Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mimz93

Cursing The Companions And So On

Rate this topic

Hello :)

I've recently been looking into Shiism and agree with a lot of things, I have read up on some history too and have noticed where certain companies have gone wrong but is it right to hate and curse so much? is it not valid enough to know where they went wrong but not say anything so harsh against these companions and also Aisha? 

I know the following verses about whoever angers Fatima angers me... etc and how this links to Abu Bakr and Umar barging into her home and so on, and yes this is terrible! But to curse and hate? Is this not against our own religion. I am feeling almost guilty to be having thoughts about the companions that are not so good. Will i be punished or get in sin for doing so :(

If someone kill you mother .. what you will do ?

Its a natural question dont take it wrong way. I just asked a question what reaction you will do ? And what if he killed your mother in front of you ? Or kill your wife in front of you ? And then tide rope in your neck and pull you ? What reaction you will give ?

Edited by alirex

(salam) dear brother, inshAllah you reach the truth in your journey, where ever it may lie, as long as it is THE truth. I would like to ask you, do you love and obey Allah swt? If so, what do you think of these verses? In Shia Islam, it is our duty to enjoin good and forbid evil, and love the friends of Allah, and hate the enemies of Allah. Who are the enemies of Allah? Are they not the unjust, the cruel, those that go above the holy prophet and disobey him and fight him and his family? Does Allah not say to Muhammad A.S to tell his companions, to love his family? So as you should understand, we follow the sunnah of Allah, and we curse the zalimeen, unjust, killers, and enemies of Allah.

[shakir 2:161] Surely those who disbelieve and die while they are disbelievers, these it is on whom is the curse of Allah and the angels and men all;

But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: Come let us call our sons and your sons, and our women and your women, and our selves and your selves; then let us be earnest in prayer and invoke the curse of Allah upon the liars. (Qur’an 3:61).

Surely those who conceal the clear proofs and the guidance that We revealed after We made it clear for men in the Book, these it is whom Allah does curse, and those who curse do curse them (too) (159),

[shakir 11:18] And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah? These shall be brought before their Lord, and the witnesses shall say: These are they who lied against their Lord. Now surely the curse of Allah is on the unjust.

[shakir 13:25] And those who break the covenant of Allah after its confirmation and cut asunder that which Allah has ordered to be joined and make mischief in the land; (as for) those, upon them shall be curse and they shall have the evil (issue) of the abode.

[shakir 24:7] And the fifth (time) that the curse of Allah be on him if he is one of the liars.

[shakir 28:42] And We caused a curse to follow them in this world, and on the day of resurrection they shall be of those made to appear hideous.

[shakir 33:57] Surely (as for) those who speak evil things of Allah and His Messenger, Allah has cursed them in this world and the here after, and He has prepared for them a chastisement bringing disgrace.

[shakir 33:64] Surely Allah has cursed the unbelievers and has prepared for them a burning fire,

[shakir 40:52] The day on which their excuse shall not benefit the unjust, and for them is curse and for them is the evil abode

(wasalam)

Edited by Ethics

I am feeling almost guilty to be having thoughts about the companions that are not so good. Will i be punished or get in sin for doing so :(

Salam. Welcome to ShiaChat, Sister.

Suratul Baqarah: Verses 159:

Surely those who conceal the clear proofs and the guidance that We revealed after We made it clear for men in the Book, these it is whom Allah does curse, and those who curse do curse them (too),

^ Allah says that those who curse do curse them, too. Not everyone curses, and Allah did not make cursing to be wajib. Allah's curse on someone is enough, with angels cursing as well. No need for anyone else to make his/her mouth filthy with cursing.

Salam. Welcome to ShiaChat, Sister.

Suratul Baqarah: Verses 159:

Surely those who conceal the clear proofs and the guidance that We revealed after We made it clear for men in the Book, these it is whom Allah does curse, and those who curse do curse them (too),

^ Allah says that those who curse do curse them, too. Not everyone curses, and Allah did not make cursing to be wajib. Allah's curse on someone is enough, with angels cursing as well. No need for anyone else to make his/her mouth filthy with cursing.

Sister, it isnt saying Allah curses those who curse, if that is what you are implying. It is saying, Allah curses them, AND the ones whom curses, curse the disbelievers. Meaning both Allah and the believers curse the disbelievers. As Allah's curse removes mercy from that individual, where as the believers curse, pray for Allah to remove His mercy from them. (wasalam)

Shakir: Surely those who conceal the clear proofs and the guidance that We revealed after We made it clear in the Book for men, these it is whom Allah shall curse, and those who curse shall curse them (too).

Muhammad Sarwar: Those who hide the authoritative proofs and the guidance that We have revealed, after it has been made clear for the People of the Book, will be condemned by God and those who have the right to condemn.

Explaination by Allamah Tabatabai:

Qur’an: these it is whom Allah does curse, and those who curse do curse them (too). It describes the punishment of those who revolt against truth and hide the Book and the guidance which Allah has sent down.

