thaqalayn in it's authentic expressions was at Ghadir Khumm. So I'm afraid this cannot be applied to either al-Hadith al-Ghadir or ath-Thaqalayn. 

• Advanced Member

Brother with all due respect, this post relies completely on the idea that this verse was revealed about Ghadir or ath-Thaqalayn (I think that's what you're getting at. Well unfortunatley this verse wasn't revealed on Ghadir, it was revealed on 'Arafah.

Tafsir ibn Kathir:

So this is Mutawatir. Now ath-Thaqalayn in it's authentic expressions was at Ghadir Khumm. So I'm afraid this cannot be applied to either al-Hadith al-Ghadir or ath-Thaqalayn.

I'm not getting at anything. All i want to know is that if someone can explain to me what it was all about in detail. What happened on that day that Islam was completed, favours were fullfilled and Allah became totally satisfied? Any ideas?

• Veteran Member

Tafsir ibn Kathir:

Ibn Kathir did not favor Ahlul Bayt (as) Therefore, he is rejected...

• Basic Members

I'm not getting at anything. All i want to know is that if someone can explain to me what it was all about in detail. What happened on that day that Islam was completed, favours were fullfilled and Allah became totally satisfied? Any ideas?

My post explained this. 

Ibn Kathir did not favor Ahlul Bayt (as) Therefore, he is rejected...

Ahhh, let me guess, he was a nasibi evil fasid Dhalim taghut fasiq luti etc etc. Well if he was a Nasibi then why does he narrate a poem in mourning of 'Ali (RA) in al-Bidayah wa Nihayah? This post Ameen asking what happened on that day, I'm allowed to answer from our sources am I not?

• Veteran Member

My post explained this. 

Ahhh, let me guess, he was a nasibi evil fasid Dhalim taghut fasiq luti etc etc. 

If the  shia's claim the above, then you  have no idea what  constitutes proof ?

• Advanced Member

Posted Today, 03:56 PM

Ameen, on 30 Jun 2015 - 8:13 PM, said:

My post explained this.

What did you explain? All you said that the verse in question was revealed at or on Arafah. Explain to me? I'm listening!

Edited by Ameen

• Advanced Member

My post explained this. 

Ahhh, let me guess, he was a nasibi evil fasid Dhalim taghut fasiq luti etc etc. Well if he was a Nasibi then why does he narrate a poem in mourning of 'Ali (ra) in al-Bidayah wa Nihayah? This post Ameen asking what happened on that day, I'm allowed to answer from our sources am I not?

Ibn Kathir is his famous tafsir of quran mention a narration from Ikrimah regarding the verse of 33:33. 

http://quran4u.com/Tafsir%20Ibn%20Kathir/033%20Ahzab.htm#ينِسَآ

Ikrimah was a nasbi and a liar even according to some of your own scholars. Yet that did not stop ibn kathir from using Ikrimah as one of the proofs to counter the shia argument of 33:33. So there are occasions where, if possible, ibn kathir shows his true colours regarding the holy Ahlulbayt (as).

• Advanced Member

My post explained this. 

Ahhh, let me guess, he was a nasibi evil fasid Dhalim taghut fasiq luti etc etc. Well if he was a Nasibi then why does he narrate a poem in mourning of 'Ali (RA) in al-Bidayah wa Nihayah? This post Ameen asking what happened on that day, I'm allowed to answer from our sources am I not?

Absolutely you are allowed to answer from your sources. So what exactly did happen on this particular day? You've told me when this verse was revealed but you haven't told me why it was revealed. What was the purpose of it and how exactly was religion completed, favours full filled and complete satisfaction obtained? What happened? Break it down for me!

• Advanced Member

(salam)
(bismillah)

Ibn Kathir is his famous tafsir of quran mention a narration from Ikrimah regarding the verse of 33:33. 

http://quran4u.com/Tafsir%20Ibn%20Kathir/033%20Ahzab.htm#ينِسَآ

Ikrimah was a nasbi and a liar even according to some of your own scholars. Yet that did not stop ibn kathir from using Ikrimah as one of the proofs to counter the shia argument of 33:33. So there are occasions where, if possible, ibn kathir shows his true colours regarding the holy Ahlulbayt (as).

Yet, `Ikramah narrated Khutbah al-Shiqshiqiyyah, and many Shia scholars have attempted to authenticate this Khutbah.

(salam)

• Advanced Member

Brother there are approximately 5 chains of narrations regarding Khutbah al-Shiqshiqiyyah that's available on net and all are different, accept the two chains, I have doubts on other two because in one chain Ikramah is there, but which Ikramah is not known, there were many Ikramah, who is he in this chain, i am not sure.

Edited by goldenhawk