Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Going To A Massage Parlor Halal?

Rate this topic

Forever I'll Beast

• Moderators

If it is cross gender (women to man or man to women) it is problematic and most likely haram

There are certain cases exceptions such as if it medically necessary(ie prescribed by a doctor), the person would be disabled without this treatment, there is noone of the same gender that can perform this, there is no skin  to skin contact (gloves, gowns are worn).(all these conditions must apply) This is probably relevant in only .001% of the cases but I cannot say something is absolutely haram unless there are no exceptions. Bottom line, it is highly discouraged and almost always haram. Unless the person performing this is mahram. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Veteran Member

So youre going to find an unmarried massage therapist and go to her dad and ask permission to marry her for 45 minutes so you can get a massage? wouldnt it be simpler to just find a male to do it?

• Advanced Member

So youre going to find an unmarried massage therapist and go to her dad and ask permission to marry her for 45 minutes so you can get a massage? wouldnt it be simpler to just find a male to do it?

If she isn't a virgin she doesn't need permission does she?

• Moderators

Massages are always "like that." There's no way a massage can't be "like that" because it involves rubbing ones body

Ok then. There's your answer.

:lol: l can't believe this topic exists.

Me too. Believe it or not, it isn't the first time this has been asked.

• Advanced Member

I don't want a male touching my body like that

but that doesn't make it halal if you just say, "i don't want a male touching my body like that", as long as there is a male that can do it, you can't chose female to do it instead unless it's done by your mahram, other than that, no it isn't allowed.

Edited by Rosiee

• Veteran Member

This thread is ridiculous >.< what is it youre scared of? that he's going to take advantage of you? take a chaperone to sit in with you if youre scared and wear burmuda shorts and talk about fixing up cars and the girl you want to marry.

• Veteran Member

There is also a whole arsenal of massage machines available in the market. Mechanical, infrared, vibrating, scalp massager, back massager, so many halal and safe products to choose from which will soothe those body aches and give you the same refreshment which comes from blood circulation due to a massage.

• Advanced Member

This thread is ridiculous >.< what is it youre scared of? that he's going to take advantage of you? take a chaperone to sit in with you if youre scared and wear burmuda shorts and talk about fixing up cars and the girl you want to marry.

I doubt he'd get taken advantage of, look at his profile pic. He's a beast. He probably doesn't want a man to rub on his body, that's all.

• Veteran Member

(salam)

About 30 years ago, I had this severe neuro-muscular spasm at a near debilitating level.

I was sent to the hospital outpatient after the X-ray. The prescription included so much deep-ultra-sound in specified places, and some intermittent manual work by the physical therapist. I went through this 3 times. Then I was fine and continue that way.

The medical technician was a licensed physical therapist employed by the hospital. She <---catch the pronoun's gender? --was very business like and very polite.

This is not the same as a massage.

To me, whether it was male or female working on my neck and upper back makes no difference because it is medical.

That spa and Turkish Bath stuff to me is inappropriate.

• Advanced Member

Thanks everybody for the answers. Maybe I should ask the massage therapist to enter into a 45 minute Mutah relationship with me so we can proceed with a massage

THIS is why sunnis ridicule shias. Mutah this, mutah that. It's ridiculous. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Thanks everybody for the answers. Maybe I should ask the massage therapist to enter into a 45 minute Mutah relationship with me so we can proceed with a massage

Exactly why I have such a problem with Mutah - so counterintuitive 

Can't touch girls? No problem brah! If she's mature, just say a couple things, pay her, and you're good! 

Can't commit non-marital intercourse? Nooo problem brah! If she's mature, no need to ask her dad! Just pay her, say a few words and have fun! 

THIS is why sunnis ridicule shias. Mutah this, mutah that. It's ridiculous. 

Yes. Exactly my point here, this makes a mockery of marriage. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Exactly why I have such a problem with Mutah - so counterintuitive 

Can't touch girls? No problem brah! If she's mature, just say a couple things, pay her, and you're good! 

Can't commit non-marital intercourse? Nooo problem brah! If she's mature, no need to ask her dad! Just pay her, say a few words and have fun! 

Yes. Exactly my point here, this makes a mockery of marriage. 

Honestly - we've made a mockery of the entire concept. No matter the situation, no matter how futile a thing - the answer lies in Mutah. honestly, a 45 minute mutah? gosh, people are desperate.

what did u find so funny?? I think it was disgusting.

Same here. Disgusting,even the thought of it. Oh, and imagine someone from another sect or religion going through this thread - horrible!