Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Khudayar

Who Are Your Favourite Muslim Lecturers?

Rate this topic

Bismillah

My favourite english speaking Shia lecturer is by far:

Sayyid Sulaymān Hasan `Abidī

Never heard of him, thanks. I will check his lectures.

Ayatullah Mutahari  (ra) Ayatullah Fadllulah  (ra)  Ayatullah Khamanei  (ra) as short speeches/clips.

As for lecturers, many, sunni's and shias.

So nice mashaAllah.

There is a shaykh from Canada, Murtaza Bachoo, he has some uplifting lectures masha'Allah.

I don't know how I forgot to mention Sheikh Murtaza Bachoo. Thanks for reminding.

Dr. J. Brown and Nouman Ali Khan and mufti Menk are better than most on that list, but they are sunnis, thought the content of their talks are not sectarian, so a lot can be gained from them, inspiration wise if nothing else.

I also like few sunni and sufi sheikhs and I listen to their lectures in addition to those of shia Muslim sheikhs. But the problem is that, I can't stand to listen to the people who are politically incorrect. Be the lecturers "sunnis", "sufis" or "shias".

And sadly in the English speaking sunni-sufi communities, the politically correct ones are rare. I only know a few sunni organizations like the Institute of Contemporary Islamic Thought and a few scholars like Sheikh Imran Hossein who are politically correct.

I know there might me a lot of politically correct sunnis and sufis but they don't have a voice in the media or other things. Because the Western regimes offer such opportunities to their wahhabi allies instead. The same thing applies for shia Muslims, as well as sunni and sufi Muslims. You can see that British and American regimes grant satellite TV channels for "shia" extremists, while removing the orthodox and moderate and politically correct (i.e. related to the Islamic Republic of Iran) shia Islamic satellite channels (PressTV, Al-Alam, SaharTV and other IRIB channels) off the air.

Sorry for rambling and thanks a lot.

P.S. I just realized that Sheikh Shabbir Hassanally was a member here: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/18398-question-to-shabbir-all-welcome-to-respond/

How could such a respected Sheikh be banned here?

Edited by Khudayar

On 20/06/2015 at 11:16 AM, Tawheed313 said:

Ayatullah Mutahari (ra) Ayatullah Fadllulah (ra)  Ayatullah Khamanei (ra) as short speeches/clips.

As for lecturers, many, sunni's and shias.

why sunnis? who do you listen to

Sayed ammar nakhshwani , Sheikh Hamza sodagar , Assad jafferi , Hassnain rajabali , Sayed Mahdi moddaresi  and I also like sayed Ali khamenies pure stream media clips , and from sunni scholars I like nouman ali khan and sheikh Imran Hussein to some extent aswell