Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Lordofgemini

Wajd/wajad

Rate this topic

(Salam)

Can someone shed light on this topic. I recently visted a sufi mehfil with a sufi freind of mine.

People were experiencing wajd over there.

And there was a naat going on with the zikr of Allah hoo.

Can be called tawajjo to.

Edited by Lordofgemini

(wasalam)

Ecstasy is called Wajd by Sufis and Sunnis: it is especially cultivated among the Qadris & Chishtis. This bliss is the sign of so called "spiritual development " and also the "opening" for all inspirations and powers. Sufis say they reach pure state of eternal peace by Wajad. They usually enjoy Wajad while listening to music called Qawwali. 

In short, its nonsense & has nothing to do with islam. More like malpractices.

Edited by Invoker

Aah i can sense a neo-khawarji follower of ibn wahaab, lover of yazeed here ! What are malpractices we have to learn from the neo-khawarji 5% people who proclaims themselves ahl al'sunnah wal jamah, poor people with dollars being in power, swimming in petrol, but still cant show their love openly for yazeed ! Hiding behind our name, picked different names to hide themselves. Atleast old khawarij shiites are better who used to say themselves 'shia of Ali' but they are so shamefull to say themselves 'shia of yazeed' what a taqiyyaaah ! But indeed few sunni people from 80% have done lot of wrong things for money and posed themselves as spiritual pious people and duped many, and defamed majority ! Woe onto them they have given chance to others.

Edited by Al Hashmi

(Salam)

[wa'assalaam]

Can someone shed light on this topic. I recently visted a sufi mehfil with a sufi freind of mine.

People were experiencing wajd over there. [though i am not a visitor of such mehfils presently, but a longtime ago i used to visit ! Wajd is a thing in which a person forgets or losts his sense and his vision becomes fogy or cloudy, and one feels drowsy. If a person is in actual wajd he feels this, but there used to be persons who wants to try it, and there used to be actors too, depends on their intentions !]

And there was a naat going on with the zikr of Allah hoo. [Allah hu is a zikr mostly practised by naqshbandis without music, music is not allowed in this order. whereas in qadriya & chishtia its allowed with music. Naat and nasheeds without music used to be fine in my opion, and music should not be used in any sufi order !]

Can be called tawajjo to.

for tawajjo they used to make them busy, like naats nasheed or music etc so that mind should not divert somewhere. And there are many more secrets & stages there'in !

W/s.

^ok, hope you will know from other experienced members regarding wajd ! As for me what i practices is: i used to do zikr'Allahi ta'ala alone in a seperate room by dimming light without music, by imagining that i'am alone and its dark and i used to imagine oneday i will be left alone in my grave with my deeds, and i used to starts zikr ! And its an fact body sometimes becomes hot and sometimes chilled, and when it starts getting cold vision used to become fogy or cloudy and blackness turns into brightness. And if body becomes hot one has to handle his temper very hard it becomes uncontrolable ! And sometimes in brightness one can see some people reflects in vision towards you but you cant reach them, few times you forgets where you are and lands somewhere to holy islamic places etc; as if you are there, you losts yourself but when a person comes back in a moment back, it feels like he was dead and brought back to life ! Wallah these are my experieces which i have put forth, if you believe it or not its truth and Allah is witness between us.

JazakAllah.

One thing i would like to say is everything depends on intentions, and iam not a graveworshiper, as first thought comes in mind to some people ! And fard is a thing obligatory and sunnah is a great deed but after that comes nafl which is not compulsory but still if a slave performs it taking out time, thats the worship Allah loves most. Oh and ofcourse sweet dreams also in which pious people comes to you is also a favour from Allah. ALHAMDULILLAH !

Thanks.

Wajd is when one feels an extremely blissful state of soul which is beyond what any words can describe (I don't think it is a permanent state unless one has attained the station of a wali). It is when one "finds" (wajada) their the true being (wujud) of their beloved and (as a consequence) when one experiences ecstasy or love (wajd).

Wujud, wajd, and wajada are from the same roots because each implies the other.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Masalama

Bismillah.

Salaam.

At first, it is necessary to know that Islam is a school that guarantees prosperity and happiness of mankind in this world and in the Hereafter. The material and spiritual needs of those who adhere to Islamic doctrines are fulfilled.  It can easily be understood through the Qur'anic verses that God has called on His servants to relinquish worldly desires and pay attention to spirituality and the Hereafter [1] but He has also reminded them not to go to extremes by isolating themselves and giving up activities related to the material world. In fact, they should also benefit from worldly bounties and blessings and carry on their daily activities in accordance with religious standards and be not oblivious of God at the same time. [2]

Therefore, a real Muslim is one who is not whimsical and worldly-mind but he benefits from the worldly blessings and uses them as a means for the afterworld. Thus, he prays to God for his good both in this world as well as in the hereafter. [3]

However, there have always been people who go to extremes and who take only one aspect of the religion into consideration practicing it and neglecting the other aspects.

