Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
UmmAyat

Looking For Feedback: New Line Of Shia Kids Toys

Rate this topic

You could make a board game which encourages good Akhlaq

For example; you land on chance and a dilemma arises where someone has done some wrong, do you A) forgive him b.) ignore him or c) punish him? each answer should have like 2 moves forward or back on the board etc, this type of games would encourage them to apply the correct moral decisions in life as it is taught to them with board games.

It's a great idea what you are doing, I would personally buy such toys and puzzles for my baby sisters!

Edited by Khalilallah

Mashallah great work sister ... although i am just married but i would buy it for my nieces inshaAllah .... 

you can start selling it on Ebay or if you want i can make a website for you like Shiatoys.com if you say .........

Mashallah great work sister ... although i am just married but i would buy it for my nieces inshaAllah .... 

you can start selling it on Ebay or if you want i can make a website for you like Shiatoys.com if you say .........

Salaam Barader Jor bashi Jor!

Khoda tura peroza da australia bidya.

Ws wr wb

MashaAllah sister what a great initiative. I love the tree jigsaw. Keep at it inshaAllah.

One suggestion regarding the logo, to give you honest feedback I would be covering it before I was to give it to my own children.

It's a very good range you have as well, from simple pictorials to full passages. Looking forward to seeing more :)

Edited by advocate

ASA everyone! 

I had no idea when my post went through and therefore never knew I had responses!  Thank you all for your ideas, advice and suggestions! We are very new (and a bit nervous with it being such a huge undertaking) so please do keep us in your duas!

Br Khalilallah - What a spectacular idea!  One of the next few designs I am working on is actually based off of Risalat e Haqooq so maybe a part 2 to that would be a board game!  Thank you!

Br LIaquat - I have no idea about IT related things but have a very very basic website set up at www.ayatstoys.com.  Please check it out and if you see areas for improvement, perhaps we can discuss those items?

Br Notme - Yep:) that was one of the changes made immediately after the arrival for this sample batch! 

Br/Sr? Advocate - can you please elaborate on the issues with the logo? This is exactly the kind of constructive criticism I was looking for but please give me some details:)

Br/Sr highflyer - We're not ready for official launch but are taking pre-orders for delivery in July/August.  You can check out www.ayatstoys.com to order.

thanks everyone!  

Ws wr wb,

Br Advocate - can you please elaborate on the issues with the logo? This is exactly the kind of constructive criticism I was looking for but please give me some details:) 

Sure. It's basically the picture of the little girl I wouldn't think suitable for my sons, esp if I'm using these toys from an early age with them (by extension I'd include the name as well). If I had daughters, a related thing about the logo would be the hijab. I am impressed by these toys and think they have a lot of potential, and even influence, on the children, which is why I posted these thoughts.

Thanks

Ws

Edited by advocate

Ah, I get what you're saying.  The hijab issue I definitely did consider and (this is going to sound nerdy) but we want to change the logo when our daughter becomes baligha haha.  Our current target group is very young children but as she ages (and if we're still around! iA) then the products may too so that's why we went with it for now.   I guess I never considered that a little boy may not want to play with something that is named after a little girl or has a little girl's pic on it. Definitely definitely something to gather specific feedback on after the first few orders are shipped...thank you!

Dear sister,

This is a great idea. I think it would be important to give you the following pieces of advise:

1. Incoorporate the Prophet and the Quran into these toys.

2. Perhaps for the ages of 3-4, give simple and direct quotes from the Prophet and Imams a.s - but verify each hadith to make sure its authentic. Perhaps the quotes should be based on simple concepts such as treating ones parents with kindness, not lying, not backbiting, brushing ones teeth, and so on. You could make a story-book for children about the imams a.s and prophet pbuh, i.e simple events, but make them truthful and verified by authenticity.

I would buy these if i were to have children, if they were fair-priced and easily shippable.

Your best bet to advertise this is on Ahlulbayt TV and shia-chat.

Edited by Tawheed313