In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

"The Imam (a.s.) said, "Mushaf of Fatima is three times bigger than your Quran. There is not even a single letter therein from your Quran."

I have gone through Internet but could not get details so anyone here could guide what those letters are?

If the Mushaf which according to Usool e Kafi was brought by Jibril (as) to Bibi Fatimah (as) was in Arabic than what letters are missing in our Quran? Even we take Persian or Urdu letters then we are left with پ, ٹ, چ, ڑ, ژ, ڈ!

"The Imam (a.s.) said, "Mushaf of Fatima is three times bigger than your Quran. There is not even a single letter therein from your Quran."

I have gone through Internet but could not get details so anyone here could guide what those letters are?

If the Mushaf which according to Usool e Kafi was brought by Jibril (as) to Bibi Fatimah (as) was in Arabic than what letters are missing in our Quran? Even we take Persian or Urdu letters then we are left with پ, ٹ, چ, ڑ, ژ, ڈ!

There's a hadith of our imam (as) which says that only two letters of knowledge have been revealed so far (from Adam (as) to now) when imam hujjat (atfs) comes the remaining 25 letters of knowledge will be revealed.

According to the hadiths of our imams (as) imam hujjat (atfs) will come with the White jafr (items of knowledge) as well as the red jafr (items of war) which has been passed down from the imams (as) and which is now in possession of imam hujjat (atfs). The mushaf will be under the White jafr which is tens of knowledge according to hadiths of our imams (as).

• Advanced Member

There's a hadith of our imam (as) which says that only two letters of knowledge have been revealed so far (from Adam (as) to now) when imam hujjat (atfs) comes the remaining 25 letters of knowledge will be revealed.

According to the hadiths of our imams (as) imam hujjat (atfs) will come with the White jafr (items of knowledge) as well as the red jafr (items of war) which has been passed down from the imams (as) and which is now in possession of imam hujjat (atfs). The mushaf will be under the White jafr which is tens of knowledge according to hadiths of our imams (as).

Thank you for giving me another view: that these are not alphabetical letters but perhaps knowledge. I think that we need to break the information first to make it more clear...

1. Total knowledge = 27 letters (to be ever revealed to mankind).

2. So far 2 letters (7.4% knowledge) have been revealed and 25 letters (92.6% knowledge) be revealed by Imam Mehdi (as)

So If Mushaf e Fatima is 3 times bigger than the Quran, having altogether different letters/knowledge... how many letters are there in The Holy Quran?

by above calculations... none! In which case the words of earlier quoted narration don't fit... unless there is another explanation of the word letters.

• Advanced Member

Salamun alaykum

The hadith you mentioned is:

ثُمَّ قَالَ وَ إِنَّ عِنْدَنَا لَمُصْحَفَ فَاطِمَةَ ع وَ مَا يُدْرِيهِمْ مَا مُصْحَفُ‏ فَاطِمَةَ ع قَالَ قُلْتُ وَ مَا مُصْحَفُ‏ فَاطِمَةَ ع قَالَ مُصْحَفٌ فِيهِ مِثْلُ قُرْآنِكُمْ هَذَا ثَلَاثَ مَرَّاتٍ وَ اللَّهِ مَا فِيهِ مِنْ قُرْآنِكُمْ حَرْفٌ وَاحِدٌ

[… then Imam Sadiq said that we have the Mushaf of Fatima (the book of Fatima) and who informs them what is Mushaf of Fatima. The Abu Basir asks “what is Mushaf of Fatima?”. Then Imam Sadiq answered “the Mushaf is like the holy Quran but three times larger and there is no single letter form Quran in that”…]

As the hadith express, it obviously does not mean the alphabet letters, since we know that the Mushaf of Fatima is revealed to Lady Fatima and written by Imam Ali (in Arabic):

قُلْتُ وَ مَا مُصْحَفُ فَاطِمَةَ قَالَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ تَعَالَى لَمَّا قَبَضَ نَبِيَّهُ ص دَخَلَ عَلَى فَاطِمَةَ ع مِنْ وَفَاتِهِ مِنَ الْحُزْنِ مَا لَا يَعْلَمُهُ إِلَّا اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ فَأَرْسَلَ اللَّهُ إِلَيْهَا مَلَكاً يُسَلِّي غَمَّهَا وَ يُحَدِّثُهَا فَشَكَتْ ذَلِكَ‏ إِلَى أَمِيرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ع فَقَالَ إِذَا أَحْسَسْتِ بِذَلِكِ وَ سَمِعْتِ الصَّوْتَ قُولِي لِي فَأَعْلَمَتْهُ بِذَلِكَ فَجَعَلَ أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ع يَكْتُبُ كُلَّ مَا سَمِعَ حَتَّى أَثْبَتَ مِنْ ذَلِكَ مُصْحَفاً