The punishment is the curse by Allah and the curse by those who curse. The word “curse” has been re­peated because the curse of Allah is different from the curse of those who curse. The curse by Allah is removal from mercy and bliss, and that by those who curse is praying to Allah to remove the cursed one from that mercy and bliss.

There is no restriction at all on the curse of Allah or the curse of those who curse, nor is there any limitation on “those who curse”. This generality shows that every curse by anyone who curses is actually directed to those revolters and concealers of the Divine Proof and Guidance. And reason supports this view: The aim of the curse is to remove the cursed one from happiness and bliss; and there is no real happiness and bliss except the religious one.

As this real religious bliss is fully explained by Allah and accepted by nature, no one can be deprived of it except the one who rejects and denies it. This deprivation is confined to him who knows it and then knowingly rejects it.

It does not affect him who did not know the said religious bliss and to whom it was not clarified. Allah has taken pledge from learned people to spread their knowledge and to publish whatever Divine proofs and guidance they had received.

If they conceal it and hold it back, then in effect they have rejected it. Therefore, “these it is whom Allah does curse, and those who curse do curse them (too)”. This explanation is further supported by the following verse: “Surely those who disbelieve and die while they are dis­believers, these it is on whom is the curse of Allah and the angels and men all.”

Apparently, the particle inna إنَّ ) = surely) coming at the beginning of the verse gives the reason, or intensifies the theme, of the verse under discussion, by repeating its meaning in other words, “Surely those who disbelieve and die while they are disbelievers...”

http://www.al-islam.org/al-mizan-exegesis-quran-vol-2-allamah-sayyid-muhammad-husayn-tabatabai/suratul-baqarah-verses-159-162

Edited by Ethics

But to curse and hate? 

Curse

The Arabic word "la'anat" is not exactly the same as the English word "curse".

I think there is no English equivalent.

And no one understands it fully. 

Hate

Unlike curse, hatred is not an action at all.

It is a feeling that you comes upon you.

You cannot say "I am going to love someone" and then begin to love that person.

Similarly, you cannot say "I am going to hate someone" and then begin to hate that person.

By and large, they are both beyond our control.

------------------------------------------------------------

However, Islam expects believers to forgive those we hate and to show mercy to them.

Remember what you learnt in school - water finds its own level. 

Likewise, if you forgive the person you hate, and show kindness to him, your hatred automatically begins to dissipate and dissolve.

Beautiful  - isn't it?        

I am feeling almost guilty to be having thoughts about the companions that are not so good. 

If you believe they did something wrong, you cannot help a feeling of revulsion.

It is natural.

And if you can avoid passing a remark according to their deeds, it may be better.

But if you do, you should be careful not to do them injustice.

In other words, don't say things that they do not deserve.

Will i be punished or get in sin for doing so

If you say something that they don't deserve., then yes

Otherwise not. 

1.  If someone kill you mother .. what you will do ?

2.  I just asked a question what reaction you will do ?

3.  Or kill your wife in front of you ?

4.  And then tide rope in your neck and pull you ?

5.  What reaction you will give ?

1.  The wives [ra], not daughters [ra], of the Prophet [saw] are the Mothers of Believers.  

2.  Let me tell you Imam Ali's [ra] reaction, as per your beliefs.  Nothing!  That is what he did, nothing!

3.  Nothing.

4.  Still nothing.

5.  The real question is what will be your reaction because if you retaliate, then you are saying that you are braver than Imam Ali [ra].  If you choose to follow that which Imam Ali [ra] did, which was nothing, according to your school of thought, then.........well, some things are better left unsaid :)

(salam) dear brother, inshAllah you reach the truth in your journey, where ever it may lie, as long as it is THE truth. I would like to ask you, do you love and obey Allah swt? If so, what do you think of these verses? In Shia Islam, it is our duty to enjoin good and forbid evil, and love the friends of Allah, and hate the enemies of Allah. Who are the enemies of Allah? Are they not the unjust, the cruel, those that go above the holy prophet and disobey him and fight him and his family? Does Allah not say to Muhammad A.S to tell his companions, to love his family? So as you should understand, we follow the sunnah of Allah, and we curse the zalimeen, unjust, killers, and enemies of Allah.

[shakir 2:161] Surely those who disbelieve and die while they are disbelievers, these it is on whom is the curse of Allah and the angels and men all;

But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: Come let us call our sons and your sons, and our women and your women, and our selves and your selves; then let us be earnest in prayer and invoke the curse of Allah upon the liars. (Qur’an 3:61).

Surely those who conceal the clear proofs and the guidance that We revealed after We made it clear for men in the Book, these it is whom Allah does curse, and those who curse do curse them (too) (159),

[shakir 11:18] And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah? These shall be brought before their Lord, and the witnesses shall say: These are they who lied against their Lord. Now surely the curse of Allah is on the unjust.

