Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Martyrdom

Nba Finals

Rate this topic

First let me start off by saying this is shaping up to be a Juggernaut of a match up. It reminds me of last years finals in the sense that warriors have a similar play style as the spurs team. But this is why I think they will win. First Steve Kerr who is a basketball genius played for both Popavich and Phil  Jackson. He knows how to motivate a team and expose opponents weaknesses. Steph is the greatest shooter to play the game. Green is a defensive stopper, and the warriors bench is so deep that they could be starting five on other teams. The oracle arena is the loudest arena in the NBA. Im not saying its going to be easy but the only way I think warriors could lose if they mentally self destruct.  I think warriors either 6 or 7.

Warriors because they are a better team

. I have one concern about the warriors and that is I cannot understand how they were able to give up 45 points in the first quarter. That's a major melt down.

Hope Lebron wins and goes on to become the GOAT since I hate Jordan.  Cavs have athleticism on the perimeter to cause GS some trouble and size inside, healthy Kyrie and it is Cleveland all the way.

Hello,

I am not a huge NBA fan.  But, Cleveland SOOOOO needs a championship.  And, it looks like it will be awhile for my Brownies.

All the Best,

David

So do the Warriors the last title was in 75.

Hope Lebron wins and goes on to become the GOAT since I hate Jordan.  Cavs have athleticism on the perimeter to cause GS some trouble and size inside, healthy Kyrie and it is Cleveland all the way.

Jordan is a petty doosh bag...

but Lebron is a GAY petty doosh bag. Which one do you prefer?

So do the Warriors the last title was in 75.

Yeah but the difference is that Cleveland has nothing but pathetic loser teams. 

The entire state of Ohio has nothing redeemable. Its population should be relocated to some special camp in the Arizona desert and the land now known as Ohio can be used as a training ground for the invasion of Canada.

Also: Go Blue

Golden State has a deeper bench, BUT ...sometimes it's about match-ups. Cleveland actually matches up better. The cavs have athletic guards in Shumpert, J.R. Smith, who's a serious baller when he wants to be, Mozgov matches up much better with Bogut, instead of Dwight Howard or De Andre 2000, Triston Thompson and Lebron can handle Draymond Green and Barnes.

If the Cavs quick guards can take away space from Clay Thompson and Steph, which they are athletic enough to do, and nobody on the Warriors can stop James, Green is too slow on the perimeter, their best guy is Barnes...but i just have a feeling James is in command and will out duel Barnes.

If Kyrie Irving shows up; Cavs in 6.

Jordan is a petty doosh bag...

but Lebron is a GAY petty doosh bag. Which one do you prefer?

I would take Lebron any day, I don't like Lebron either but Jordan is one of the most despicable sportsmen of all times.

They don't have more size than Memphis, and Warriors have athleticism too so that evens itself out.  But a healthy Kyrie could be and the X factor for the cavs. He could cause the Warriors a lot of problem. It should be interesting. This will definitely be a game of chess.

Golden State has a deeper bench, BUT ...sometimes it's about match-ups. Cleveland actually matches up better. The cavs have athletic guards in Shumpert, J.R. Smith, who's a serious baller when he wants to be, Mozgov matches up much better with Bogut, instead of Dwight Howard or De Andre 2000, Triston Thompson and Lebron can handle Draymond Green and Barnes.

Not to take anything away from Triston but I think he was successful in the last series not because hes great but because Atlanta was unable to handle him.  

If the Cavs quick guards can take away space from Clay Thompson and Steph, which they are athletic enough to do, and nobody on the Warriors can stop James, Green is too slow on the perimeter, their best guy is Barnes...but i just have a feeling James is in command and will out duel Barnes.

If Kyrie Irving shows up; Cavs in 6.

I don't think Steve Kerr goal will be to stop James but to just slow him down. Let James get 50 points if he wants as long as the other players are shut down it wont matter. I think they will guard James the same way they Guarded Harden. Also I believe Igudala is a better defender than barnes, but both will tag team James together.  

If one thing these playoffs have shown us is that Steph only needs like one inch of space to shoot. His three dribble then shoot move is impossible to guard, because its so unpredictable. 

Caves have ZERO respect for their coach.

