Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Feedback On New Shia Kids' Toy Line

Rate this topic

UmmAyat

• Basic Members

As salam alaikum everyone!

(I'm new here and not sure if my last post went through or not - moderator, please delete this is it's duplicative).

So a friend of mine told me this would be the best place to get a lot of feedback quickly.  This is amazing and thank you to the team that brings this to us! May you all be rewarded for this community service inshallah.

So I'm posting to get feedback/ideas/comments/constructive criticism from as many parents (or soon to be parents!  :) ) as possible on a new toy line that we will be officially launching very soon inshallah!

It all started when I noticed my own 1.5 year old learning the English alphabet super fast by simply being a kid and playing with an alphabet peg board puzzle.  When I tried to order an arabic alphabet puzzle for her, the only options required overseas shipping to the US and were too expensive.  So then I started talking to some artisans on Etsy to see if one could be made when it hit me...our children should have a whole line of toys introducing concepts, events, ideas and individuals to them at an early age and through play.  So following the advice in the hadith of Imam Ali as: "to train a child, bring yourself down to their level of childhood" we established Ayat's Toys! 

Below are pics of my daughter playing with some of the sample puzzles.  The first two are basic puzzles for very young children.  One is of the family tree of the infallibles (it goes clockwise but as you can see my daughter placed some of the pieces in the wrong place haha).  One is a peg board puzzle introducing hadith-e-kisa and will inshallah be accompanied by a "bed time story" type format of the hadith.  And the 3rd is for an older child about 6-8 so they can have a meaningful discussion with caretakers about Hurr and the decision he made and other concepts such as choosing right over wrong even when it's hard.

Please let me know what you think!  Any and all comments/criticism is welcome.  We are very excited for our official launch soon and are trying to get as much feedback as possible before then!

IMG_9285_1024x1024.JPG?v=1434393969

IMG_9304_1024x1024.jpg?v=1434393495

Hurr_Jigsaw_1024x1024.jpg?v=1434392813