[shakir 13:25] And those who break the covenant of Allah after its confirmation and cut asunder that which Allah has ordered to be joined and make mischief in the land; (as for) those, upon them shall be curse and they shall have the evil (issue) of the abode.

[shakir 24:7] And the fifth (time) that the curse of Allah be on him if he is one of the liars.

[shakir 28:42] And We caused a curse to follow them in this world, and on the day of resurrection they shall be of those made to appear hideous.

[shakir 33:57] Surely (as for) those who speak evil things of Allah and His Messenger, Allah has cursed them in this world and the here after, and He has prepared for them a chastisement bringing disgrace.

[shakir 33:64] Surely Allah has cursed the unbelievers and has prepared for them a burning fire,

[shakir 40:52] The day on which their excuse shall not benefit the unjust, and for them is curse and for them is the evil abode

(wasalam)

Thank you for all of your information. Yes I do understand many of the reasons why and have been spoken to about the asking Allah swt to remove his mercy from these enemies.. but I just find it abit difficult coming from a different school of thought to accept it very lightly! I just think I will choose not to do so in case :)

1.  The wives [ra], not daughters [ra], of the Prophet [saw] are the Mothers of Believers.  

2.  Let me tell you Imam Ali's [ra] reaction, as per your beliefs.  Nothing!  That is what he did, nothing!

3.  Nothing.

4.  Still nothing.

5.  The real question is what will be your reaction because if you retaliate, then you are saying that you are braver than Imam Ali [ra].  If you choose to follow that which Imam Ali [ra] did, which was nothing, according to your school of thought, then.........well, some things are better left unsaid :)

i hope all the people on this thread do read you post  :D

so that Insha Allah more people will realize how absurd and insulting it is to say that Ali Al Murtaza (RA), the lion of Allah, the conqueror of Khayber, the one who Maaz Allah sliced a wing of Archangel Gabriel (AS) and not to forget who can also bring earth quakes  (according to Shia Books of Hadith and History)  and yet choose not to avenge his wife (RA) and unborn child ??? Naudhubillah people don`t even realize and think for a minute that how disgusting insults they are making on the Ahle Bayt (RA).

3.  Nothing.

4.  Still nothing.

You are one lost soul...

1. The only reason they are given the term mother is only because they are forbidden to remarry after the prophet pbuh and his family. That does not mean anything more then that.

2. You mistake restraint with weakness 

All I see when someone mentions Imam Ali (as) is bravery, a man that all the Khalifias wished they were, a man whose sword brought many victory's for Islam, a man who stood his ground in many battles with the Prophet pbuh/hf while many ran away with there tails between there legs and that includes some of the khalifas because not all the khalifas where around when the Prophet pbuh/hf was alive on this earth. I can keep going on and on but the SC servers will not have enough data space for my post.

May Allah swt curse every hater of the Prophet pbuh/hf, May Allah swt curse every human that fought the Imams (as) in any battle. May Allah swt also curse every hater of The Imams (as)

Edited by Journey of Truth

so that Insha Allah more people will realize how absurd and insulting it is to say that Ali Al Murtaza (ra), the lion of Allah, the conqueror of Khayber, the one who Maaz Allah sliced a wing of Archangel Gabriel (as) and not to forget who can also bring earth quakes  (according to Shia Books of Hadith and History)  and yet choose not to avenge his wife (ra) and unborn child ??? Naudhubillah people don`t even realize and think for a minute that how disgusting insults they are making on the Ahle Bayt (ra).

I dont know from where you are quoting some events and which Shia and Shia Books you trust.

But for sure when you brain will start working , you will understand many things. I hope that day is not Judgement Day.

3.  Nothing.

4.  Still nothing.

Is Imam Equal to Normal Human ? If you say yes ... then you don't know Imamat yet. But if you say No .. then i am right.

I hope you will not start popping Imam of your Salaat prayer. This Imam is Imam from Allah. Not from Authorities of Mulla.

Edited by alirex

Thank you for all of your information. Yes I do understand many of the reasons why and have been spoken to about the asking Allah swt to remove his mercy from these enemies.. but I just find it abit difficult coming from a different school of thought to accept it very lightly! I just think I will choose not to do so in case :)

Sister, I respect your decision. For me, it is clear prove from Allah in the holy quran and when Muhammad A.S debated the christians.  I will continue to pray against the enemies of Muhammad A.S and Allah swt. ^_^

so that Insha Allah more people will realize how absurd and insulting it is to say that Ali Al Murtaza (ra), the lion of Allah, the conqueror of Khayber, the one who Maaz Allah sliced a wing of Archangel Gabriel (as) and not to forget who can also bring earth quakes  (according to Shia Books of Hadith and History)  and yet choose not to avenge his wife (ra) and unborn child ??? Naudhubillah people don`t even realize and think for a minute that how disgusting insults they are making on the Ahle Bayt (ra).

