Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Journey of Truth

Nikah Misyar

Rate this topic

Salam 

I usually get attacked by my Sunni friends about muta however Sunnis practice Nikah Misyar. 

My question is, why do Sunnis question the Shia Muta if the Sunnis have there own Muta version called Nikah Misyar. 

I visited to Sunni Mosque, in Sydney last week and the Shiek told me that it is similar so I told him then why not just call it Muta. Unfortunately he had to take a call and could not answer my question. 

So brothers and sisters of the Sunni world, please explain and if I am wrong please correct me.

Many Sunni consider Nikah Misyar as haram.

While the remaining consider it as "Not recommended".

Personally, I think their Sheikhs have made it haram simply to counteract the logical connection to Mutah.

http://islamqa.info/en/82390

Edited by Akbar673

The "travelers marriage" is generally practiced by Gulf Arab and Egyptian businessmen and students as a means of "managing their lust" (a ridiculous concept in its own right and a cover for indulging in sin) while on business/school trips and/or vacations (I assume current wives/families aren't invited to tag along on these)

Here in Idaho, such unions generally consist of young, wealthy Kuwaiti/Emirati exchange students at BSU banging local white chicks for a term or two before dumping them when it's time to go home and pretend like they didn't just spend the last several months boozing it up, smoking ganja and fornicating with dirty kuffar women the whole time... 

May Allah SWT protect all of us from hypocrisy and bad intentions...

WS

Salam 

I usually get attacked by my Sunni friends about muta however Sunnis practice Nikah Misyar. 

My question is, why do Sunnis question the Shia Muta if the Sunnis have there own Muta version called Nikah Misyar. 

I visited to Sunni Mosque, in Sydney last week and the Shiek told me that it is similar so I told him then why not just call it Muta. Unfortunately he had to take a call and could not answer my question. 

So brothers and sisters of the Sunni world, please explain and if I am wrong please correct me.

You are right Sunnies believe this. But there is a different some say it is Haram and some say it is Halal !

I think it is mostly used in Saudi and around there.

Edited by maes

Salam 

1.  I usually get attacked by my Sunni friends about muta however Sunnis practice Nikah Misyar. 

2.  My question is, why do Sunnis question the Shia Muta if the Sunnis have there own Muta version called Nikah Misyar. 

3.  I visited to Sunni Mosque, in Sydney last week and the Shiek told me that it is similar so I told him then why not just call it Muta. Unfortunately he had to take a call and could not answer my question. 

4.  So brothers and sisters of the Sunni world, please explain and if I am wrong please correct me.

Walaykum as salaam,

Yet again, we are blessed to have been given the opportunity to be entertained by your stories.

1.  Integral part of your plot!  Without fail, you must open your tales by portraying yourself as the victim.

2.  I will tell you why.  

First of all, misyar is not temporary, that is, it does not come with an expiration date.  

Secondly, and this is building on the first point that it is not temporary, misyar offers a solution for people who cannot afford to live on their own.  For example, girl and guy love each other but they are students.  Misyar allows them to get married and remain married while living with their parents until, of course, they are able to move out and have a place of their own.

And last but not least, misyar is not encouraged among Sunnis as is mutah among Shias.  If I were to enter a misyar contract, I would not attain the level of the first 3 Imams [ra] or of the Prophet [saw] as goes the Shia hadith which says that depending on the number of times you do mutah, you may attain the level of the Prophet [saw] or of the first 3 Imams [ra].  Sure, the narration may be metaphorical or even weak, perhaps rejected among Shias, but you do not find such narrations in Sunni texts in favor of misyar.

3.  Unfortunate indeed!  All my brothers on this website have never had a Sunni scholar, let alone layman, answer or refute them.  Maybe we should have had ShiaChat members take part in Al-Mustakillah debates.

4.  Still looking for the latest publication of "Misyar for Dummies"?

Edited by muslim720

Walaykum as salaam,

Yet again, we are blessed to have been given the opportunity to be entertained by your stories.

