Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Chair Pundit

God Created Sexual Desire Without A Guarantee?

Rate this topic

The ideal state of human affairs would be to have private organs designed solely as an outlet for the bowels. Why? Because it is nigh impossible for some people to have their intense urge for sexual gratification fulfilled. Is it of any wonder why people resort to self-gratification? Why would God create such an erotic sensation without a guarantee that there would actually be a person of the opposite gender willing to engage in the immediate satisfaction of this sexual thirst? In light of this, how can it be considered reasonable for God to expect one to ignore it in the mean time? Why couldn't God have designed reality so as to ensure that the feeling of sensuality is activated after the act of marriage?

I agree with you that a human can be stuck in a situation in our time where the desire is too high to not be considered yet it cannot act upon it in an Islamically legal way nor should it in an Islamically illegal way and the social system tries to hinder the human from what can be the only Islamically agreeable way in today's age

I'm sorry.. I can find no answer for this disturbing matter and I am experiencing it since a long period of time.

Does that not disturb your faith as a consequence?

Do you need to feel hungry after you have acquired food or do you feel hungry so that it may lead you towards fulfilling your need for food?

Sexual desires are in the same way needed before marriage/sex to lead one into it. 

Now he has left options available, both forbidden ones and permissible ones for the sake of free will, it is out duty and what Allah wants, for us to seek the permissable means which are not harmful and good for us whereas he has forbidden the bad/harmful option which is something other than marriage.

So like food we have been made to feel hunger so that we may be reminded of our need, much like pain is needed to know of our injury. Once hunger is felt then it can be treated by eating and this is what allows humans to live, the feeling of hunger.

In the same way, sexual desires are needed prior to mating to encourage them to mate however not all forms of sex and mating is beneficial and all ways but marriage is harmful, so marriage has been left as the only good recommendation whereas the rest are harmful therefore he has provided for us means and an end.

Do you need to feel hungry after you have acquired food or do you feel hungry so that it may lead you towards fulfilling your need for food?

But the parallelism is not pertinent. When we experience the pangs of hunger we can consume food to alleviate the hunger. But when we experience sexual desire, as believers of faith, we do not easily have an outlet by which the need can be lawfully satiated. Thus, my complaint still stands.

But the parallelism is not pertinent. When we experience the pangs of hunger we can consume food to alleviate the hunger. But when we experience sexual desire, as believers of faith, we do not easily have an outlet by which the need can be lawfully satiated. Thus, my complaint still stands.

Then you go and get the outlet!

God does not provide you food on a spoon for you to swallow, you work hard, spend days working and earn money to buy food to satisfy your hunger.

In the same way we must work hard to improve ourselves and make ourselves worth marrying and searching for marriage, once married keeping that marriage.

God has provided you with the end and the means, you just have to bother to make an effort yourself not sit on your couch waiting for God to drop a woman down your chimney.

God does not provide you food on a spoon for you to swallow, you work hard, spend days working and earn money to buy food to satisfy your hunger.

That analogy would only work if we could similarly earn money to purchase a woman to satisfy our sexual desire immediately. 

That analogy would only work if we could similarly earn money to purchase a woman to satisfy our sexual desire immediately. 

You can purchase a wife, its what many people do when they marry from 'back home'. 

All women also seek marriage and a husband and there are more women than men, if you can be a man and provide sustenance for a wife, then its easy to find a woman to fit that slot.

Women are everywhere.

Look I honestly believe you are using your lack of ability to get women as an argument against God, go try harder and if it doesn't work then change yourself and improve in your practice of religion and ethics and soon all women will want you.

Did this myself, although I am poor and overweight and average looking, I have found many families and daughters happy with me but plans don't work out so I turn them down.

Improve your character and soul and you will be better than others and a suitable mate.

You don't know how much women want a man to spend their life with but they are cautious and they see character more than us, that's why some fat guys have game but some good looking ones don't.

In any case you can earn good qualities of character to purchase a woman with, good qualities are earned by habitual practice of righteous acts (Aristotle's view on virtue).

Look I honestly believe you are using your lack of ability to get women as an argument against God, go try harder and if it doesn't work then change yourself and improve in your practice of religion and ethics and soon all women will want you.

That isn't the point though. The problem is concerning the marriage aspect which isn't viable for all in the short-term. 

How do others deal with the problem?

Allah has made halal ways to go about it,

If one can't do that, they are supposed to fast to supress the urge, keep remembrance of Allah. And not be idle.

one must try his utmost to get married, if not that then temporary marriage.

Even then if the problem persists, while you are trying your utmost. The remember Allah is the most merciful ^^