Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

A Query

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam brothers and Sisters , 

I am a sunni .  But I love love Ahle Bayat  and consider them superior to all companions. 

I have a question to both sunni and shia  people here. 

I heard that Fatima ( as )  reached the age of marriage , many companions proposed  for her hand.  Prophet said that the matter is with Allah ( swt ) . 

Also , prophet said to Fatima ( as ) , that Allah ( swt ) glanced at all inhabitants of the earth and chose her father and then again glanced and chose her Husband. 

I heard this from a sunni scholar. 

Can someone give me authentic reference of this from sunni literature ? 

Thank You :)

• Advanced Member

Salam brother. May your love for ahlel bayt guide you to their true leadership and abandon the leadership of the illegitimate ones.

Here is the hadith you asked for;

Abu Ayyub al-Ansari citing the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him and his progeny saying that the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) addressed Fatima once thus: "O Fatima! Have you not come to know that Allah the Dear One cast a look at the inhabitants of the earth and chose your father from among them and sent him as His Messenger then He cast a second look and selected your husband and inspired me to marry him to you and appoint him as my successor.

hadith number 2541 on page 143 Vol. 6 of Kanz al-`Ummal

• Advanced Member

Salam brother. May your love for ahlel bayt guide you to their true leadership and abandon the leadership of the illegitimate ones.

Here is the hadith you asked for;

Abu Ayyub al-Ansari citing the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him and his progeny saying that the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) addressed Fatima once thus: "O Fatima! Have you not come to know that Allah the Dear One cast a look at the inhabitants of the earth and chose your father from among them and sent him as His Messenger then He cast a second look and selected your husband and inspired me to marry him to you and appoint him as my successor.

hadith number 2541 on page 143 Vol. 6 of Kanz al-`Ummal

Thank you ....... if you find any more such hadeeth from sunni literature  do post it here :)