Easy there!  I am only regurgitating what our Shia brothers believe themselves.  Here is what Alirex said, "And what if he killed your mother in front of you ? Or kill your wife in front of you ? And then tide rope in your neck and pull you ?"

If anything, the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah rejects this fabrication entirely.  So the fault lies in you, not me.  You were disgusted at your own reflection and that is your problem, not mine, because all I did was hold up a mirror to your face.

1.  The only reason they are given the term mother is only because they are forbidden to remarry after the prophet pbuh and his family. That does not mean anything more then that.

2.  You mistake restraint with weakness 

3.  All I see when someone mentions Imam Ali (as) is bravery, a man that all the Khalifias wished they were

1.  Yes, that is the "only" reason why Allah [swt] gave them that title.  Had this title been extended to Bibi Fatima [ra], you would have been beating your chest to it non-stop.

2.  Fine!  So Imam Ali [ra] showed restraint.  Then why do you run your mouth and keep bringing up the fabrication?  If he showed restraint, you do the same and let it go.

3.  Preaching to the choir, dude!  We already refer to him as "Lion of Allah" so heed your own message and refrain from associating him with such cowardice that he behaved like a bystander while his wife was being attacked.....and then they tied a rope around his neck and dragged him.  

As for other Sahaba [ra] wishing to be as brave as Imam Ali [ra], a brother on ShiaChat accused Uthman [ra] of hiding behind his wife (when the assassins got the best of him).  Upon investigation, it was revealed that when they were ready to strike Uthman [ra] with the sword, one of his wives brought her hand between the sword and Uthman [ra] to prevent him from receiving any harm, and in the process she lost her fingers.  That backfired on the brother, and on you too, since it proved that Uthman's [ra] wife had more courage than Imam Ali [ra] - if we were to accept the Shia version of the incident at Bibi Fatima's [ra] house - because at least Uthman's [ra] wife came to the rescue of her spouse whereas Imam Ali [ra] did nothing to help Bibi Fatima [ra]........oh wait, he showed restraint, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Is Imam Equal to Normal Human ? If you say yes ... then you don't know Imamat yet. But if you say No .. then i am right.

I know Imamat but do not believe in it because it is not in the Qur'an.  If it is usool-e-deen then it must be clearly mentioned in the Qur'an.  Otherwise, you are a storyteller and I am not entertained.

I've recently been looking into Shiism and agree with a lot of things, I have read up on some history too and have noticed where certain companies have gone wrong but is it right to hate and curse so much? is it not valid enough to know where they went wrong but not say anything so harsh against these companions and also Aisha? 

I know the following verses about whoever angers Fatima angers me... etc and how this links to Abu Bakr and Umar barging into her home and so on, and yes this is terrible! But to curse and hate? Is this not against our own religion. I am feeling almost guilty to be having thoughts about the companions that are not so good. Will i be punished or get in sin for doing so :(

Sister, Islam is a religion of peace and rahmat. At the time it came, it brought love into the hearts of the believers and joined them in a way that was never before accomplished in Arabia given their continuous conflicts and arguements. Rely on Allah SWT alone to execute and fulfill on the people in the Quran quoted to be cursed and ready for punishment. Only Allah SWT knows what is in people's hearts and who indeed is a believer and who is not. That is Allah's SWT right alone. Do not take that upon yourself especially when there is no way that you can %100 surely know who is the Quran talking about and who is it really that falls in that group and who does not. Even if you were alive at that time, you would have still not been able to be that confident and it is not in any Muslim's place to be that confident as only Allah SWT is Aaleem va Baseer.

Long story short, do not foster hate in your heart rather foster love. There is enough love from the Prophet (PBUH) and the Ahlul Bayt and the true companions of the Prophet (PBUH) to fill your heart. Any ideology that starts with preaching hate, you should be watchful of.

Salaam , Islam is based on Love and since some people's actions are against that base they deserve hatred .

Sister, Islam is a religion of peace and rahmat. At the time it came, it brought love into the hearts of the believers and joined them in a way that was never before accomplished in Arabia given their continuous conflicts and arguements. Rely on Allah SWT alone to execute and fulfill on the people in the Quran quoted to be cursed and ready for punishment. Only Allah SWT knows what is in people's hearts and who indeed is a believer and who is not. That is Allah's SWT right alone. Do not take that upon yourself especially when there is no way that you can %100 surely know who is the Quran talking about and who is it really that falls in that group and who does not. Even if you were alive at that time, you would have still not been able to be that confident and it is not in any Muslim's place to be that confident as only Allah SWT is Aaleem va Baseer.

Long story short, do not foster hate in your heart rather foster love. There is enough love from the Prophet (pbuh) and the Ahlul Bayt and the true companions of the Prophet (pbuh) to fill your heart. Any ideology that starts with preaching hate, you should be watchful of.

