Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Al Azhar- Fatwa On Shias

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Bismillah

^Dont believe that nasibi shaikh ! Maybe its taqiyyatic fatwa, he is trying to convert you people, in the name of unity ! As other wahabi shaikhs are trying to eradicate you people !

Allahu Aalim.

I guess you are not old enough to feel embarrassed about your persistent failure at sarcasm and humor?

• Veteran Member

Bismillah

^Dont believe that nasibi shaikh ! Maybe its taqiyyatic fatwa, he is trying to convert you people, in the name of unity ! As other wahabi shaikhs are trying to eradicate you people !

Allahu Aalim.

The best reply you can give in every thread is " Allahu Aalim "

But putting your nose first in the matter and use your propaganda based knowledge and then throw everything on Allah is something awkward.

• Advanced Member

Salam,

This is fantastic & all, but the main problem is not what historical mainstream Sunnism teaches about shi'ites but the fact that the influence of Al-Azhar is rapidly declining, even minimal compared to the global influence on the minds of Sunnis possessed by the salafi institutions of Saudi Arabia.

Take a look at the UK for example, most Sunni mosques have some connection to Saudi Arabia & the connection with salafism & most major mosques of Europe is much greater than Al-Azhar.

So the days of Al-Azhar is sadly coming to an end & Egypt in 2015 is wholly financially dependent upon the benevolence of the Salafi Kingdom of Saudi Arabia so it's only a matter of time before pure salafism is regarded as the 'mainstream' Sunni doctrine IMHO.

• Moderators

This is not new. 

There have been similar fatawa to this from Al Azhar, since the 1960s

In 1959, a little over a decade after arriving in America, Imam Chirri traveled to Egypt seeking financial assistance for the construction of the mosque he envisioned for the growing Detroit area Muslim community. While in Egypt, Imam Chirri met with President Jamal Abdul Nasser who provided the Islamic Center with a donation large enough to purchase land on Joy Road and Greenfield. During his visit to Egypt, Imam Chirri also met with Sheikh Mahmood Shaltut, Imam of the Al-Azhar University of Cairo. The two spiritual leaders participated in lengthy discussions about the similarities between Shi-ite Jaafari and Sunnite. After their discussions, Imam Shaltut made the historic announcement declaring the equality between the Shi-ite Jaafari and Sunnite Schools.

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhlead/umich-bhl-2009063?rgn=main;view=text

What is new is most of the Arab media and satellite channels hiding these fatawa from the people

and not ever mentioning them, even when it is relevant, so that when something like this comes out

the people believe this to be new. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

AL AZHAR — FATWA ON SHIAS 

I am sure above post will surprise those who are against unity of Shia and Sunni.

Salaam. Thanks for the post. However, the video does not mention most of the points raised in the post. Is there a longer version of the video somewhere that you can link perhaps?

This is not new. 

There have been similar fatawa to this from Al Azhar, since the 1960s

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhlead/umich-bhl-2009063?rgn=main;view=text

Where in the link is the actual fatwa, br. Abu Hadi? I could only see the text, not the actual fatwa.

look what this site is posting:

Al-Azhar Professor Fired after Visiting Iran

He stated that he has been suspended from teaching at al-Azhar for stating that the Salafi movement is more dangerous than the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.

http://www.electronicresistance.net/2015/05/al-azhar-professor-fired-after-visiting-iran/

• Veteran Member

Salam,

This is fantastic & all, but the main problem is not what historical mainstream Sunnism teaches about shi'ites but the fact that the influence of Al-Azhar is rapidly declining, even minimal compared to the global influence on the minds of Sunnis possessed by the salafi institutions of Saudi Arabia.

Thats ok. We should tip our hat to the foresight of this individual even if its ineffective in the bigger picture of things simply for its adherence to the very essence of monotheism- haq.

Prejudices, preconceived notions are attached to just about every religion, sect, community or group of people all over the world. What defines an individual or a group is their ability to see past, above, and beyond such fabricated notions and stay close to haq. Because its real easy to act on those false notions and extracting closeness to our faith or religion...something some shias on this board are guilty of. So I hope everyone learns something from this Alim.

• Veteran Member

^True!

And individuals like him flip-flop in many occasions.... Yusuf Qaradhawi was one of them.... to the extend that the guy completely declared Shias as non-Muslims with a different version of Quran.

In modern times, we like it or not, Erdogan was the only & first political Sunni leader who some years ago visited Shia gatherings of Ashura, called for unity... 'from a position of power' someone who mattered in real world.

And for those who make too much of a big deal out of this... to be honest, this has nothing to do with Sunni-Shia unity. Here, or outside the forum, Shias are not the ones who need to be reminded of good Sunnis and their acceptance of Shias and Shiism. We have our great scholars who repeatedly called for unity, prohibited insulting Sunni saints, asked Shias to help & pray for their oppressed Sunni brothers from Palestine to elsewhere else.

