Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Achieving An Emotional Relationship W/ Allah Swt

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

(salam)

When I was in college, religion was never said to be "foolish" but 1] superstition and 2] a special case of political ideology.

This later point guided the Bush 43 Administration until it became patently obvious that this was not true.

As a general remark on academics: many are like Karl Marx himself --they sit around in libraries and dream this stuff up.

I'd guess you can call them "procedural Marxists".

• Veteran Member

(wasalam)  ,

i think the more expert members can help better ,anyway here is what i guess.

I don't think there is anything better than Dua and supplication to reach emotional relationship with Allah . Alhamdulilah in Shia ,our Imams have taught us how to gain this goal .you can find some of them in books Mafatih-al-Janan and Sahifeh Sajadiyeh .

You do not need to recite all of each Dua .and since it can have negative effects , just try a Dua as much as it pleases you .you can find many Duas here:

http://www.duas.org/

http://www.duas.org/sajjadiya/sajjadiya.htm

beside that Mostahab Prayers ( i guess you know alongside obligatory Prayers ,there are some others which are optional ) , specially night Prayer can be helpful tool to reach this goal .the rulings regarding Mostahab Prayers is so flexible that even there is no need to be performed toward Qiblah (Mecca).even in Night Prayer ,which has 11 Raka'ats , you can perform just 1 or 2 Rak'ats out of 11 .so like Dua ,try not to be bored by performing Mostahab Prayers which as i mentioned it can have negative results .

Remember us in your prayers .

Edited by kamyar

• Moderators

Salam, 

This happens gradually as you observe the wajib(like the ones you stated above) and avoid haram. 

Also, there are certain actions which are like an 'express train' which make this relationship establish faster. 

If you would like to know what some of those actions are, I can post, if requested. 

• Basic Members
                                                                                       (bismillah)
(salam)

Salaam Alaikum my brothers and sisters! My topic is a particularly pertinent one, and one that is not about laws, jurisdictions, etc. I am a fairly recent convert (about a year now), and I came from atheism to Islam, an adventure that took a while and filled with reflection, and sometimes doubt.  In college I was taught that religion was inherently "foolish," an idea that feeble-minded individuals hold unto; I was continuously bombarded with the message that religion was innately against human nature, and that God was supposedly "non-existent." So my story comes from doubt to faith and to the beautiful religion of Islam (hamdullilah).  My path to Islam was not motivated by an external event, nothing particularly drastic happened in my life, rather my journey was a constant one of reflection and studying, a search for a religion that was the most logical, the most sound, and the most rewarding to the spirit and mind.  Therefore, I consider myself a "rational" and usually a rather "logical" thinker; however, this is also a problem.  My question today is a little more abstract and reflective than my other posts, and concerns how to achieve a more emotional relationship with Allah s.w.t.  Because of my rationality, I struggle to express my emotions to an extent that I truly wish.  I admire my husband who cries over Hussein (a.s.) and possesses a very close, spiritual relationship with Allah s.w.t. He has helped me a tremendous amount and has been there through my doubts, and has read the Qur'an to me on nights where I am my lowest.  Hamduillah, he is a great spiritual partner.

However, today I hope to have people both share their experiences and how they achieve a more emotional outlook with Islam.  I would very much appreciate suggestions, passages that move you, stories that are powerful, and any other suggestions how to achieve this.

​I follow the religion to the best I can, I make it an effort to pray on time, observe fasting, wear and embody hijab, and act accordingly.  I always have fear when my prayers are not on time or when I am in class during the prayer time.  While I believe this fear is incredibly important, I would like to have a stronger emotional relationship with Allah s.w.t.

I welcome all suggestions, and sorry if this is a rant.

Salaam.

Let me try to help you. Read this:

A major problem with this world is that no matter which words you use you can't express your true feelings to a person. The other person can hear and see you and then that person's brain processes and tries to understand or judge how you might be feeling. But, you can't transfer an exact copy of your emotions and feelings to that person. In the entire universe, not a single being understands you. When you are in pain, not a single being in the entire universe feels that pain. Others might feel sad. I'm not saying people are bad it's about the fact that they don't exactly feel how you feel. But, Allah does! Allah is closer to you than your jugular vein and He loves you more than a mother.

If He doesn't love us then why did/does He:
1.) Create such a beautiful universe? 
2.) Provide us sustenance (rizq) despite of us being so sinful?
3.) Ignore most of our sins and give us the time to repent?
4.) Not immediately punish us?
5.) Not ask for any payment despite of Him doing so much? (i.e. runing the entire universe's system)
6.) Create Paradise, an everlasting place of joy without any disease, problem or even the slightest discomfort?
7.) Order us to not lose hope even if our sins were to reach the clouds?
8.) Grant us such lovely gifts like children, fathers, mothers, siblings and spouses whom we can talk to, share our feelings with and find tranquility?

Try to comprehend a bit. Look at the beautiful stars, the beautiful rising & setting sun, so many beautiful aromatic plants and amazing birds and animals. Nature is so beautiful that you just wanna say "Nature is amazing!" and "WOW! Look at that rainbow!". Why did Allah made these things to look beautiful? He could have made them to look ugly?

Answer: Because Allah loves you! And so that you look at them, be amazed and say "Subhan Allah!" (Glory be to Allah!) and thus commit a good deed that would bring you closer to an even more beautiful destination, Paradise!

Do we even appreciate Allah when He is making our hearts beat all the time even when we are asleep or when we are sinning? Does Allah ask for the payment of it? How many times have we breathed since we were born? Does Allah ask for any payment? Even if you don't thank Allah for these things, he still loves you and stays ready to forgive you if you truly seek His forgiveness and keeps providing you sustenance (rizq). Try reading Surah Ar-Rahmaan.

When you are alone, let all those tears burst out. Allah knows your feelings and your heart inside and out. Why is "Al-Waduuduu" (The Loving One) among Allah's 99 names that describe His attributes?

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 2339        Narrated by Abu Sa'id
Allah's Messenger (saws) said that the Shaitaan said, "By Thy Might, my Lord, I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies!"  The Lord, Who is Great and Glorious, replied, "By My Might, Glory and Exalted Station, I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask My forgiveness!"

Hadith Qudsi: Allah, the Almighty, has said:
O Son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O Son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O Son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins as great as the earth, and were you then to face Me ascribing no partners to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it.

^ How can someone say these things without love? How?

No matter how troubled you are, call out for Allah and be assured that He listened to you more carefully than anyone else in the universe and He knows exactly how you feel. In your every heart beat, in your every breath, in every morsel you eat, in every things you see with your eyes, every sound you hear and everything, there lies the love of Allah! Allah makes your heart beat. Allah grants you the power to breathe, eat, look and why would someone do this much for someone if he doesn't love that person? Share all your emotions with Allah!

Your well-wisher in Islaam, Shees.

• Advanced Member

Knowing that God the Almighty creator of this complex world not only cares about me but loves me to an exend I'll never understand,makes me very very emotional and actually overwhelms all other feelings I know.