Be very careful dear brother. Would you claim Muhammad A.S loves the killer of Abu Hamza A.S? Would you claim Allah loves satan l.a? What does Allah swt say in the quran? What does Muhammad A.S say in his sunnah? Love my enemies? Love those who hate me? Love those who fight me? Do I need to quote quran and hadith for you? Cause I can bring clear evidence, as I did with the quran showing how Allah commands us to pray that the disbelievers AND hypocrites (amongst Islam) does not receive any mercy and receive a grave punishment from Allah.

There is a HUGE difference between preaching unjust and purposeless hatred, and forbidding evil. How does one forbid evil? By disassociating from the evil doers. By not loving the killer and the killed. By not claiming r.a with the oppressor and oppressed.

Your sense of reasoning claiming we should just throw our head down against the evil doers and enemies of Allah, because we can "never" be sure, while they openly abused and fought our holy prophet and his family during their time, is senseless. Is that what the prophet told his companions to do against the meccans? Is that what Allah commands in the holy quran for US? Does Allah say, "your not the prophet so do not worry about hypocrites". Of course not! There is a whole chapter in the quran on the characteristics of hypocrites/disbelievers and how we must disassociate from them. Did the quran come for Muhammad A.S to obey, or did it come for us through the command of the rasul?

No one is saying Islam doesnt mean love, or we shouldnt love a stranger or a non-muslim. Do not abuse and confuse the two points. We are speaking about staunch hypocrites and enemies of Allah, Muhammad A.S, and His family.

I am unable to edit my previous post but let me make the correction here.  My sentence, "If anything, the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah rejects this fabrication entirely.  So the fault lies in you, not me.  You were disgusted at your own reflection and that is your problem, not mine, because all I did was hold up a mirror to your face", was not aimed at you.

Please forgive me for my error :)

3.  Preaching to the choir, dude!  We already refer to him as "Lion of Allah" so heed your own message and refrain from associating him with such cowardice that he behaved like a bystander while his wife was being attacked.....and then they tied a rope around his neck and dragged him

In His Name

One jewish saw the scene of attack on house of only daughter of our prophet and became muslim you now why,because he had seen Amir-al-momenin pbuh in Kheibar and was familiar with his strength and his courage then when he saw his reaction understood some Godly intention prevent him from reaction otherwise he was able to kill all of them without using his sword

As for other Sahaba [ra] wishing to be as brave as Imam Ali [ra], a brother on ShiaChat accused Uthman [ra] of hiding behind his wife (when the assassins got the best of him).  Upon investigation, it was revealed that when they were ready to strike Uthman [ra] with the sword, one of his wives brought her hand between the sword and Uthman [ra] to prevent him from receiving any harm, and in the process she lost her fingers.  That backfired on the brother, and on you too, since it proved that Uthman's [ra] wife had more courage than Imam Ali [ra] - if we were to accept the Shia version of the incident at Bibi Fatima's [ra] house - because at least Uthman's [ra] wife came to the rescue of her spouse whereas Imam Ali [ra] did nothing to help Bibi Fatima [ra]........oh wait, he showed restraint, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

In His Name

A piece of friendly advice, watch your mouth even when you talk hypothetically [pls

but about the diffrences between two events

First of all hazrat Ftimah pbuh was in her house and invaders were out unlike Uthman's event

second Amir-al-momenin stay to his home to express to all scholar in history that there were some opposition and there was not any ejmae and they disobey recently order of prophet

third one is hazrat Fatimah was the one and only daughter of our prophet not an ordinary muslim and she defended her Imame by far better than Uthman's wife she took the belt of Ali pbuh and didnt give up until they broke her bone and Ali pbuh never reacted not because of cowardice but he was ordered to be patient even though happened what happened therefore he says صبرت و فی العین قذی و فی الحلق شجی

sometimes you must kill youe enemy and conquer Kheibar which other caliph were unable sometimes you should remain silence and both of them were fo sake of God

In His Name

One jewish saw the scene of attack on house of only daughter of our prophet and became muslim you now why,because he had seen Amir-al-momenin pbuh in Kheibar and was familiar with his strength and his courage then when he saw his reaction understood some Godly intention prevent him from reaction otherwise he was able to kill all of them without using his sword

Cool story bro!  Did he convert to Shia or Sunni Islam?  Maybe we should celebrate his wiladat.

In His Name

1.  A piece of friendly advice, watch your mouth even when you talk hypothetically [pls

2.  First of all hazrat Ftimah pbuh was in her house and invaders were out unlike Uthman's event

3.  second Amir-al-momenin stay to his home to express to all scholar in history that there were some opposition and there was not any ejmae and they disobey recently order of prophet

4.  third one is hazrat Fatimah was the one and only daughter of our prophet not an ordinary muslim and she defended her Imame by far better than Uthman's wife she took the belt of Ali pbuh and didnt give up until they broke her bone

5.  and Ali pbuh never reacted not because of cowardice but he was ordered to be patienet

1.  Thank you for your advice but I am only holding up a mirror here.  Some people do not like what they see in it.

2.  So what?  The wife of Uthman [ra] felt that she should come to the rescue of her husband.  Imam Ali [ra], as per your belief, did nothing.

