Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Pearl178

Whats The Best Lesson You've Learned?

Rate this topic

On 6/23/2015 at 11:24 AM, starlight said:

LIFE IS UNFAIR

If you are nice to people doesn't necessarily mean they will be nice to you too.

and last but not the least:

If Allah assists you, then there is none that can overcome you, and if He forsakes you, who is there then that can assist you after Him? And on Allah should the believers rely.(3:160)

I'm such a dodo that it took me 25 years to realise this, since I've accepted it, I've been much more content.

Time. It's precious. During the periods of your life when tensions are low and time is wide, that is your summer, because know that winter will come and you need to make your self as ready as you can in every way for that. Time is the most precious commodity you can have, don't waste it! Don't be a miser who never helps or spends time or relaxes, but be balanced.

Don't believe due to an appeal to authority, believe based on evidence and open your heart to the truth and be honest to yourself.

On 6/23/2015 at 3:22 PM, Darth Vader said:

This world and this life is all meant for work and toil. Its useless and even harmful to hope to have things like leisure, justice, or other good things here. They are simply not here. Real life is the after life and it is with Allah. And that life, THE life, should be worth all the patience you can muster through this life.

SubhanAllah.

Quran-Chapter-40-Verse-39.jpg

On 6/23/2015 at 7:13 PM, magma said:

That nobody in the outside world cares about you. 

For me it's the opposite, that maybe other people DO care about me, and so I shouldn't keep people so at bay. 

Don't fear losing material goods in this life for taking your own decisions and trusting your own judgement, sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. Most important thing to keep in mind is not to lose ourselves in order to gain something or avoid losing anything.

Best lesson I've learned: businessmen are lower than animals.

Note: not everyone who owns a business is a businessman, per my definition.

If you own a business to earn rizq and so others can work for you and earn rizq, you are not a businessman. You're just a guy with a business who thankfully has not let that fact turn you into scum. And in fact I know many people like this. I have worked for some people like this; people who actually trust you and acknowledge that you are a human being and you need to make a living just like they do. But the one thing they all have in common: their businesses are very limited and they have no interest in "expanding" or "trying to reach new markets" or other assorted hogwash. (Anyone who uses terms like that can go to hell. That's another lesson.)

So anyway,,, to elaborate: eh never mind. You get the idea. I'm not very fond of the businessmens. 

I once had a very admirable team leader I was working with, a senior engineer, and he was always handed down excuses and was not being promoted while others were. And he was stressed by the situation. I asked him why he was working at all and wasn't it all for peace of mind and he said yes. Being his friend I told him something and it clicked. I told him: "In pursuit of peace of mind, don't lose your peace of mind."

This is what I learnt.... Perhaps a little too late but at least I did.

Imam Ali (as): Do not expect from others, you won't be disappointed

Apart from that, I've learnt a lot of really important things as in " How to act, live, treat others etc. " from the quotes of Imam Ali (عليه السلام). They are numerous!

'...and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know.' (Surah Baqarah: 216)

I used to think this was just something we all knew and it was very basic but after a couple things ive realized its so true and that when Allah bans something the disadvantages of what you are banned from outweigh the advantages by A LOT (usually it would benefit short term but be a big problem in the long term).

I wont go into details (no I haven't done major any major sins) but ive learnt this to be true.

On 6/23/2015 at 2:16 PM, Christianlady said:

The best lesson I've ever learned is the "Golden Rule" which Jesus Christ taught his followers:

"Do to others as you would have them do to you." - Luke 6:31 (NIV)

This rule, if obeyed by everybody, would solve so many problems.

Platinum Rule is even a better one to obey.

"Treat others how they want to be treated."

Guest silasun

If you see a person who is outwardly pious, don't automatically trust them with all that you have without getting to know them- perhaps they are a wolf in religious clothing.

If you see a sinner (even an atheist) don't curse them or look down at them. It's possible that their spiritual rectitude will be an impediment to your own spiritual development. Maybe your arrogance in looking down at them will be a dealt with by God as a much greater sin than what they are committing.

Instead, pray for their forgiveness and guidance with all your heart and help them be a better person.

By the way I haven't implemented the advice I postes fully but I think it is very useful and important if acted on.

Corruptions (moral, environmental, and social ills) have appeared in the lands and the seas, due to the actions of the humans who have earned it through their own hands. HE makes the humans taste the consequences of what they have sowed so they may reconsider (their actions). [sura Room, Ayat 41]