Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
liightseekeer

Fatima Al-Zahra In Sunni Books?

Rate this topic

Sallam Alikum, and I sent my condolences to the Muslim Ummah for the tragic death anniversary of the Holy Lady Fatima (AS).

I have been looking all over the place to find where Fatima Al-Zahra is mentioned in mainly Sahih Muslim and Bukhari about Omar Ibn Alkhattab attacking the house of Bibi Fatima? Can someone help locate these narration?

Also other than the reason of "different translations" what do you say about this?

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?37869-Did-Umar-(R-A-)-tried-burn-the-house-of-Fatima-(R-A-)

There is a book called Fatima The Gracious and it also mentions what is written about her in Sunni books.  

http://www.al-islam.org/fatima-the-gracious-abu-muhammad-ordoni

Walaykum As`salam

when i first saw the title of this thread i thought the OP would be asking about the virtues of Fatimah Al Zahra (Radhi Allahu Anha) in Sunnis Books.

i see that you`ve been trying to find this incident in the Bukhari and Muslim collections.

you won`t find this incident mentioned in the Sunni books nor in the Shia books except in the book of Suleim bin Qays al-Hilal regarding which is said that he handed it to the people in his last days.if you do some research about this book you will find that most of the scholars don`t even know it was Suleim bin Qays himself authored it or it was  Abban ibn abi 'Ayyash who wrote it and gave it`s credit  to Suleim bin Qays.. 

here i must tell you that  Abban ibn abi 'Ayyash is considered a weak even by the Shia scholars and he is also accused of fabricating the work of Suleim bin Qays. all muslims scholars are in agreement that this Abban was a weak narrator and he is considered a liar by most of them.

so trying to find this incident in any other books will only confirm to that Abban was a liar because you won`t find even in the early Shia books and even those who later narrated the same incident in their books only copied it from the book mentioned above.

i hope this will help you in your search Insha Allah.