Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mohammadi_follower

Umar Burnt Fatima's House According To Bukhari ?

Rate this topic

Some shia website say we could find that on Bukhari , i would like to see that.

As for the burning and kicking of the door that is only in historical sunni books but what is in Bukhari is that Abu Bakr made Fatima angry which ultimately makes Rasul Allah angry.

Prophet Muhammad said :

“Fatima is a part of me, and whoever makes her angry, makes me angry.”

(Sahih Bukhari: Volume 5, Book 57, Number 111)

Narrated 'Aisha: (mother of the believers)

After the death of Allah 's Apostle Fatima the daughter of Allah's Apostle asked Abu Bakr As-Siddiq to give her, her share of inheritance from what Allah's Apostle had left of the Fai (i.e. booty gained without fighting) which Allah had given him. Abu Bakr said to her, "Allah's Apostle said, 'Our property will not be inherited, whatever we (i.e. prophets) leave is Sadaqa (to be used for charity)." Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Apostle got angry and stopped speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she died. Fatima remained alive for six months after the death of Allah's Apostle.

She used to ask Abu Bakr for her share from the property of Allah's Apostle which he left at Khaibar, and Fadak, and his property at Medina (devoted for charity). Abu Bakr refused to give her that property and said, "I will not leave anything Allah's Apostle used to do, because I am afraid that if I left something from the Prophet's tradition, then I would go astray." (Later on) Umar gave the Prophet's property (of Sadaqa) at Medina to 'Ali and 'Abbas, but he withheld the properties of Khaibar and Fadak in his custody and said, "These two properties are the Sadaqa which Allah's Apostle used to use for his expenditures and urgent needs. Now their management is to be entrusted to the ruler." (Az-Zuhrl said, "They have been managed in this way till today.")

(Volume 4, Book 53, Number 325)

As For the historical references they can be found in an early topic:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235027487-thinking-to-be-shia/

Its there InshaAllah i will post when i get time ! And i hope its not in latest sahih al sahih bukhari version, launched sometime back in riyad ksa da'ar al maktaba. Maybe due to some reasons Allah knows best.

So it's not in Bukhari ? Ok.

No, it is not ! Bukhary quoted may things against and contrary to the beliefs of Sunnies themselves however he tried hard to censor, but fortunately or unfortunately he missed to quote this one !

instead of trying to find this incident in bukhari and Muslim, why not try to find in Shia books first ??? can anyone tell me in which book this incident was narrated the first time ??? 

As for the burning and kicking of the door that is only in historical sunni books but what is in Bukhari is that Abu Bakr made Fatima angry which ultimately makes Rasul Allah angry.

Prophet Muhammad said :

“Fatima is a part of me, and whoever makes her angry, makes me angry.”

(Sahih Bukhari: Volume 5, Book 57, Number 111)

Narrated 'Aisha: (mother of the believers)

After the death of Allah 's Apostle Fatima the daughter of Allah's Apostle asked Abu Bakr As-Siddiq to give her, her share of inheritance from what Allah's Apostle had left of the Fai (i.e. booty gained without fighting) which Allah had given him. Abu Bakr said to her, "Allah's Apostle said, 'Our property will not be inherited, whatever we (i.e. prophets) leave is Sadaqa (to be used for charity)." Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Apostle got angry and stopped speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she died. Fatima remained alive for six months after the death of Allah's Apostle.

She used to ask Abu Bakr for her share from the property of Allah's Apostle which he left at Khaibar, and Fadak, and his property at Medina (devoted for charity). Abu Bakr refused to give her that property and said, "I will not leave anything Allah's Apostle used to do, because I am afraid that if I left something from the Prophet's tradition, then I would go astray." (Later on) Umar gave the Prophet's property (of Sadaqa) at Medina to 'Ali and 'Abbas, but he withheld the properties of Khaibar and Fadak in his custody and said, "These two properties are the Sadaqa which Allah's Apostle used to use for his expenditures and urgent needs. Now their management is to be entrusted to the ruler." (Az-Zuhrl said, "They have been managed in this way till today.")

(Volume 4, Book 53, Number 325)

As For the historical references they can be found in an early topic:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235027487-thinking-to-be-shia/

Brother, you have forgotten a very important part of this!

