Sign in to follow this  
Hazyn

This Is Why We Are Doomed.

Rate this topic

Wish there was a way people couldn't see that data.  People tend to pick videos that are promoted heavily and already have high view counts, increasing it more.  So its a self fulfilling cycle.  Our videos, people have to actively search and dig for them, as they are hidden.  Just how it is. 

It's not as bad as it seems. People follow the stream, wherever it may flow. Change the stream & other kinds of videos will be at the top of the rating

"in very truth the greater part of the inhabitants of the world are like a flock of sheep, wherever one goes the others immediately follow" Shah Humayun, the Mughal

In the old days, videos were less than 10 minutes long. With new technology, videos can be much longer. Videos that are 45 to 90 minutes long usually have less views, unless they are popular movies. People will watch short videos when their friends tell them that they need to watch it. I wonder if watching a video and closing it before it stops is counted as a view or not? I can't tell you how many long videos I have watched and after about 15 minutes I need to pause it, because I have to do something else. Sometimes I copy the link so I can watch it later, then I click the X in the corner to close that window.

In the old days, videos were less than 10 minutes long. With new technology, videos can be much longer. Videos that are 45 to 90 minutes long usually have less views, unless they are popular movies. People will watch short videos when their friends tell them that they need to watch it. I wonder if watching a video and closing it before it stops is counted as a view or not? I can't tell you how many long videos I have watched and after about 15 minutes I need to pause it, because I have to do something else. Sometimes I copy the link so I can watch it later, then I click the X in the corner to close that window.

Yes just clicking the vid is counted as a view. If you've uploaded a video you can see in your stats how much of the video each person watched before they closed it.