Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
hamzaali512

Nowruz

Rate this topic

Salam, brother. The first day of Spring is March 20, 2015, at 22.45 GMT. Most cultures have some type of celebrations. Muslims read duas and pray. Duas are at this website: http://www.duas.org/nawroz.htm

Salam dear sister,

I always thought that Norwruz day was only on March 21, but you wrote it was on March 20, so how can I know the exact date?

Is it different from one year to another?

Edited by Zahra1

salam

In Iran, We have around a week holiday during nowrooz time, but schools and universities are closed for around 13 days. 

We buy new cloth and meet elder relatives during holiday

elder people give younger Eidi

one of most important part of nowrooz is making "haft seen"

at the end of nowrroz festival, in 13th day of spring, it is nature day and we call it " 13 be dar", people go out of home with their families and spend time in nature.  

Salam dear sister,

I always thought that Norwruz day was only on March 21, but you wrote it was on March 20, so how can I know the exact date?

there is not an exact day ( or time) for nowrooz. its date change according to different calenders but the first day of spring or Equinox is beginning of Nowrooz Festival.

Salam dear sister,

^  Salam. Nowruz is celebrated on March 19, 20, 21 or 22, depending on the year. Scientists calculate it to when the daylight hours become equal to the nighttime hours.

Can i know nowruz used to be celebrated in iran or anywhere by shias !

^ Nowruz is celebrated in many countries. Or wherever these people live, who came from a country that celebrates it. Canada officially recognized Nowruz as a holiday in 2009, according to Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nowruz

Doesnt its an open bidah ! Unislamic festival to be celebrated for almost 15 days, did any of Imams mentioned nowruz celebration with sound chain of narrations, or its been celebrated bcoz imam mahdi r.h will appear on this day !

JazakAllah.

Al Hashmi, did you read the information in the link of Post #2? Please go there and scroll down to "Celebrating Nowrooz" where it mentions what Imam Jafar Sadiq the 6th Holy Imam AS had to say about Nowruz.

^Thanks sister, supplications are good but imam jafar r.a have been praying O'Allah new year has begun ! Nowruz is not Islamic new year its persian new year like the new year of todays, our imam jafar was not persian he was an pure arab and pious bondman of Allah ! Allah hu Akbar how can he go against the teachings of Prophet S.a.w, narrations doesnt seems correct.

Allahu Aalim.

^ Bro, the hadith of Imam Sadiq (as) on that page does not cite him as saying anything about it being the "new year." But nonetheless, the first day of spring is the same day and time regardless of what calendar you happen to use. That's probably what the Imam is referring to.

And with all due respect, I don't think Imam Jafar as-Sadiq being a pure Arab or an impure something-else has any effect on the raising or lowering of his status, nor is that relevant to him being a pious servant of Allah (SWT).

Also, it is correct that norouz is not the Islamic new year. But the Islamic new year is the first of Muharram. So... I doubt the Imam would have celebrated that occasion.

Edited by baradar_jackson