[33:57] Those who annoy Allah and His Messenger - Allah has cursed them in this World and in the Hereafter, and has prepared for them a humiliating Punishment.

Brother, you have forgotten a very important part of this!

[33:57] Those who annoy Allah and His Messenger - Allah has cursed them in this World and in the Hereafter, and has prepared for them a humiliating Punishment.

(Salam)

JazakAllah Khair I forget to add that part

instead of trying to find this incident in bukhari and Muslim, why not try to find in Shia books first ??? can anyone tell me in which book this incident was narrated the first time ???

(Salam)

It is narrated in many shia books I will mention a few

1) Ibn Qawlawayh narrated in his book ‘Kamilul Ziyarat’ in a reliable hadith from Hammad Bin ‘Uthman from Imam Al-Sadiq (a.s.): On the night of the Prophet’s ascension, it was said to him (the Prophet): “Allah will test you in three things” and he started counting them… then he said “as for your daughter, she will be oppressed and deprived (of her right) and her right (to Fadak) that you will give to her will be seized from her and she will be hit while she is pregnant, and her house (and privacy of her family) will be entered without permission, then weakness and humiliation will be inflicted upon her and she will not be able to prevent it, and she will miscarry her baby from all the hits she will suffer, and she will die as a result of those hits … and the murder of Muhassan bin Ali will be the first crime that the killer (Umar) will be accountable, and then Qunfuth, so they will both attend (the judgement).” (Kamilul Ziyarat 232)

2) Yunus bin Ya’qub has narrated from Imam Al-Sadiq (a.s.) that the Imam said: O Yunus! My grandfather the Messenger of Allah said “Cursed is the one who will oppress my daughter Fatima after I die, and seize her right and kill her!” (Kanzul Fawa-id 1:149)

3) Al-Kulayni has narrated from Abi Basir from Imam Al-Sadiq (a.s.) who said: Amir Al-mumineen (i.e. Imam Ali) said: “Your miscarried babies whom you do not name before they die, will meet you on the Day of Judgement, and the baby will ask it’s father “Did you not give me a name?” Verily the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.s.) named Muhassan before he was to be born.” (Al-Kafi 6:18)

4) Muhammad bin Harun Al-Talakbari has narrated in a reliable narration from Abi Basir from Imam Al-Sadiq (a.s.) who said: Fatima was born on the twentieth day of Jamadil-akhira, forty-five years after the birth of the Prophet. And the cause of her death was that Qunfuth, the slave of the man (i.e. Abu Bakr), by the command of his master (Abu Bakr), hit her with his sword, from which she miscarried Muhassan, and she became severely ill from this event. And she did not allow anyone of those whom harmed her to enter her house. There were two of the companions of the Prophet (i.e. Umar and Abu Bakr) who asked Amir Al-mumineen (Imam Ali) to intercede on their behalf (and ask Fatima to allow them to enter). He (Imam Ali) asked her and she permitted (for them to enter). When they entered, they remarked “How are you O daughter of the Messenger of Allah?” She replied “I am well, praise to Allah”. Then she told them both, “Have you not heard the Prophet say “Fatima is a part of me, whosoever hurts her has in fact hurt me, and whoever hurts me has in fact hurt Allah”?” They both affirmed that. She said “I swear by Allah that you have both hurt me.” So they both left the house and she was displeased with them. (Dala-il Al-Imamah 45)

5) Sayyed Bin Tawoos has narrated in his book Al-Turaf on the authority of Imam Al-Kathim (a.s.) who said: When the Messenger of Allah was in the last stages of his life, he summoned people of the Ansar and told them “Verily Fatima’s door is my door and her house is my house, whosoever violates it has in fact violated the sanctity of Allah.” The Imam cried for a while and could not continue his words, then he said: “I swear by Allah, the sanctity of Allah has been violated! I swear by Allah, the sanctity of Allah has been violated! I swear by Allah, the sanctity of Allah has been violated! O my mother, blessings of Allah upon her!” (Bihar Al-Anwar 22:476).

As for it being in Bukhari and Muslim I already said that i have never came across it and another member said it wasn't there so if one members say its then you don't have to attribute to everyone as being a liar

Edited by Mohammed72

Salam , I often see on shia website that this story is in Bukhari but sunni say it is not.

