Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Jaafar al-Shibli

Before Giving Your Opinion Or Answer [In Islam]

Rate this topic

I have written a short type of article, explaining the Forbbidance of issuing Fatāwā (Islamic Verdicts) from opinion, and answering Without Knowledge. Since, as it seems, a number of members of this forum have been interpreting and deriving from their sheer opinion, concerning Islamic topics. 

(wasalam)

Does this apply even when you state this is your opinion and you're unsure whether it is true or not? 

Side Question, What does your website "Behind the Origins of Truth" imply? That you know the truth, and today's Shias dont? That you are some white knight cleansing Shia Islam of falsehood? Just wondering, cause the website name feels like you are downplaying Shia Islam that is believed today. Kinda reminds me of another one, rivingIslam or what ever its called. Oh wait, it says that in your signature too, what a coincidence. Like Islam is dead today, okay...

Back to the topic, technically this applies to anyone who works with Rijal as well. Anyone on this site, are without a doubt, lacking knowledge in the field of rijal because they do not have authority -> ijtihad. Thus first people these hadith applies to are you all. When you are "post a grading" you are giving your own opinion on that matter by "CHOOSING" the scholar that has graded it "sahih" even though there maybe a scholar that has graded it weak, depending on methodology, and vis versa, when YOU agree or disagree with the hadith. When you do post a hadith with grading, backed by the opinion of a dead scholar, you are essentially giving a fatwa, are you not? You are giving integrity and authority to yourself, for people to take the opinion that is derived. There is a difference for example, when a living marja qualified with ijtihad gives a grading with a hadith that he himself has established, and when you (without ijtihad) find an opinion with a scholars [that are dead] and establish the grading of the hadith. I forgot to mention, then, people on this site, quote your derived hadiths or opinions as proof for it.

Edited by Ethics

Walaikum salam, may Allah swt reward your efforts.

I do have one point to make, what if the views expressed are simply the views of past and present marja's, and so while we can not ourselves make fatwah, we are inclined to the views of scholars who have said what they said, and merely promote their views and fatawahs?

Walaikum salam, may Allah swt reward your efforts.

I do have one point to make, what if the views expressed are simply the views of past and present marja's, and so while we can not ourselves make fatwah, we are inclined to the views of scholars who have said what they said, and merely promote their views and fatawahs?

You would need to say: "Fulan (person), Fulan, said this/ he holds this view...etc". If you support his view, you would also need to mention.

Wa`aslam

Side Question, What does your website "Behind the Origins of Truth" imply? That you know the truth, and today's Shias dont? That you are some white knight cleansing Shia Islam of falsehood? Just wondering, cause the website name feels like you are downplaying Shia Islam that is believed today. Kinda reminds me of another one, rivingIslam or what ever its called. Oh wait, it says that in your signature too, what a coincidence. Like Islam is dead today, okay...

Back to the topic, technically this applies to anyone who works with Rijal as well. Anyone on this site, are without a doubt, lacking knowledge in the field of rijal because they do not have authority -> ijtihad. Thus first people these hadith applies to are you all. When you are "post a grading" you are giving your own opinion on that matter by "CHOOSING" the scholar that has graded it "sahih" even though there maybe a scholar that has graded it weak, depending on methodology, and vis versa, when YOU agree or disagree with the hadith. When you do post a hadith with grading, backed by the opinion of a dead scholar, you are essentially giving a fatwa, are you not? You are giving integrity and authority to yourself, for people to take the opinion that is derived. There is a difference for example, when a living marja qualified with ijtihad gives a grading with a hadith that he himself has established, and when you (without ijtihad) find an opinion with a scholars [that are dead] and establish the grading of the hadith. I forgot to mention, then, people on this site, quote your derived hadiths or opinions as proof for it.

Maybe some people in this website don't do taqleed.

Does this apply even for me? What if I also learn the powers of ilm-e-rijal?

Ilm al-Rijal

:p

If someone is answering a fiqhi question according to marjas fatwa then he/she must provide the link to that fatwa or quote tauzihul masail's masla no. and if someone is answering according to his intellect (and he is not a mujtahid himself ;-) ) then he will be liable to answer Allah on the day of judgement as to how did he reach to that conclusion without expertise and how was he so sure about that issue.