Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Haydar Husayn

The Secularist Anthem?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Imagine there's no heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions

I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger

A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will live as one

I'm sure many of us have heard this song (congratulations if you haven't), and I'm sure to many the words sounded quite good. But if you actually read what is been said, most of it is completely antithetical to religious beliefs. No heaven, no hell, living for today, no religion? I wonder how many people listened to this, while being subconsciously indoctrinated against religion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salamunalaikum,

 

I am enjoying your posts, which rightly hilight the rising harms of secularism in the sense of secular ideaologies penetrating our society, especially in Britain which looks like it might follow France.

 

I have heard of that song, and infact, if my memory serves me right, it was on a 'peace' video, i don't think the video itself referenced to atheism.

 

There was a time when i cut-off totally from sunni-shia debates and focused entirely on the atheist and secular threat. It is a growing, rising threat and power, and our scholars , sheikhs, speakers, intellectuals and every one of us must take heed, before it is too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, in case anyone didn't know, John Lennon was a fan of the Satanist Aleister Crowley, who founded a religion on the principle of 'Do what thy wilt' (which is basically the philosophy of the modern secularist). Aleister Crowley also featured on the cover of the Beatles' album Sgt Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band.
 

sgt_peppers.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should sincerely ask that Allah SWT hasten the re-appearance of his last Hujjah (AJ) soon and establish the pure & Just Islamic system all over the world.

 

It is only in this that can we find hope and an end to all the Anti-Islam/Religion bashing.

Edited by Hussainiyat Zindabad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2015 at 2:40 AM, Haydar Husayn said:

Imagine there's no heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions

I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger

A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will live as one

I'm sure many of us have heard this song (congratulations if you haven't), and I'm sure to many the words sounded quite good. But if you actually read what is been said, most of it is completely antithetical to religious beliefs. No heaven, no hell, living for today, no religion? I wonder how many people listened to this, while being subconsciously indoctrinated against religion?

Resurrecting an old thread..Isn't the bigger picture from the lyrics ultimately, to promote peace and stop wars? He was after all, very verbal about his opposition to the Vietnam war which is why he ended up being murdered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2016 at 6:24 PM, Pearl178 said:

Resurrecting an old thread..Isn't the bigger picture from the lyrics ultimately, to promote peace and stop wars?

As the saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. He may have wanted to promote peace, as many did in the hippy movement. They also wanted to promote atheism, drug taking, and promiscuity.

On 05/11/2016 at 6:24 PM, Pearl178 said:

He was after all, very verbal about his opposition to the Vietnam war which is why he ended up being murdered. 

I don't think that's why he killed.

Quote

Chapman allegedly started planning to kill Lennon three months prior to the murder.

He had been a big Beatles fan, idolizing Lennon, and played guitar himself, but turned against him after becoming a Christian; he was angered at Lennon's comment that the Beatles were "more popular than Jesus." In the South, there were demonstrations, album burnings, boycotts, and projectiles were thrown. Some members of Chapman's prayer group made a joke "It went, 'Imagine, imagine if John Lennon was dead.'"[12] Chapman's childhood friend Miles McManushe recalls his referring to the song as "communist." Jan Reeves, sister of one of Chapman's best friends, reports that Chapman "seemed really angry toward John Lennon, and he kept saying he could not understand why John Lennon had said it [that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus]. According to Mark, there should be nobody more popular than the Lord Jesus Christ. He said it was blasphemy."[16]

Chapman had later also been influenced by reading in a library book (John Lennon: One Day at a Time by Anthony Fawcett) about Lennon's life in New York. According to his wife Gloria, "He was angry that Lennon would preach love and peace but yet have millions [of dollars]." Chapman later said that "He told us to imagine no possessions, and there he was, with millions of dollars and yachts and farms and country estates, laughing at people like me who had believed the lies and bought the records and built a big part of their lives around his music."[17]
He said that he chose Lennon after seeing him on the cover of The Beatles' album, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. He also recalls having listened to Lennon's John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band album in the weeks before the murder and has stated: "I would listen to this music and I would get angry at him, for saying that he didn't believe in God... and that he didn't believe in the Beatles. This was another thing that angered me, even though this record had been done at least 10 years previously. I just wanted to scream out loud, 'Who does he think he is, saying these things about God and heaven and the Beatles?' Saying that he doesn't believe in Jesus and things like that. At that point, my mind was going through a total blackness of anger and rage. So I brought the Lennon book home, into this The Catcher in the Rye milieu where my mindset is Holden Caulfield and anti-phoniness."[17]

Chapman also said that he had a hit list of people in mind, including David Bowie, Johnny Carson, Marlon Brando, Walter Cronkite, Elizabeth Taylor, George C. Scott and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis[citation needed], but John Lennon seemed to be the easiest to find. He separately said that he was particularly infatuated by Lennon. Chapman's planning has been described as "muddled."[18] Chapman went to New York in October 1980, intending to kill Lennon.[14] He left in order to obtain ammunition from his unwitting friend in Atlanta, Dana Reeves, and returned to New York in November.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_David_Chapman#Plan_to_murder_John_Lennon

Seems like he was killed by a deranged Christian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...