Edited by Martyrdom

^^ Warriors are still predominantly a jump shooting team, Cavs have a lot of weapons that can beat you in all kinds of different ways, they are far more versatile than GS.  If Curry goes beserk making ridiculously difficult shots consistently then obviously no one can beat them, otherwise I definitely would give put Cavs as slight favorites.

Edited by King

It's most likely going to be a tight series all around, and even though Cleveland won the only regular season game between the two, I still say Dubs are going to win it all this year. Curry is nothing but a cheat code in one of your NBA 2K games, it's just not fair to anybody to have to guard a hacker anymore. But Kyrie vs. Curry is going to be fun to watch.

Edited by Jaabir

Salam,

Not to take anything away from Triston but I think he was successful in the last series not because hes great but because Atlanta was unable to handle him.

He dominated the boards against the Bulls and Boston too, it's not only Atlanta. He moves very quick and is a beast inside. He's Clevelands neutralizer against Golden State's Green or Barnes, in inside the paint play. Just my opinion.

I don't think Steve Kerr goal will be to stop James but to just slow him down. Let James get 50 points if he wants as long as the other players are shut down it wont matter. I think they will guard James the same way they Guarded Harden. Also I believe Igudala is a better defender than barnes, but both will tag team James together.

If one thing these playoffs have shown us is that Steph only needs like one inch of space to shoot. His three dribble then shoot move is impossible to guard, because its so unpredictable.

Caves have ZERO respect for their coach.

With all due respect Harden, he's a good player, however he does not even come near to James's calibre. Iguodala may be warriors best defender, but James is too strong for him, James is too fast for Green, Barnes is really their best guy to defend James in my opinion, but James has mass on him too, and James should be stronger. Lebron is not a volume shot taker, he's more of a play maker, I believe his assist and rebound line and turnovers will factor more for him. But it'll come down to Kyrie, J.R. Smith, Thompson, I think Cavs need 2 other guys to have good games in order to win.

I think Cavs can play better defense when healthy. Golden State's the fave, but match-up wise the Cavs can match-up, and Lebron tilts that match up in favour of the Cavs. If Kyrie is 85% and up, Cavs win.

I'm still going with Cavs in 6 lol

Edited by The Canuck

The cavs might have had a chance to win but their main problem is that it was practically 1 on 5.  You almost have to feel sorry for the guy. He worked his but off but theirs no one to help him with scoring with the exception of Irvin. You can never win a championship with 1 on 5. Even Batman needed a Robin.

Now theirs blame to go everywhere , but the main person I blame is the coach.  First this man has no authority whats so ever. When you have lebron making calls that the coach is supposed to do, then what is your purpose on this team? He had one play called yesterday and that was pass the ball to lebron. He practically tired lebron out.  The biggest mistake he committed is that he played Irvin 43 min. That was a grave mistake. The man is injured. The coach put Irvin in a position to get injured.   

Lebron really played extremely well, despite all the obstacles in his way (injured players, idiotic coach, etc).  But Golden State was a better team and deserved this title.  But LeBron should have received finals MVP as a consolation.  i know they tend not to give it to the losing team, but he carried as much burden as any single player could have done. 

Lebron really played extremely well, despite all the obstacles in his way (injured players, idiotic coach, etc). But Golden State was a better team and deserved this title. But LeBron should have received finals MVP as a consolation. i know they tend not to give it to the losing team, but he carried as much burden as any single player could have done.

That woukd be unfair to the winning team. The whole point of being most valuable to your team is to help your team reach a goal. Igudala was most valuable because he helped his team win a championship. You can't be most valuable just for the sake of being most valuable. LeBron is an arrogant fool that got what he deserved. If theirs any disappointment is how on earth curry didn't even get a single vote. Igudala got 7 and LeBron 4 and curly 0.Thats pathetic. Edited by Martyrdom

This statement doesn't make any sense.

Basically what I mean bro is the only goal every team has when they enter the season is to win a championship. And the person who helps his team win it deserves the reward. Thats the purpose of the trophy. If they want to give a trophy to the losing team then let them make up a new one or something. Most valuable loser whatever. People keep saying LeBron didn't have help. How is that warriors fault? Why should you not reward the winning team for something that was out of their control like injuries? Anyways even with Kylie healthy I would still take the Warriors. LeBron in Miami had full support and got crushed by the spurs. It's the new nba philosophy that LeBron is losing too. Edited by Martyrdom