Could anyone screen a Bukhari book with this story for me ?

Thanks.

As a matter of fact, this narration is NOT found in ENTIRE SIHAH SITTAH...

It is perhaps in dar-qutni or darimi narrated by a unreliable narrator.

Logic asks that after this incident why did not Ali (ra) punish Omar (ra)... was Sher-e-Khuda a coward who could not protect her wife? naozubillah (although i read a shia narration where Bibi Fatima (ra) called Ali (ra) a coward!! but i definitely can never think of such absurdity). infact all classical shia books confirm that Ali (ra) gave his daughter Umme Kulthum's (ra) hand to Omar (ra). 

As a matter of fact, this narration is NOT found in ENTIRE SIHAH SITTAH...

It is perhaps in dar-qutni or darimi narrated by a unreliable narrator.

Logic asks that after this incident why did not Ali (ra) punish Omar (ra)... was Sher-e-Khuda a coward who could not protect her wife? naozubillah (although i read a shia narration where Bibi Fatima (ra) called Ali (ra) a coward!! but i definitely can never think of such absurdity). infact all classical shia books confirm that Ali (ra) gave his daughter Umme Kulthum's (ra) hand to Omar (ra).

As for the marriage that you say happened between Umm Khalthoom and Umar it has already been disproved by using only sunni sources:

http://www.al-shia.org/html/eng/books/encyclopedia/chapter5a/9.html

As for sunnis always calling Imam Ali(A) a coward I have already answered it in an earlier post:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235027487-thinking-to-be-shia/page-2#entry2789561

(salam)

JazakAllah Khair I forget to add that part

(salam)

It is narrated in many shia books I will mention a few

1) Ibn Qawlawayh narrated in his book ‘Kamilul Ziyarat’ in a reliable hadith from Hammad Bin ‘Uthman from Imam Al-Sadiq (a.s.): On the night of the Prophet’s ascension, it was said to him (the Prophet): “Allah will test you in three things” and he started counting them… then he said “as for your daughter, she will be oppressed and deprived (of her right) and her right (to Fadak) that you will give to her will be seized from her and she will be hit while she is pregnant, and her house (and privacy of her family) will be entered without permission, then weakness and humiliation will be inflicted upon her and she will not be able to prevent it, and she will miscarry her baby from all the hits she will suffer, and she will die as a result of those hits … and the murder of Muhassan bin Ali will be the first crime that the killer (Umar) will be accountable, and then Qunfuth, so they will both attend (the judgement).” (Kamilul Ziyarat 232)

2) Yunus bin Ya’qub has narrated from Imam Al-Sadiq (a.s.) that the Imam said: O Yunus! My grandfather the Messenger of Allah said “Cursed is the one who will oppress my daughter Fatima after I die, and seize her right and kill her!” (Kanzul Fawa-id 1:149)

3) Al-Kulayni has narrated from Abi Basir from Imam Al-Sadiq (a.s.) who said: Amir Al-mumineen (i.e. Imam Ali) said: “Your miscarried babies whom you do not name before they die, will meet you on the Day of Judgement, and the baby will ask it’s father “Did you not give me a name?” Verily the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.s.) named Muhassan before he was to be born.” (Al-Kafi 6:18)

4) Muhammad bin Harun Al-Talakbari has narrated in a reliable narration from Abi Basir from Imam Al-Sadiq (a.s.) who said: Fatima was born on the twentieth day of Jamadil-akhira, forty-five years after the birth of the Prophet. And the cause of her death was that Qunfuth, the slave of the man (i.e. Abu Bakr), by the command of his master (Abu Bakr), hit her with his sword, from which she miscarried Muhassan, and she became severely ill from this event. And she did not allow anyone of those whom harmed her to enter her house. There were two of the companions of the Prophet (i.e. Umar and Abu Bakr) who asked Amir Al-mumineen (Imam Ali) to intercede on their behalf (and ask Fatima to allow them to enter). He (Imam Ali) asked her and she permitted (for them to enter). When they entered, they remarked “How are you O daughter of the Messenger of Allah?” She replied “I am well, praise to Allah”. Then she told them both, “Have you not heard the Prophet say “Fatima is a part of me, whosoever hurts her has in fact hurt me, and whoever hurts me has in fact hurt Allah”?” They both affirmed that. She said “I swear by Allah that you have both hurt me.” So they both left the house and she was displeased with them. (Dala-il Al-Imamah 45)

