Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
shiamehdi14

The Women Of The House

Rate this topic

Salaam to everyone.

I would love to hear the opinions especially from the women here about how they want their house to be run. My main question to the beautiful women is that do you want to hold a job? I know being a mother is a 24/7 job all on its own. But do you also want to contribute to your family financially. There is usually a cultural understanding in many households that the man is only to support the family financially.

I was thinking then why are there women attaining an higher education. I am sure not just to be a stay at home mom.

So once again the question to the women is would you like to financially provide for your family?

Educated mothers produce educated children.

I want to be able to care for my family in whatever way is needed including financially if necessary, but I also think it usually isn't necessary for two adults in a family to work outside the home. I'd rather my children are raised by me, not by a babysitter or day care center.

I like working, but a major reason why i work is because of finances - i have two sons and well, raising kids doesnt come cheap these days. Hence, to help out with money, i work on a freelance basis from home. not only do i get to make money, i get to give equal time to my kids too :) 

I like working, but a major reason why i work is because of finances - i have two sons and well, raising kids doesnt come cheap these days. Hence, to help out with money, i work on a freelance basis from home. not only do i get to make money, i get to give equal time to my kids too :)

I used to do that.  I wish I could figure out how to break into it again where I live now.

(salam)

Good question.

Why not allow women to be educated? Women have just as much of a right to become educated; not only in religion, but in worldly affairs as well. Let's look at it from a religious point-of-view, shall we?

Imam Zayn-ul-Abideen (as) said: "Were people aware of what lies in the obtainment of knowledge, they would pursue it even though they had to make voyages and endanger their lives to obtain it."

Imam al-Baqir (as) said: "Try to learn knowledge because learning it is a good action and study is itself a worship."

So, if obtaining knowledge is a form of worship; as many Muslim's are aware of, why shouldn't a female believer have that same opportunity? I agree with the (said) post above, if you have an illiterate (or uneducated) woman in the household, caring for her children, how would that effect the upbringing of that (said) child? Every person should adhere to bettering themselves, whether it be in the form of education, or becoming more productive member's of society. Women are; in fact, member's of society. Now, not every woman has the same opportunities, this is a reality; however, every one of them can (try) to do their best to rebuild themselves, and with time, this will help to rebuild our communities. How productive would a community be if it were only the men who were educated? That would be one sad-looking community. Picture it in your mind, you can also find places like this, today.

Edited by AhlulBayt_313

Thanks for the responses. Also the main idea is not about educating our women. It is more directed towards if the women should keep a job other than raising the children.

(Salam)

A little confused here...this is about women being able to work, yet you think education has nothing to do with working? What type of job were you thinking she could obtain with no education? How can she contribute financially?

Edited by AhlulBayt_313

You are absolutely correct in that a women needs to be educated to get a job. I was just trying to say the focus is on working and implying the AFTER EDUCATION. It is definitely crucial for the women to obtain an education but I was referring more to the after education job. Sorry.

(salam)

Edited by AhlulBayt_313