3.  Again, so what?  Imam Ali [ra], as per your aqeedah, did nothing.

4.  Still, so what?  Imam Ali [ra], as per your madhhab, did nothing remotely close to what the wife of Uthman [ra] did.

5.  Do you know that dying while defending your family confers shahadat on you?  Imam Ali [ra], according to your belief, preferred to be a bystander and accept humiliation over defending his honor and martyrdom.  SubhanAllah!

Edited by muslim720

5.  Do you know that dying while defending your family confers shahadat on you?  Imam Ali [ra], according to your belief, preferred to be a bystander and accept humiliation over defending his honor and martyrdom.  SubhanAllah!

In His Name

You expose yourself rather than holding up miror and by saying it repeatdly you want convince yourself to insult others belief

Imam Ali pbuh knew better than you and every companion what is wrong and what is truth and that jewish knew this and saw his courage and his Godly power so when he saw him didnt do anything he understood his a man of God

Amir-al-Momenin is the manifestation of obedience whatever Allah and his Prophst asked him to do,he did .sometimes he should have stayed in Medinah rather than going to war.sometimes he should have sarificed himself for the sake of perophet when the others ran away from battlefield.sometimes he should have conqured Kheibar in which had failed first and second caliph and sometimes you should have remain silent for the sake of Islam and Allah.

And this very specific moments show the real self of every claimer. and patience or sabr is the name of one tree which its fruit is so bitter so this kind of task express the rank of submission that is the root of Islam and every order in religion

2.  So what?  The wife of Uthman [ra] felt that she should come to the rescue of her husband.  Imam Ali [ra], as per your belief, did nothing.

In His Name

So the blame shiftted to those who invade the house of one and only daughter of prophet who left behind

3.  Again, so what?  Imam Ali [ra], as per your aqeedah, did nothing.

sometimes silence is deafening and more louder than every sound and action like Hazrat Fatimah pbuh she had willed to hide her grave so the same question bring up what benefit does it have? without any sign and traceless grave . but those who knew what happened there and what history and impartial reader of history will say about them wanted to dig all grave in Bqeeh but they couldnt .every muslim should answer this terimendous important question why the grave of only precious daughter of our prophet is unmarked?

4.  Still, so what?  Imam Ali [ra], as per your madhhab, did nothing remotely close to what the wife of Uthman [ra] did.

The most important thing is you think  that we ever should do sth and take an action to obey God but most of the time you should do nothing and i brought some example in first part. like truce of Hodaybiyah maybe if you were there you would object prophet's decision

Edited by myGod

I know the following verses about whoever angers Fatima angers me... etc and how this links to Abu Bakr and Umar barging into her home and so on, and yes this is terrible! But to curse and hate? Is this not against our own religion. I am feeling almost guilty to be having thoughts about the companions that are not so good. Will i be punished or get in sin for doing so

In His Name

Let ask Allah and his prophet who we curse

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو الْوَلِيدِ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ عُيَيْنَةَ، عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ دِينَارٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي مُلَيْكَةَ، عَنِ الْمِسْوَرِ بْنِ مَخْرَمَةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ فَاطِمَةُ بَضْعَةٌ مِنِّي، فَمَنْ أَغْضَبَهَا أَغْضَبَنِي ‏"‏‏.‏

Narrated Al-Miswar bin Makhrama:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Fatima is a part of me, and he who makes her angry, makes me angry."

Sahih al-Bukhari 3714    Book 62, Hadith 64  : Vol. 5, Book 57, Hadith 6

And those who  make Prophet pbuh angry verily bother him

and who he bothers Prophet curse by Almighty Allah

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يُؤْذُونَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ لَعَنَهُمُ اللَّهُ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالْآخِرَةِ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ عَذَابًا مُّهِينًا

Yusuf Ali
Those who annoy Allah and His Messenger - Allah has cursed them in this World and in the Hereafter, and has prepared for them a humiliating Punishment.

those who annoyed and bothered Lady Fatimah (As) have been cursed by Allah then you curse them and follow Allah regardless of their name whoever they were

Edited by myGod

Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [His] pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward. ( Al Quran 48:29)

this verse was the response of Imam Malik (rahimaullah) when someone asked him about those who curse the companions of the Prophet (pbuh). if anyone here thinks he/she can interpret this verse better than Imam Malik then please go ahead and tell me what is meant here in this verse of the Holy Quran.

Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [His] pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward. ( Al Quran 48:29)

The verse states here that Allah has not promised all of them for forgiveness and great reward, Only those are promised who believe and do righteous deeds among them (not all of them).

The verse is very clear in its meaning that only believers and righteous among them are promised for great reward. So those who are not righteous among the companions are not promised for this reward.

