Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ruq

The Sc Bear Appreciation Society Thread (Official)

Rate this topic

On 2/3/2017 at 7:27 PM, uponthesunnah said:

Okay, i'lll let you in on this,

The idea is to get big, and be intimidating to evil people

but to be a good-behaved human-bear.

I can't decide whether to go for the lion-look or the bear-look.

If the lion look involves you growing your hair out and dying it strawberry blonde i'd suggest you go for the bear. If you want to intimidate like a bear you should learn to pop your jaw

and master the bluff charge.

On 2/3/2017 at 7:40 PM, Ruq said:

If the lion look involves you growing your hair out and dying it strawberry blonde i'd suggest you go for the bear. If you want to intimidate like a bear you should learn to pop your jaw

and master the bluff charge.

is it true if i get to jannah i can has whatever i like, so if i want be bear thre i be bear there?

16 minutes ago, uponthesunnah said:

is it true if i get to jannah i can has whatever i like, so if i want be bear thre i be bear there?

post-73242-0-00901200-1386437714.gif ...could you be confusing jannah with lucid dreaming? if you can train yourself to lucid dream you could maybe experience yourself as a bear in your dream. It wouldnt be an authentic bear experience though of course. You just reminded me, i once saw someone talk about a near death experience they had where they experienced the world as someone else in a sense (their feelings and physical sensations), so its not unthinkable that this kind of thing could be a possibility. :)

On 2/3/2017 at 8:06 PM, Ruq said:

post-73242-0-00901200-1386437714.gif ...could you be confusing jannah with lucid dreaming? if you can train yourself to lucid dream you could maybe experience yourself as a bear in your dream. It wouldnt be an authentic bear experience though of course. You just reminded me, i once saw someone talk about a near death experience they had where they experienced the world as someone else in a sense (their feelings and physical sensations), so its not unthinkable that this kind of thing could be a possibility. :)

You have this gift of being able to turn anything into something fascinating. These answers to the silliest questions.

And that is pretty interesting. But i guess, it would be your brain perceiving what you felt to be that persons feelings and emotions. So you would live their life in your dream not as they are, but ultimately as you are.

On 2/3/2017 at 8:08 PM, uponthesunnah said:

You have this gift of being able to turn anything into something fascinating. These answers to the silliest questions.

Its nice to be appreciated, thanks =)

On 2/3/2017 at 8:08 PM, uponthesunnah said:

And that is pretty interesting. But i guess, it would be your brain perceiving what you felt to be that persons feelings and emotions. So you would live their life in your dream not as they are, but ultimately as you are.

Well, with regards to this NDE account, i seem to remember the person suggesting that they didnt lose any knowledge whilst they 'wore' the other persons experience, as it were. So perhaps it was more like being in a simulation of the other persons experience. The other option would be for you to unplug (or be unplugged) from all knowledge of your own life experience and to have your consciousness some how plug into another beings entire reality. But would it be you experiencing it? if 'our' consciousness is simply the faculty of awareness then nothing would have changed, consciousness wouldnt be experiencing anything new.

On 2/3/2017 at 8:29 PM, Ruq said:

Its nice to be appreciated, thanks =)

Well, with regards to this NDE account, i seem to remember the person suggesting that they didnt lose any knowledge whilst they 'wore' the other persons experience, as it were. So perhaps it was more like being in a simulation of the other persons experience. The other option would be for you to unplug (or be unplugged) from all knowledge of your own life experience and to have your consciousness some how plug into another beings entire reality. But would it be you experiencing it? if 'our' consciousness is simply the faculty of awareness then nothing would have changed, consciousness wouldnt be experiencing anything new.

I'm doing a course on the philosophy of the mind. What is conciousness?

If as you say, conciousness is a faculty of awareness, [to keep this relevant to the thread] if i unplugged you and plugged your conciousness to a bear [somehow] and deleted your memories, would that even work?

Is conciousness in one creature the same as in another?

Is conciousness merely a process that occurs in the brain? How can material matter lead to immaterial abilities to feel and perceive?

Most importantly of all, how bad is my life when i am discussing philosophy and bears when i'm supposed to be studying about neurology?

@uponthesunnah Bears have been known to dabble in philosophy. eed8e00a4502521a02161b2f86e21b4b.jpg

Work in what sense? in that instance it would seem that what was human consciousness (that is, the human capacity for conscious awareness) would become bear consciousness (the bear capacity for conscious awareness). Some kind of body would be needed to regulate that experience and make it the kind that it is, but it need not be the gross body.

5 minutes ago, uponthesunnah said:

Sorry, but my neighbours are noisy right now and it's almost 2am and i'm half procrastinating here and half studying, and i wish i were an enormous grizzly bear and ripped the hinge's of their doors.

I am so thankful we're detached! the loudest noise here is the fridge.

11 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

ezgif.com-04f5cb102d.gif

This is a good example of how intelligent and adaptive bears are. At some point the bear must have mimicked the human waving and the human must have gotten all excited about the bears anthropomorphic behaviour and thrown a reward, so the bear continued the strategy and taught his friend to do likewise =) now he gets a load of extra treats with minimal energy expenditure.

@Ruq  When we grew up, we thought of bears as like hogs. That would take a while to explain. When that changed is when l was watching Park Rangers test "bear proofing" with griz. l was struck by how 'human' they moved.

Since l have learned more l really appreciate bears -if they are "over there". l'z chicken :scarerun:

They do taste good, though. :eat: 

4 hours ago, Ruq said:

This is a good example of how intelligent and adaptive bears are. At some point the bear must have mimicked the human waving and the human must have gotten all excited about the bears anthropomorphic behaviour and thrown a reward, so the bear continued the strategy and taught his friend to do likewise =) now he gets a load of extra treats with minimal energy expenditure.

Bless them! Yeah turns into Operant Conditioning. 

They look so cute though : D 

IMG_1352.JPG

Edited by Heavenly_Silk

12 hours ago, hasanhh said:

@Ruq  When we grew up, we thought of bears as like hogs. That would take a while to explain. When that changed is when l was watching Park Rangers test "bear proofing" with griz. l was struck by how 'human' they moved.

Since l have learned more l really appreciate bears -if they are "over there". l'z chicken :scarerun:

They do taste good, though. :eat: 

What tastes good?!

Native Americans called bears 'Grandfather' or 'Old man' and werent the only people to notice how human-like the bears can seem.

On 2/5/2017 at 10:43 AM, Ruq said:

What tastes good?!

Sure do !

The best way to cook them is in a roaster elevated within about 2 or 3 inches. This gives their fatty meat space to cook-out and drain off.