Some of them adhere only to the worldly aspects of the religion such as maintaining law and order, establishing government, agricultural activities, business, scientific advancements etc. They are negligent of the fact that all of these are only preludes for the perpetual life in the Hereafter, and more importantly, they are meant for seeking God's pleasure and that they are valueless by themselves.

Some others stick to the spiritual aspects of Islam abandoning the world and leaving any activities that are an integral part of a social life thus making themselves a burden on the others. It is interesting to know that some of these individuals use the apparent renunciation of the world as a means for saturating their carnal and worldly desires!

The lexical root of 'tasawwuf' is variously traced to sūf "wool", referring to the simple wool-made cloaks the early Muslim ascetics wore and who claimed to purify their inner self from filth and stay away from worldly attractions, thus engaging in so-called spiritual self-reconstruction. This Sufi way of thinking was further developed over the history by different sects that added more and more features and traits to it. Sufi teachings cannot be accepted thoroughly or rejected outright because their doctrines are a combination of correct religious behaviors and incorrect innovations originating in their tastes. Unfortunately, this incorrect combination has led some people who intend to practice the first part in accordance with the Qur'an and Sunnah (prophetic tradition) to be erroneously accused by some credulous and naive people of being dervish or Sufi.

[1] - Al-An'am: 32; Yonus: 24; Al-Ankabut: 64; Muhammad: 36; Al-Hadid: 20 and hundreds of other verses.

[2] - Al-A'raf: 32; Al-Baqarah: 168; and 172; Al-Maedah: 88; Al-An'am: 141; Al-Mulk:15 etc.

[3] -Al-Baqarah: 201,

"ربنا آتنا فی الدنیا حسنة و فی الآخرة حسنة و قنا عذاب النار".

"Our Lord! Give us good in this world and good in the hereafter and save us from the torment of the (Hell) fire."

With Duas.

Narsis.

Wajd is when one feels an extremely blissful state of soul which is beyond what any words can describe. (I don't think it is a permanent state unless one has attained the station of a wali).

It is when one "finds" (wajada) their the true being (wujud) of their beloved and (as a consequence) when one experiences ecstasy or love (wajd).

Wujud, wajd, and wajada are from the same roots because each implies the other.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Masalama

i agree, have you gone through such experiences ! Can you further explain the other stages personally you have experienced !

Shukran.

i agree, have you gone through such experiences ! Can you further explain the other stages personally you have experienced !

Shukran.

(salam)

Not that it "means" anything but I did once experience something like that.  It may happen, or it may not happen.  It doesn't really indicate a person's spiritual "level" in God's eyes.  

It happened spontaneously and was like a flash.  but its effect lasted for almost the rest the day.  It was a flash of Infinite Beauty which was manifested everywhere in everything.  Every single thing I saw was beautiful.  It happened as a response to a puzzling issue I was having, "why are some thinsg created more beautiful than other things?".  all of a sudden the answer came in the form of the aforementioned profound experience.  The experience told me that my responsibility is simply to worship God and the entire world with all of its glitters will appear as something insignificant (something which can so easily fit into the palm of my hand like as if it were something insignificant).  

Ma'salama

Ethereal      

(salam)

Not that it "means" anything but I did once experience something like that.  It may happen, or it may not happen.!!!  It doesn't really indicate a person's spiritual "level" in God's eyes.  

Ma'salama

thanks.

Salam,

Wajd is basically a trance-like state. Transcending ones self is one of the main pillars on the road to full enlightenment or fana. I suppose it's possible to put oneself in a trance by means of psychological 'manipulation' as this is what hypnotists do. It's also probable that many of those who claim they're in such a state is actually just playing a part because they feel it's expected of them or have learned that it's positive for self development.

Most people experiences a state of transcendence at least sometime during their lifetime. Some only right before death & others, due to their efforts & Allah's will, more frequently.

I don't know why they jump, shake, laugh & act so strangely in wajd in sufi orders prevalent especially in Pakistan & India?

A mevlevi sufi said that wajd was the whole purpose whirling.

I don't think there's a problem as long as it's within the bounds of the sharia. But for shi'ites, Imam Mahdi (atfs) is the 'pole' - which safeguards one from following faulty guidance, however well intentioned.

Edited by Shamati

Thanks for the replies

@narsis i would like to know what particular innovation are there? If you know about saifi silsila then can you be particular to it?

Yes my friend describes the same about wajad. Here they go to their 'pir-e-kamil-

And that person induces wajad into everyone of his followers on weekly basis i think. During that it is not possible for the person to control his body.