5) Sayyed Bin Tawoos has narrated in his book Al-Turaf on the authority of Imam Al-Kathim (a.s.) who said: When the Messenger of Allah was in the last stages of his life, he summoned people of the Ansar and told them “Verily Fatima’s door is my door and her house is my house, whosoever violates it has in fact violated the sanctity of Allah.” The Imam cried for a while and could not continue his words, then he said: “I swear by Allah, the sanctity of Allah has been violated! I swear by Allah, the sanctity of Allah has been violated! I swear by Allah, the sanctity of Allah has been violated! O my mother, blessings of Allah upon her!” (Bihar Al-Anwar 22:476).

As for it being in Bukhari and Muslim I already said that i have never came across it and another member said it wasn't there so if one members say its then you don't have to attribute to everyone as being a liar

so just because everyone starts telling a lie, it becomes true by default ??? all the five references you showed above in your posts are from books written in 8th-9th century (one in the 18th century) which copied this incident from the book of Sulaym bin Qays al Hilali because he or ibn Abban was the first to mention it in their book so it doesn`t matter how many latter references you show because they are simply taken from people narrated it from Sulaym bin Qays book.

it all starts from the book of Sulaym bin Qays al hilali about which nobody is even sure if he himself wrote it or not and it is believed that Abban ibn abi Ayyash had fabricated his work and credited it to Sulaym. everyone including shia scholars say Abban had a weak memory and his narrations cannot be trusted. many of his contemporaries even said that he was a liar. you should know this better than me because you take your beliefs from these books.

i don`t know what you were saying at the end of your post because i didn`t called anyone a liar, perhaps it was not directed on me.

so just because everyone starts telling a lie, it becomes true by default ??? all the five references you showed above in your posts are from books written in 8th-9th century (one in the 18th century) which copied this incident from the book of Sulaym bin Qays al Hilali because he or ibn Abban was the first to mention it in their book so it doesn`t matter how many latter references you show because they are simply taken from people narrated it from Sulaym bin Qays book.

it all starts from the book of Sulaym bin Qays al hilali about which nobody is even sure if he himself wrote it or not and it is believed that Abban ibn abi Ayyash had fabricated his work and credited it to Sulaym. everyone including shia scholars say Abban had a weak memory and his narrations cannot be trusted. many of his contemporaries even said that he was a liar. you should know this better than me because you take your beliefs from these books.

i don`t know what you were saying at the end of your post because i didn`t called anyone a liar, perhaps it was not directed on me.

Please then go ahead and tell how Fatima (A) died so young . I was once told by a sunni she cried so much that she became weak and died. I would to know how do sunnis think she died so young?

People died young all the time back in those days ...esp women and children

(Salam)

Yes they would die young from disease, starvation and murder(like the time of jahiliya)

Fatima did not have a disease, wasn't facing death from starvation. Thanks brother you helped me concluded that Fatima ( A) was murdered.

(salam)

Yes they would die young from disease, starvation and murder(like the time of jahiliya)

Fatima did not have a disease, wasn't facing death from starvation. Thanks brother you helped me concluded that Fatima ( A) was murdered.

you came to this conclusion based on what ??? on your speculations ??? you have no firm evidence to support this yet you want to accuse someone of murderer, you will be held accountable for this if your allegations are not true, where they are, false fabricated lies from a book authored by  Abban ibn abi Ayyash.

(salam)

you are accusing someone of murder based on your speculations, what are you going to say in front Allah subhana watala when he asks you about this ??? what proof do you have that she (May Allah be well pleased with her) was murdered other than that fabricated work of Abban ibn abi Ayyash the liar ??? 

you are accusing someone of murder based on your speculations, what are you going to say in front Allah subhana watala when he asks you about this ??? what proof do you have that she (May Allah be well pleased with her) was murdered other than that fabricated work of Abban ibn abi Ayyash the liar ???

