Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Sumerian

Prophet Crying For Husayn

Rate this topic

A lot of times our Shi'a brothers try to prove that the Prophet (S) cried for al-Husayn (S) through Sunni sources. However, is this narration authentic as per Sunni standards?

حدثنا وكيع قال حدثني عبد الله بن سعيد عن أبيه عن عائشة أو أم سلمة. قال وكيع: شك عبد الله بن سعيد. أن النبي قال لإحداهما: لقد دخل علي البيت ملك لم يدخل علي قبلها فقال لي: إن ابنك هذا حسين مقتول، وإن شئت أريتك من تربة الأرض التي يقتل بها. قال: فأخرج تربة حمراء. مسند الإمام أحمد ٢٩٤/٦

Narrated Wakee', narrated Abdullah bin Sa'eed, from his father from Aisha or Umm Salamah [Wakee' said this doubt came from Abdullah bin Sa'eed] that the Prophet saw.png said to one of them [either Aisha or Umm Salamah ranhum.png], “An angel entered the house on me, he never entered on me before, and he said to me, 'this son of yours, al-Hussain, will be killed, and if you wish I can show you the soil from the earth where he will be killed'. Then he took out some red soil”. [Recorded in Musnad al-imam Ahmad, vol. 6 p. 294]

Al-Albani commented on this narration,

قلت: وهذا إسناد رجاله كلهم ثقات رجال الشيخين فهو صحيح إن كان سعيد وهو ابن أبي هند سمعه من عائشة أو أم سلمة، ولم أطمئن لذلك، فإنهم لم يذكروا له سماعا منها، وبين وفاته ووفاة أم سلمة نحو أربع وخمسين سنة وبين وفاته ووفاة عائشة نحو ثمان وخمسين سنة. والله أعلم

“This chain of this narration has all trustworthy narrators, narrators of the two Sheikhs [i.e. Bukhari and Muslim]. Therefore, this narration is authentic IF Sa'eed, and he's ibn Abi Hind, has heard it from Aisha or Umm Salamah ranhum.png. But I'm not at peace with that since they [Hadith scholars] have not mentioned that he has heard from her. Meanwhile, between his death and the death of Umm Salamah ranhum.png is about 54 years, and between his death and the death of Aisha is about 58 years, and Allah swt.png knows best.”

http://muslimmatters.org/2013/11/13/prophet-know-grandson-al-hussain-going-martyred/

Edited by al-Ibrahimi

I remember I first heard this hadith from actually a sunni. I think it depends on which sunni you ask. Sunnis like barelwis would say this is authentic while wahhabis/salafis would deny. My 2 cents.