Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Haydar Husayn

Funny Rajabali Video On Hijab

Rate this topic

No, Ruq is trying to make a point that women get distracted too. Nothing inappropriate about that.

Oh okay. 

But men get distracted 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times more.

Oh okay. 

But men get distracted 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times more.

Like lust level for men is like 100%, for women its 0.1%, which is why men are more likely to be the ones who end up sinning.

This is not true. The different genders simply express their sexuality differently.

Imam as-Sadiq (as) said that women were given the potency of twelve men, but were also given the patience of twelve men (ان النساء اعطين بضع اثني عشر ، وصبر اثني عشر).

hmm so then why does it seem like boys are 100 x more lustful? 

Imam as -Sadiq (as) is a scientist.

Men and women express sexuality in different ways as Gaius said,that's why it seems that men are more lustful.

Qur'an tells women and men to lower their gaze.

I've removed a post on this thread due to the inappropriate content after consultation with other moderators. Let's please try to remember that this is an Islamic forum, and this entails that we try to express ourselves in a way that reflects that. Given that we are in the month of Ramadan, and this is a thread relating to modesty, this should be even more at the forefront of our minds.

If it helps, a useful rule of thumb for knowing if something is appropriate or not could be "Would I say this in front of the Prophet (pbuh)?". If you even hesitate, then it's probably better to word what you want to say in a better way.

I think Sir Rajab Ali was reacting with frustration because he did not want to offend any lady that might been in his majlis but at the same time he found their so called hijab offensive .

I'd feel offended by such hijab. It is offensive to the concept of hijab, to modesty , to religion and to the gender . but the hijab is part of religion, part of freedom of the woman. You cannot enforce it upon her nor it will be possible to do so.

What many women miss is that the immodest look may bring attraction, but they should ask themselves : is it the attraction I want to get? Who will I attract?

Some Muslims prefer the not so religious people . Religion put a lot of boundaries and restrictions. This can create many conflicts. So women with such hijab wants to attract men who do the mind them. That's fair. But they may attract also wrong persons .

There is no value in showing body curves and skins more than attraction. A woman can enjoy almost all activities while being modest for real. She can gain respect and she can be socially active with proper hijab but this is conditioned on how she wears it. Almost any piece of cloth if worn without confidence will look awkward on the woman.

The preacher is appealing to our Fitra to determine what constitutes modesty (and morality in general) but somehow we can't use the same argument to show that Mut'ah is immoral since people, even the most pious, are averse to it. If modesty is only expressed in the headscarf and loose clothing then how does he explain the different standards of modesty across cultures. In aboriginal societies, men and women are almost nude, and some even consider paintings a form of covering. Is he okay with that?

Honestly, I think women should be able to display their beauty in order to attract the best possible partners. Facial features, body proportions, hair, etc.. these are all indicators of good health and genes (or in some case it may indicate social advantages such as wealth and power). We are all hard wired to seek beautiful partners even the most religious. Of course there is more to attraction than mere physical beauty but women should not be restricted from using it to their advantage.

Edited by Sea Ocean

The preacher is appealing to our Fitra to determine what constitutes modesty (and morality in general) but somehow we can't use the same argument to show that Mut'ah is immoral since people, even the most pious, are averse to it. If modesty is only expressed in the headscarf and loose clothing then how does he explain the different standards of modesty across cultures. In aboriginal societies, men and women are almost nude, and some even consider paintings a form of covering. Is he okay with that?

Honestly, I think women should be able to display their beauty in order to attract the best possible partners. Facial features, body proportions, hair, etc.. these are all indicators of good health and genes (or in some case it may indicate social advantages such as wealth and power). We are all hard wired to seek beautiful partners even the most religious. Of course there is more to attraction than mere physical beauty but women should not be restricted from using it to their advantage.

He's not appealing to our fitra to determine morality. He's appealing to our fitra to realise that wearing hijab and super-tight clothing is a contradiction.

He's not appealing to our fitra to determine morality. He's appealing to our fitra to realise that wearing hijab and super-tight clothing is a contradiction.

It's only a contradiction to those who are sexually frustrated. In reality, no male would bat an eyelid if a sexual outlet was available.

My fitra tells me that it is wholly unnatural to be turned on by every female with tight-clothing.

This is not true. The different genders simply express their sexuality differently.

Imam as-Sadiq (as) said that women were given the potency of twelve men, but were also given the patience of twelve men (ان النساء اعطين بضع اثني عشر ، وصبر اثني عشر).

If these narrations are accepted and interpreted in the manner that you have done (and this is how they are usually interpreted), then are they not very far away from observation? Other narrations have been rejected (or pushed towards reinterpretation) because of their meaning (regardless of the chain) and I think these particular narrations may need to undergo the same procedure. 

If wives really start to think that their desires are 9 or 12 times stronger than their husbands, then it could lead to problems in marriage. A huge amount of anecdotal evidence and scientific evidence opposes the common interpretation of these ahadith. I am amazed at how often they are quoted without raising severe doubt. How can people just accept the meaning given to these ahadith when they seem so unreal?

Consider if we had ahadith which stated that the physical strength of women is five time that of men; it could lead to problems if a husband thought that his wife was lying about not being able to lift some furniture around the house. Similarly in the case of these desires, wives may become inconsiderate towards their husbands needs.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

Yes, he's saying tight clothing contradict modesty because modesty is a moral concept. He states this clearly: “something in your heart tells you what is modesty and what is not” because “it has a nature”. Many people believe that being modest is a moral virtue, and he seems to posit that the fitra calls us to be virtuous.

Edited by Sea Ocean