Many sunnis report this such as tabari. So you accusing tabari of lying.

Please I have answered this question a millon times just from now on use this website

http://www.askthesheikh.com/can-you-provide-reliable-shiasunni-sources-on-martyrdom-of-lady-fatima-al-zahra-a-s/

Many sunnis report this such as tabari. So you accusing tabari of lying.

Please I have answered this question a millon times just from now on use this website

http://www.askthesheikh.com/can-you-provide-reliable-shiasunni-sources-on-martyrdom-of-lady-fatima-al-zahra-a-s/

so just because tabari was a Sunni he cannot make any mistake in his history book ??? and just because someone degrees with you on something does it mean he/she is calling you a liar ??? what kind of reasoning is this brother ?

scholars have disagreed with each other since the start, it`s not something uncommon as i can show you many of the Shiite Scholars disagreeing with each other on various religious issues. i hope i won`t be asked to show examples as there are plenty of those on every corner.

your arguments is weak from the start because history books are not Hadith books, they don`t have a strong chain of narratiors for most of the things mentioned in them. so just because Tabari or anyone in the world writes something that happened hundreds of years before they lived, doesn`t makes it true by default just because they wrote it in their books. 

i again ask you to do some research and try to find this incident in the early shia books, i`m telling you brother you won`t find it anywhere else before it was fabricated in the Book of Sulaym bin Qays al Hilali  by the liar Abban ibn abi Ayyash. 

and just to get you started here`s a Shia scholar explaining the real reason why Umar Al Farooq (RA) is hated so much in Iran.

As for the marriage that you say happened between Umm Khalthoom and Umar it has already been disproved by using only sunni sources:

http://www.al-shia.org/html/eng/books/encyclopedia/chapter5a/9.html

As for sunnis always calling Imam Ali(A) a coward I have already answered it in an earlier post:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235027487-thinking-to-be-shia/page-2#entry2789561

Hmm... you just outmatched the narrations of kulayni, Tusi, Mufid, Murtaza, Amili, Majlisi, Shostri, the mighty scholars with your tiny calculator by selective date picking. There has always been differences in dates of important Islamic events... i believe that people don't even know exactly the day when Fatima (as) passed away. 

Read again...your link is irrelevant.

Edited by Bukhari8k

so just because tabari was a Sunni he cannot make any mistake in his history book ??? and just because someone degrees with you on something does it mean he/she is calling you a liar ??? what kind of reasoning is this brother ?

scholars have disagreed with each other since the start, it`s not something uncommon as i can show you many of the Shiite Scholars disagreeing with each other on various religious issues. i hope i won`t be asked to show examples as there are plenty of those on every corner.

your arguments is weak from the start because history books are not Hadith books, they don`t have a strong chain of narratiors for most of the things mentioned in them. so just because Tabari or anyone in the world writes something that happened hundreds of years before they lived, doesn`t makes it true by default just because they wrote it in their books.

i again ask you to do some research and try to find this incident in the early shia books, i`m telling you brother you won`t find it anywhere else before it was fabricated in the Book of Sulaym bin Qays al Hilali by the liar Abban ibn abi Ayyash.

and just to get you started here`s a Shia scholar explaining the real reason why Umar Al Farooq (RA) is hated so much in Iran.

(Salam)

Brother you are really funny you said just because tabari said something doesn't make it true, but when ONE shia scholar says something it suddenly becomes the pilars of the shia faith. You still haven't answered my question why did Fatima die so young?

Once someone answers that question with sources from ANY book maybe we can discuss this properly

Hmm... you just outmatched the narrations of kulayni, Tusi, Mufid, Murtaza, Amili, Majlisi, Shostri, the mighty scholars with your tiny calculator by selective date picking. There has always been differences in dates of important Islamic events... i believe that people don't even know exactly the day when Fatima (as) passed away.

Read again...your link is irrelevant.