Regards

Edited by skamran110

The verse states here that Allah has not promised all of them for forgiveness and great reward, Only those are promised who believe and do righteous deeds among them (not all of them).

The verse is very clear in its meaning that only believers and righteous among them are promised for great reward. So those who are not righteous among the companions are not promised for this reward.

Regards

And the first to embrace Islam of the Muhajirun (those who migrated from Makkah to Al-Madinah) and the Ansar (the citizens of Al-Madinah who helped and gave aid to the Muhajirun) and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allah is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success. (Al Quran 9:100) 

And the first to embrace Islam of the Muhajirun (those who migrated from Makkah to Al-Madinah) and the Ansar (the citizens of Al-Madinah who helped and gave aid to the Muhajirun) and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allah is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success. (Al Quran 9:100) 

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab:

I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) saying, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for."

Source: Sahih al-Bukhari

http://sunnah.com/bukhari/1

Edited by al-Ibrahimi

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab:

I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) saying, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for."

Source: Sahih al-Bukhari

http://sunnah.com/bukhari/1

another desperate attempt to deny the virtue of the Muhajirun (May Allah be well pleased with of them) 

do you know what was their intention when they migrated to Medina ??? do you claim to know what was in their hearts ??

another desperate attempt to deny the virtue of the Muhajirun (May Allah be well pleased with of them) 

do you know what was their intention when they migrated to Medina ??? do you claim to know what was in their hearts ??

When did I claim I knew their intentions? I'm responding to your statement that every companion that emigrated was a good one, and that Allah is pleased with them. That's only if they had a pure intention...

1- First of all the verse of Quran mentioning only that righteous are promised great reward cannot be denied in any case. (Ref. post no. 25)

2- The verse only praises those who are righteous whether they have Migrated or Ansar. (9:100). Also, the response from Quran comes further by the following verse:

And among those around you of the bedouins are hypocrites, and [also] from the people of Madinah. They have become accustomed to hypocrisy. You, [O Muhammad], do not know them, [but] We know them. We will punish them twice [in this world]; then they will be returned to a great punishment. (9:101)

3- The quran categorizes the companions in 3 groups:  One group is praised, second group is warned for their actions and the third group is Taunted   who may turn away from the religion.

All this detail can be found at the given link.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235015369-does-the-quran-disrespect-the-sahaba/?p=2606534

Regards.

Edited by skamran110

Majority of the companions that emigrated, did so for God and his pleasure, and it's the same with those who helped. A minority were hypocrites. But the people that fought the Prophet despite clear miracles and knowing it was the truth, sticking to the slogan, "Why doesn't he send an Angel as a Messenger...or did God send a mortal as a Messenger..." to deny clear proofs after it was made clear to them,  instead of looking at evidence...finding ambiguous objections in which an unseen wisdom proves otherwise. 

They fought the Nabi and only became Muslims after humiliating defeat. People entering the religion honestly God can turn to them, but they aren't of those praiseworthy believers who were steadfast and honest.

Also, while I don't think majority of the early believers turned on their backs, the majority of the people that came after weren't of sincere faith, and just as they fought the Nabi and turned against him, may very well do so against Ali. When Ali didn't see support from the majority of the people, he spared bloodshed of his followers and big war, and knew patience was better.

His right being taken away was an injustice to all believers and sincere Muslims, but he didn't fight so spare bloodshed of his followers, so why would he put his followers blood on the line for an injustice towards his wife.

I feel Sunnis act similar to how the disbelievers acted towards the Rasool, despite clear miracles and acknowledging the superior nature of the Quran, they stoke to an objection "Why would God send a moral as a Messenger instead of Angels" and said if he clearly wanted us to know, he would surely send down a proof that would prove to all of us beyond doubt. So instead of looking at the miracles, they said he was a sorcerer, and all the proof was there, nothing preventing them from believing but stick to something they don't understand, like why God would not send an Angel as a Messenger instead. 

The Sunnis when told clear proofs from Sunnah, like ghadeer declaration with hadithal thaqalain and Ali Mawla, Manzilat Harun, Hadithal Kisaa and Mubahila, and clear proofs from Quran like the flow of the great divine authority of the family of Ibrahim with Ulil-Amr, the wage being a path to Allah and being it love of the near kin of the Messenger and the verses about witnesses from us repeated through out the Quran, they instead of looking at the proofs look towards ambiguity and want to discuss something that takes more unseen wisdom, and it's not proven easily by argument.

When shown Ahlulbayt in Quran, they resort to why not clearer like verses about Prophets or Angels...when they shown proof from Sunnah, they resort to why didn't Ali do this or that.

This isn't the way, the way is to look at what is clear, definite, manifest. It's the same when they say where is your Imam now... and stuff like that. These slogans that prevent people from believing when clear proofs are presented mean nothing because they are arguments from ignorance. 