[Hammad ibn Uthman said that I asked Imam Sadiq “what is the Mushaf of Fatima?”. He responded “when Allah received the prophet’s soul, entered a deep sorrow (into Lady Fatima’s heart) at the prophet’s death, therefore Allah sent an angle toward her alleviating her sadness, talking to her. She, then, informed the commander of the faithful (Ali) about that. Ali told her to notify him whenever she heard the voice, so she let him know that and he was writing all he heard till it ends up as a book.”]

Back to the main question, what does it mean that there is “no single letter” of Quran in the Mushaf? Here it means that there is no “verse” of Quran in the Mushaf. In fact Imam Sadiq emphasized the difference between Mushaf and the Holy Quran and the hadith does not convey that Mushaf possesses some unknown alphabets.

Some narrations, also, maintain that “letter” equals the word “meaning”. So Imam Sadiq said that Quranic meanings and teachings are not mentioned in this book, for it is different from Quran:

وَ عِنْدَنَا وَ اللَّهِ مُصْحَفُ‏ فَاطِمَةَ مَا فِيهِ آيَةٌ مِنْ كِتَابِ اللَّهِ

“And we (Ahlulbayt) have the Mushaf of Fatima that there is no verse of (Quran) the book of God.”

عِنْدِي مُصْحَفُ‏ فَاطِمَةَ لَيْسَ فِيهِ شَيْ‏ءٌ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ.

“I (Imam) have the Mushaf of Fatima that there is nothing of the Quran in that.”

Since the phrase is repeated in many narrations, I prefer to rewrite that Ahlulbayt put such emphasis on not containing any verses in the Mushaf to definitely distinguish between the Quran and the Mushaf.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235026759-what-letters-of-knowledge-means/

another amazing link ... the contents say that Prophet (saw) could only convey 2 letters to mankind and jinn while imam medhi (as) would covey 25 more letters. Also says that Fatima (as) was given knowledge of something special which was not given to even Peophet (saw).... and it goes on and on...

Edited by Bukhari8k

• Advanced Member

If the Mushaf which according to Usool e Kafi was brought by Jibril (as) to Bibi Fatimah (as) was in Arabic than what letters are missing in our Quran? Even we take Persian or Urdu letters then we are left with

پ, ٹ, چ,

ڑ, ژ, ڈ!

Oh brother! That's just a figure of speech. Like this:

I don't use a word from your speech in my writing!

Does it mean I don't use "is" because it was in your speech?

No! It means I don't use the concepts that you presented and will use new ones.

The same goes here: the concept in Mushaf Fatimah are completely new and clearly distinguished from those presented by Quran!

Simple as that! :)

• Advanced Member

You guys are taking things out of context then filling the gaps you created with mystical nonsense.

That's what we know about mushaf Fatimah or her book. We don't know what it contains, what type of science or knowledge was in it, but we know that it is not a Quran , it contained not a single verse to be exact.

Dear brother Chaotic Moslem...

when you say "WE", do you mean there is a whole bunch? Let me copy a few things which i fear you might call mystical nonsense:

Mushaf’s Contents

It absorbs all upcoming serious events, especially the calamities and afflictions her progeny would face as well as the victories. It contains names of all kings and rulers till Judgment Day, according to this tradition which is recorded on p. 32, Vol. 47, of Bihar al-Anwar: “There is no prophet or wasi or king except that he is mentioned in Fatima’s mushaf.” It also contains matters relevant to the person of the Messenger of Allah (ص) as well as her own will (ع).

Ibn Hisham quotes Yahya ibn Abu Omran quoting other sources citing Abu Abdullah (Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq [ع]) saying that it contains the will of Fatima (ع) as stated on p. 43, Vol. 26, of Bihar al-Anwar. Naturally, the said will contains personal matters relevant to her grief and the predicaments she had to go through which her enemies caused so her descendant, the 12th Imam, the Awaited Mahdi, may Allah Almighty hasten his sacred ease, would carry it. 

Edited by Bukhari8k