Anytime we find a Sunni government, a Sunni political group, a Sunni armed movement who financially or politically start to support for example a Shia group like Hizb in Lebanon who focused and mainly fought Israel, or Ansrallah movement in Yemen whose focus was mainly fighting corrupt regime and demanding equality, then we may start to see equal approach from both communities... instead, I clearly remember that some Sunni scholars even publicly asked their followers not to even pray for Shias fighting Israel back in 2006, because Rafidhis are worse than Zionists according to their explanation.

I don't take my religion or religious certificate from the head of Al-Azhar or any other Sunni scholar to declare if I am a Muslim or not and then celebrate and say here we go, now I am Muslim... because X Sunni scholar agreed so.

And lastly, by saying no to Shia-Sunni cooperation in ME or places like in Palestine (financially or militarily) does not mean that ppl disagree on Shia-Sunni communities living in peace socially or dealing with each other daily. Because financial/political help is absolutely one sided and in return Shias get no help or sympathy even from those whom they helped.. instead they (Sunni movements & governments) even go and sit by their own 'common' enemy against Shias on sectarian basis.

When a church is bombed in Egypt, the entire Sunni governments, political movements, and what not condemn the act the next hour.. (even Hamas in Palestine), and accuse the terrorists of creating fitna, which is a very good move. But, when Shia mosques are bombed, civilians are massacred, as early as a few days ago in Saudi Arabia, you don't find even a few Sunni scholars or heads of governments to condemn or declare those committing the crimes as terrorists. That really matters if they start speaking up in such events. 1700 Shia civilians and military-students were massacred by ISIS in Iraq just in one day, and Maliki and the so called sectarian Shia-Iraqis were blamed for not listening to the demands of Sunni-Iraqis, even by this foolish Al-Azhar.

Edited by Noah-

I guess you are not old enough to feel embarrassed about your persistent failure at sarcasm and humor?

[ you guessed wrong :-)!]

The best reply you can give in every thread is " Allahu Aalim "

But putting your nose first in the matter and use your propaganda based knowledge and then throw everything on Allah is something awkward.

what you said is awkward ! Then who is knower of everything besides Allah ! [12] ! And show me where in every post i used Allahu Aalim. plz !

• Veteran Member

what you said is awkward ! Then who is knower of everything besides Allah ! [12] ! And show me where in every post i used Allahu Aalim. plz !

That was suggestion to use " Allahu Aalam " bcoz there is no use to write a propaganda based thought and then throw things on Allah.

That was suggestion to use " Allahu Aalam " bcoz there is no use to write a propaganda based thought and then throw things on Allah.

maazAllah akhi, how can somebody throw anything on Allah ! Ok, always you people used to be right being wrong !

Iam sry if i hurted anybody by posting Allahu Aalim.

• Veteran Member

maazAllah akhi, how can somebody throw anything on Allah ! Ok, always you people used to be right being wrong !

Iam sry if i hurted anybody by posting Allahu Aalim.

When there was requirement to go literal that time you are looking for Core meaning , and when core was required you are going on Literal meaning.

Really only Allah can help me and you, neither you want to understand nor i am able to express properly.

:lol:

When there was requirement to go literal that time you are looking for Core meaning , and when core was required you are going on Literal meaning.

(Really only Allah can help me and you, neither you want to understand nor i am able to express properly.)

:lol:

Allahu Aalim.

• Advanced Member

Even if we are not sure about this Fatwa, we have to work for unity. Because unity is the only key of success of Islamic society. unfortunately, nowadays religious separation causes many conflict between Islamic countries.

Even if some Sunni scholars are against unity, we have to bold and highlite this kind of Fatwa which promotes unity.

Unity is the key of salvation for Islamic countries and western countries know it. So they try to undermine it. We should care about extremists in both sides.

• Advanced Member

Even if we are not sure about this Fatwa, we have to work for unity. Because unity is the only key of success of Islamic society. unfortunately, nowadays religious separation causes many conflict between Islamic countries.

Even if some Sunni scholars are against unity, we have to bold and highlite this kind of Fatwa which promotes unity.

Unity is the key of salvation for Islamic countries and western countries know it. So they try to undermine it. We should care about extremists in both sides.

Look at the amount of innocent civilians being killed all over the world because they adhere to the wilayat of the Ahlul Bayt (as): Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia etc.

Shi'ites can't help that the government of Syria is ruled by Alawite's & are allied with Russia & Iran instead of Saudi Arabia. That's not the same as when militia groups forms within the grassroots with the explicit intent of killing shi'ites - there no such thing in Shi'ite communities, thanks be to God!

