Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Law Of Attraction - How To Get Rid Of It

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

S.A, Dear friends, I am Victim of this video "Secret" and this Law. This law is Life destructive.  In my opinion this is completely "Shirk" but still I have 2 questions about it please clarify me Allah will inshallah mercy you.

1. This Law says you imagine and you will get. (which I found is true some time) How it is getting true when every power is from Allah how a mind is producing something without asking GOD and why God is allowing ?

2. This is extremely addictive, I am trying to get rid of it by it now going away. Please suggest me logical explanation and how to get completely rid of it.

W.Salam

• Advanced Member

Brother,keep asking ur mind for an attribute- to rely totally on God in every matter.

If u r not getting this attribute then law is false and if u r getting this attribute then Best of Luck towards the path of God. :)

Edited by MOHAMMAD MOHD
  • Moderators
53_39.png
Sahih International
And that there is not for man except that for which he strives.

In my opinion, this verse accurately describes this law. Obviously when someone sets something forth in his mind, his actions will eventually lead him to it. It seems to me that this law by and large affects mental things. When one wishes to possess a positive attitude, obviously he will get a positive attitude. Even for material things, it is likely that the subconscious works towards the goal that has been set foremost in the mind, even without you realizing it.

As the earlier brother said, wish for something unattainable and see if you get it. You won't. 

• Advanced Member

As the earlier brother said, wish for something unattainable and see if you get it. You won't. 

Brother, To have an attribute of relying in every matter on God is unattainable?////////////am asking if this line was on my cmmnt

• Moderators

Brother, To have an attribute of relying in every matter on God is unattainable?////////////am asking if this line was on my cmmnt

No brother, I misread what you said. I thought you meant 'ask for an attribute of God,' which is a good idea too, as it can never happen. Sorry about that.

• Veteran Member

Problem wih The Secret is not the message but the indoctrination. It has no religious background to attract more people but at the same time that means that the author will have to use words and concepts general to the majoroty of religions or popular sects. Most of its indoctrination is actually not bad, but it is overall encouraging to certain level of selfishness and materialism.

I do strongly believe in a law of artraction, but everything has its own certain details. It is not as simple as the book says.

Regarding the matter of shirk, I find it hard to believe someone would commit shirk after reading the secret. It is not a book against religious beliefs nor it talks about adoring other deities.

• Advanced Member

S.A, Dear friends, I am Victim of this video "Secret" and this Law. This law is Life destructive.  In my opinion this is completely "Shirk" but still I have 2 questions about it please clarify me Allah will inshallah mercy you.

1. This Law says you imagine and you will get. (which I found is true some time) How it is getting true when every power is from Allah how a mind is producing something without asking GOD and why God is allowing ?

2. This is extremely addictive, I am trying to get rid of it by it now going away. Please suggest me logical explanation and how to get completely rid of it.

W.Salam

WS, 

Patience101 described it pretty well. We have certain ahadeeth about being optimistic and how that may affect your actions, etc. We also have ahadeeth on the affects of self-esteem. Much of what you attain is from your focus, via the subconscious and conscious mind. 

As for the book and movie The Secret, it has some truth to it, but also many flaws come with the whole notion. As others have alluded to, they may tell you that you can do anything, but they wouldn't want to try flying off of a 16-story building like a bird, else they wouldn't have any more spokesmen. Haha...so, in essence, they mix a bit of truth with a bunch of falsehood, and it misleads MANY people. 

How to get rid of it??

Well, you don't have to, since ahadeeth mention the likes of it. It's in obedience to Allah's [swt] laws. Sayyid Mahdi Modarressi had a lecture kind of explaining this topic. 

Edited by NaveenHussain