1.  Integral part of your plot!  Without fail, you must open your tales by portraying yourself as the victim.

2.  I will tell you why.  

First of all, misyar is not temporary, that is, it does not come with an expiration date.  

Secondly, and this is building on the first point that it is not temporary, misyar offers a solution for people who cannot afford to live on their own.  For example, girl and guy love each other but they are students.  Misyar allows them to get married and remain married while living with their parents until, of course, they are able to move out and have a place of their own.

And last but not least, misyar is not encouraged among Sunnis as is mutah among Shias.  If I were to enter a misyar contract, I would not attain the level of the first 3 Imams [ra] or of the Prophet [saw] as goes the Shia hadith which says that depending on the number of times you do mutah, you may attain the level of the Prophet [saw] or of the first 3 Imams [ra].  Sure, the narration may be metaphorical or even weak, perhaps rejected among Shias, but you do not find such narrations in Sunni texts in favor of misyar.

3.  Unfortunate indeed!  All my brothers on this website have never had a Sunni scholar, let alone layman, answer or refute them.  Maybe we should have had ShiaChat members take part in Al-Mustakillah debates.

You clearly don't know how misyar is used, do you think all the people on this site are looking to build a lasting relationship?

http://msyar.net/

http://www.msyar.org/

Walaykum as salaam,

2.  I will tell you why.  

Clear misconception. If you can read Arabic or understand Arabic, I can send you a video which answers this claim.

You clearly don't know how misyar is used, do you think all the people on this site are looking to build a lasting relationship?

http://msyar.net/

http://www.msyar.org/

Well, Islam is also not used like it should.  But does that undermine the foundations of it?  The rules of misyar are clear.  What you do with it is your business for which you will have to answer.  I have been told that some among Saudis make it such that if certain things happen then the nikah would be void and so they purposely do the things that would nullify the marriage to get out of it.

Clear misconception. If you can read Arabic or understand Arabic, I can send you a video which answers this claim.

Misconception or not, I did not rule out anything.  I mentioned that it could be metaphorical (meaning I may have misunderstood it), weak or rejected.  Point is, you won't find such praise - whether misunderstood or sound - in our texts for misyar.  There is also the 70,000 (more or less) angels praying for forgiveness for the one contracting mutah when he bathes.

Edited by muslim720

Salam 

why are you playing Mr victim in every thread you open ???

can you or anyone here show the similarities between Mutah and Misyar ? 

first of all it`s not temporary in nature, it`s not a 2 hour marriage bro it`s a full time commitment but if anyone is misusing it for evil then the blame solely lies on them.

secondly and more importantly it`s not something recommended by Sunni scholars in fact it`s prohibited by many unlike Muttah which is considered a highly rewarded good deed among it`s practitioners :S

Shaykh al-Albaani was asked about Misyaar marriage and he disallowed it for two reasons: 

(i)

That the purpose of marriage is repose as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And among His Signs is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect” [al-Room 30:21]. But this is not achieved in this kind of marriage. 

(ii)

It may be decreed that the husband has children with this woman, but because he is far away from her and rarely comes to her, that will be negatively reflected in his children’s upbringing and attitude. 

besides comparing it to muttah is injustice because Muttah takes place with the intention of Divorce in mind while Misyar marriage does not happens with the intention of divorce after a specific time and as we all know Allah subhana watala is very displeased with divorce. Misyar just like normal marriage but the difference is that the wife voluntarily gives up some of her rights to make the marriage easier on her husband but as i said it`s something which most of the scholars strongly discouraged and many infact ruled it out as haraam. 

to sum it up, Misyar is not temporary is nature nor it can violate the Sharia or it will become invalid, still many of the Scholars discourage it and many even prohibit it. which is why most of the Sunnis (like 90%) don`t even know what is Misyar marriage and it`s not practiced by the vast majority of Sunni Muslims so again using Misyar to justify Muttah (by saying why Sunnis don`t accept Mutah if they accept Misyar) is another desperate attempt to no avail. 

i hope it cleared some of the misunderstandings regarding it.