Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Journey of Truth

The Quran Of Imam Ali A.s

Rate this topic

Brothers and Sisters

I have seen a few topics about us Shia and I see that Sunnis keep running around in circles regarding this issue.

Please see the below video as it will help you understand it from an historical point of view.

Don't be ignorant, be a person who is open to the truth. 

Search for truth no matter where it is.

The Quran of Imam Ali a.s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X3b6nZiR78

May Allah swt show you the light .

What's funny is that they follow people that used to learn from the Ahlulbayt AS, whenever they didn't know something, they would always ask one of the Imams AS,

Something that's so clear, and in their own books, is the 'Calamity of Thursday', and many others,

If they just read their own books, they will see the light of the Ahlulbayt AS,

Imam Ali AS has divided people into three categories: “People are either scholars or students. The third group is comprised of those who are ever ready to respond to every call. They are like mosquitoes being swept away with the wind. They fly in the direction of the wind without anything like self-will.

Brothers and Sisters

I have seen a few topics about us Shia and I see that Sunnis keep running around in circles regarding this issue.

Please see the below video as it will help you understand it from an historical point of view.

Don't be ignorant, be a person who is open to the truth. 

Search for truth no matter where it is.

The Quran of Imam Ali a.s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X3b6nZiR78

i don`t understand how does that answers the question we have here brother. according to him the Quran of Ali(ra) he is talking about in this lecture was just in proper chronological order and had the tafsir with it. well if that was the case then why is so much importance given to the belief of Tahrif al-Quran (distortion) in shia islam ???

do you see the seriouness of this belief some of the shias hold against the Quran ??? it gives the non muslims a chance to attack the foundantions of Islam just like in this video 

so consider it again and explain what does it exactly meant by tahrif Al Quran in Shia beliefs ???

so consider it again and explain what does it exactly meant by tahrif Al Quran in Shia beliefs ???

Sometimes the word "tahrif”is used in some traditions, and it must be made clear that the meaning of this word is changing of something from its proper place to another place, like changing the right position of sentence, or giving it a meaning other than its true or intended meaning. Therefore, it has absolutely nothing to do with addition or subtraction from the text. It is thus with this meaning that the Qur’an states:

"Some of the Jews distort (yuharrifuna) words from their meaning”(Qur’an 4:46).

This meaning of "tahrif", i.e., changing of meaning or changing the context, as it appears in the Qur’an, has not only been applied in the Muslim community to the verses of the Qur’an but also to the ahadith of the Holy Prophet, even by rulers who have been prepared to use Islam to their own personal advantage. It is this "tahrif", with this meaning, that the Imams of Ahlul-Bayt have constantly sought to oppose. As one example, Imam al-Baqir (as) complained about the situation of the Muslims and their corrupt rulers, and said:

"One of the manifestations of their rejecting the Book (of Allah behind their backs) (see Qur’an 2:101) is that they have fixed its words. but they have altered the limits (of its command) (harrafu hududah). They have (correctly) narrated it, but they do not observe (what) it (says). Ignorant people delight in their preservation of its narration, but the knowledgeable people deplore their ignoring to observe (what) it (says)."

Shi’i references:

- al-Kafi, v8, p53

- al-Wafi, v5, p274 and v14, p214

This use of "tahrif”is taken as a definition for the word wherever it appears in the ahadith of the Imams, similar to what Qur’an (4:46) has used.

http://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/belief-shia-in-completeness-quran#qur’-compiled-imam-‘ali

Regards

Edited by skamran110