Henry Kissinger was asked by a journalist why the U.S. supports both sides in the war between Iraq & Iran during the Iran Contra scandal & he answered "It's in the interest of the USA that the Muslim world is divided".

There are British diplomatic documents from he WW1 period wherein the intentions are clearly stated that the British supports the Wahhabi tribe of Al-Saud because of their ruthlessness towards shi'ites & others because it's in their interest for the Muslim world to be divided.

If people still support such a power, then obviously the Muslim world is not ready nor worthy establishing a pragmatic unity that can make possible real development & material progress.

My hopes lie with Turkey though. I think that Erdogan has shown remarkable resistance up until recently to adopting the Saudi narrative & if these 2 could perhaps achieve some accord or economic zone etc - it might be able to change the course.

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

AL AZHAR — FATWA ON SHIAS 

Al-Azhar’s fatwa on Shias. 

Statements about Shias by the Chancellor of al-Azhar University, Dr. Ahmad al-Tayyib. In an interview to Egyptian Al Neel Channel, Dr. Ahmad al-Tayyib, the Chancellor of Al-Azhar University (Egypt) 

Q. In your opinion, isn’t there any problem in Shia Beliefs?. 

A. Never, 50 years ago Shaikh Mahmood Shaltoot, the then Chancellor of Al Azhar, had issued a fatwa that Shia School is the fifth Islamic School and as like as the other schools. 

Q. Our children are embracing Shia Islam, what should we do? 

A. Let them convert and to embrace Shia School. If someone leaves Maliki or Hanafi Sect, do we criticize him? These children are just leaving fourth school and join the fifth. 

Q. The Shias are becoming relatives with us and they are getting married with our children! 

A. What is wrong with this, marriage between religions is allowed. 

Q. It is said that the Shias have a different Quran! 

A. These are the myths and superstitions of the elderly women. Shia Quran has no any difference with ours, and even the script of their Quran is like our alphabet. 

Q. 23 clerics of a country (Saudi Arabia) issued a fatwa that the Shia are infidels, heretics (Kafirs)!! 

A. Al-Azhar is the only authority to issue fatwa for Muslims; therefore the above said fatwa is invalid and unreliable. 

Q. So what does the difference – being raised between the Shia and the Sunni – mean? 

A. These differences are the part of the policies of foreign powers who seek conflict between The Shia and the Sunni. 

Q. I have a very serious question that “the Shia do not accept Abu Bakr and Umar, how you can say they are Muslims?“ 

A. Yes, they do not accept them. But is the belief in Abu Bakr and Umar a part of the principles of Islam? The story of Abu Bakr and Umar is historic and history has nothing to do with fundamentals of the beliefs. 

Q. (The reporter surprised by the response, asks) Shia has a fundamental problem and that is “they say that their Imam the time is still alive after 1,000 years!“ 

A. He may be alive, why is it not possible? But there is no reason that we – as Sunni – should believe just like them. 

Q. (Referring to Imam Mohammad Taqi al-Jawad AS, (the 9th Imam of Shias) the reporter asked) The Shias believe that one of their Imams was just eight-year old when he became Imam; is it possible that an eight-year-old child be the Imam? 

A. If an infant in a cradle can be a prophet (Issa AS), then why an eight-year-old child can not be the Imam? It is not strange. Although we may not accept this belief as we are Sunni. However, this belief does not harm their Islam, and they are Muslims. 

Translated by F.H.Mahdavimy

I am sure above post will surprise those who are against unity of Shia and Sunni.

You should post this on a Sunni forum and see the responses you'll get.

There's really no sense in posting this in a Shia forum because Shia have for the most part favored and even acted for unity. Its the Sunni that don't want it.

You should post this on Ummah.com. I'm sure you'll have some acidic and hateful responses. Then you'll see who wants unity and who doesn't.

• Veteran Member

This is a very old fatwa. But knowing Sunnis they will only do what they want to do and ignore things not totally convenient. And then today orthodox Sunni are extinct any way. Replaced by pseudo-salafis/Wahabies. So you need a Al-Albani or Ibn Tiemeyah's fatawa or of their students' to actually have an intellectual debate with their kind. But even if I found a buried cache of such things by them I wouldn't bother trying to reason with them. Might as well try to reason with a blood crazed zombie or a snarling creature from hell that always lies.

Edited by Darth Vader

You should post this on a Sunni forum and see the responses you'll get.

There's really no sense in posting this in a Shia forum because Shia have for the most part favored and even acted for unity. Its the Sunni that don't want it.

You should post this on Ummah.com. I'm sure you'll have some acidic and hateful responses. Then you'll see who wants unity and who doesn't.

there is no point to post there because those forums are hijacked by wahabis from last 5-7 years, most true sunnis offten visits either shia or sufi forums for discussions.

Edited by Highflyer