(Salam)

Please quote these references from Tutsi and others so we can actually debating rather than saying "if" this hadith exist and so on

(Salam)

How about diabetesDKA ? Pulmonary embolism ? Postpartum hemorrhage? Lots of causes of preventable disease which would be undetectable at thst time

I think you need to look at the bigger picture here

Edited by Panzerwaffe

How about diabetesDKA ? Pulmonary embolism ? Postpartum hemorrhage? Lots of causes of preventable disease which would be undetectable at thst time

I think you need to look at the bigger picture here

If she died from some disease there would at least be a hadith about it and they would of know she had a disease as she would of shown some signs of pain. The only thing I'm asking is how she died so young it's a simple question that every Muslim should know about Fatima (A) and be able to back up with hadiths

You think there are hadith for every historical detail ? Unfortunately there are not esp when it comes to private lives and of female companions

(Salam)

If the death of The most beloved women to Prophet Muhammad (S) isn't in hadith i dont know what to say.

it only takes a baby to realize that either you hate Fatima or someone is hiding something from you thus making you confused

it only takes a baby to realize that either you hate Fatima

A very childish and kneejerk conclusion. Just because someone does not suscribe to your version of the story does not mean that he/she hates Fatima. I mean seriously.....

(salam)

Brother you are really funny you said just because tabari said something doesn't make it true, but when ONE shia scholar says something it suddenly becomes the pilars of the shia faith. You still haven't answered my question why did Fatima die so young?

Once someone answers that question with sources from ANY book maybe we can discuss this properly

(salam)

Please quote these references from Tutsi and others so we can actually debating rather than saying "if" this hadith exist and so on

i said A SHIA SCHOLAR and i did not mean he speaks for all shiites, if you felt that way then it`s your misunderstanding.

how am i supposed to give the exact reason for the death of Fatimah al zahra (May Allah be well pleased with her) ??? do you even realize how childish your request it ? how could someone tell you the exact reason for the death of someone who lived 1400 years ago ?

just because someone does not agrees that Fatimah (May Allah be pleased with her) was murdered it doesn`t mean he/she hates her. you are really using childish logic here. 

i said A SHIA SCHOLAR and i did not mean he speaks for all shiites, if you felt that way then it`s your misunderstanding.

how am i supposed to give the exact reason for the death of Fatimah al zahra (May Allah be well pleased with her) ??? do you even realize how childish your request it ? how could someone tell you the exact reason for the death of someone who lived 1400 years ago ?

just because someone does not agrees that Fatimah (May Allah be pleased with her) was murdered it doesn`t mean he/she hates her. you are really using childish logic here.

Firstly I said either you hate her OR SOMEONE IS HIDING SOMETHING FROM YOU

Stop cutting out that part of the quote its getting annoying and I seem like an idiot

Secondly you said that its baby like to ask how someone died 1400 years ago but if I ask you about abu bakr , umar and uthman you would know straight away but if I ask about how Fatima (A) died who is better than them and there daughters in every single way you don't know ?

All I'm asking for is ONE hadith and I don't care it can even be from yazid(L) You will see how hard they tried to conceal the death of Fatima (A) in the hadith books.

And your trying to say i don't have logic

Firstly I said either you hate her OR SOMEONE IS HIDING SOMETHING FROM YOU

Stop cutting out that part of the quote its getting annoying and I seem like an idiot

Secondly you said that its baby like to ask how someone died 1400 years ago but if I ask you about abu bakr , umar and uthman you would know straight away but if I ask about how Fatima Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã died who is better than them and there daughters in every single way you don't know ?

All I'm asking for is ONE hadith and I don't care it can even be from yazid(L) You will see how hard they tried to conceal the death of Fatima Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã in the hadith books.

And your trying to say i don't have logic

you are asking about the exact cause of her death how is it possible for anyone to determine that now ? Umar (RA) and Uthman (RA) was martyred while Abu Bakr (RA) fell sick before he passed.it may have been that she (May Allah be pleased with her) fell sick because she mourned the death of Prophet (pbuh) a lot as we find it in some narrations. we can`t say for sure but just because we don`t know the cause of her death it does not mean she was murererd. this is what i called childish reasoning.

it may have been that she (May Allah be pleased with her) fell sick because she mourned the death of Prophet (pbuh) a lot as we find it in some narrations

(wasalam),

Can you please quote and reference the Shī'a narrations that state she fell sick due to mourning for the prophet [s.a.w.a.w.s]? If possible provide the original Arabic text. Thanks.

Edited by Jaafar Al-Shibli