Edited by StrugglingForTheLight

I feel Sunnis act similar to how the disbelievers acted towards the Rasool, despite clear miracles and acknowledging the superior nature of the Quran, they stoke to an objection "Why would God send a moral as a Messenger instead of Angels" and said if he clearly wanted us to know, he would surely send down a proof that would prove to all of us beyond doubt. So instead of looking at the miracles, they said he was a sorcerer, and all the proof was there, nothing preventing them from believing but stick to something they don't understand, like why God would not send an Angel as a Messenger instead. 

The Sunnis when told clear proofs from Sunnah, like ghadeer declaration with hadithal thaqalain and Ali Mawla, Manzilat Harun, Hadithal Kisaa and Mubahila, and clear proofs from Quran like the flow of the great divine authority of the family of Ibrahim with Ulil-Amr, the wage being a path to Allah and being it love of the near kin of the Messenger and the verses about witnesses from us repeated through out the Quran, they instead of looking at the proofs look towards ambiguity and want to discuss something that takes more unseen wisdom, and it's not proven easily by argument.

When shown Ahlulbayt in Quran, they resort to why not clearer like verses about Prophets or Angels...when they shown proof from Sunnah, they resort to why didn't Ali do this or that.

Nice to read this.

Sahaba RA can apostate but Iranies can not.

Sahabas RA in Quran.

Certainly Allah was well pleased with the believers when they swore allegiance to you under the tree, and He knew what was in their hearts, so He sent down tranquillity on them and rewarded them with a near victory.

Sura Al-Fath, Ayah 18

Background

In March 628 CE (6 AH), Muhammad SAW set for Mecca to perform the ritual pilgrimage of Umrah. The Quraysh denied the Muslims entry into the city and posted themselves outside Mecca, determined to offer resistance even though the Muslims did not have any intention or preparation for battle. Muhammad SAW camped outside Mecca at Hudaybiyyah and sent Uthman ibn Affan as his envoy to meet with the leaders of Quraysh and negotiate their entry into the city. The Quraysh caused Uthman to stay longer in Mecca than they originally planned and refused to inform the Muslims of his whereabouts. This caused them to believe that Uthman had been killed by the people of the Quraysh. On this occasion, Muhammad SAW gathered his nearly 1,400 Sahaba and called them to pledge to fight until death and avenge the death of Uthman. This pledge took place under a tree and was thus known as the Pledge of the Tree. During the process of pledging, each Sahaba came before Muhammad SAW and pledged, with his hand on top of Muhammad's SAW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_the_Tree#Background

Edited by Ramis Khan

As far as cursing is concerned, Umar (the second Khalif) cursed as well. Take a look;

Sehih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 57, Number 50 :

Narrated by 'Amr bin Maimun,

I saw 'Umar bin Al-Khattab a few days before he was stabbed in Medina. He was standing with Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman and 'Uthman bin Hunaif to whom he said, "What have you done? Do you think that you have imposed more taxation on the land (of As-Swad i.e. 'Iraq) than it can bear?" They replied, "We have imposed on it what it can bear because of its great yield." 'Umar again said, "Check whether you have imposed on the land what it can not bear." They said, "No, (we haven't)." 'Umar added, "If Allah should keep me alive I will let the widows of Iraq need no men to support them after me." But only four days had elapsed when he was stabbed (to death ). The day he was stabbed, I was standing and there was nobody between me and him (i.e. Umar) except Abdullah bin 'Abbas. Whenever Umar passed between the two rows, he would say, "Stand in straight lines." When he saw no defect (in the rows), he would go forward and start the prayer with Takbir. He would recite Surat Yusuf or An-Nahl or the like in the first Rak'a so that the people may have the time to Join the prayer. As soon as he said Takbir, I heard him saying, "The dog has killed or eaten me," at the time he (i.e. the murderer) stabbed him. A non-Arab infidel proceeded on carrying a double-edged knife and stabbing all the persons he passed by on the right and left (till) he stabbed thirteen persons out of whom seven died. When one of the Muslims saw that, he threw a cloak on him. Realizing that he had been captured, the non-Arab infidel killed himself, 'Umar held the hand of 'Abdur-Rahman bin Auf and let him lead the prayer. Those who were standing by the side of 'Umar saw what I saw, but the people who were in the other parts of the Mosque did not see anything, but they lost the voice of 'Umar and they were saying, "Subhan Allah! Subhan Allah! (i.e. Glorified be Allah)." Abdur-Rahman bin Auf led the people a short prayer. When they finished the prayer, 'Umar said, "O Ibn 'Abbas! Find out who attacked me." Ibn 'Abbas kept on looking here and there for a short time and came to say. "The slave of Al Mughira." On that 'Umar said, "The craftsman?" Ibn 'Abbas said, "Yes." 'Umar said, "May Allah curse him. I did not treat him unjustly.

Here you have Umar clearly and openly cursing his attacker. So those who say that one shouldn't curse, well.......