Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
quran-alhakeem

Dmt Right Before Death

Rate this topic

From what i know DMT is a chemical that the brain releases estimated at 5 to 10 minutes before death in which it causes the brain to experience a near death experience where there " soul" transcends the body. According to studies and people's personal experiences is that the chemical DMT can slow time extremely to the individual who is experiencing it so what wold be 5 to 10 minutes on earth can feel like eternity to the person. Furthermore DMT puts a person in a dream like state where anything they desire will be in front of them and can do anything physically that there human body couldn't do. DO you guys think this the missing link between this world and the after?

From what i know DMT is a chemical that the brain releases estimated at 5 to 10 minutes before death in which it causes the brain to experience a near death experience where there " soul" transcends the body. According to studies and people's personal experiences is that the chemical DMT can slow time extremely to the individual who is experiencing it so what wold be 5 to 10 minutes on earth can feel like eternity to the person. Furthermore DMT puts a person in a dream like state where anything they desire will be in front of them and can do anything physically that there human body couldn't do. DO you guys think this the missing link between this world and the after?

Very possible, but it is probably one of numerous links. The soul is definitely connected to the physical body and the physical body is extremely complex. I read somewhere that during sleep, the soul leaves the body and wanders around though still connected to the body. This is like a death of some sort of the body. When we sleep, we lose conscious control of muscles such as in death.

Salaams,

This is indeed a very interesting topic. To the OP: Have you read DMT: The Spirit Molecule by any chance? If not, I would very highly recommend it!

I've always been fascinated by the idea that the human brain is (among other things) basically a giant drug making (and taking) machine. The brain/body can/does produce and consume substances which have analogues in the external world, substances comparable to THC, amphetamines, opiates, tryptamines, etc...I can't help but wonder what sort of effect the consumption of these drugs have had on our development as a species; I've read somewhere that the consumption of psilocybin mushrooms by our distant ancestors had profound impacts of the development of human civilization as we know it, most especially in the areas of communication and spirituality (speech and religion).

I've also read somewhere that such substances are so powerful that their consumption can also permanently alter brain activity (some previously dormant areas of the brain become active and other previously active areas of the brain are essentially shut off). How in the world does that work?

Allahu A'alam

WS  

Interesting.

Of course all scientific research on this and similar matters will:

- Not receive mainstream funding. May receive secret funding. A private research by a Western psychologist has already monitored ultra and infra sound spectrum in graveyards among other research and the results have been suppressed. Similarly, those with very high top secret clearance (like Ed Snowden because he was a system admin) already have access to all the data and can relate and blow the whistle but Ed Snowden sort of people with conscience are filtered out during recruitment and so are extinct in the ranks and files of government machinery dealing with sensitive informations.

Secondly, the results of the findings will be misleading because publicly available science still hasn't been able to "find" and analyze the paranormal or metaphysical entity called the soul or spirit of a person. If this were a free world populated by a rational specie other than human beings then such ideal answers would have been found and disclosed to public long ago.

So without knowledge of the soul and how it interfaces with the physical brain and instead basing conclusions upon a study concerning DMT and the brain waves alone can be completely misleading. It would be like expecting to charge a cell phone directly with mains power. Sure there is also electricity in the mains as there is electricity at the output of the charger but its not the same thing.

Speaking of which, I'm quite sure that they will try to use DMT as the culprit producing the spiritual hallucination of those who have experienced and testify to the "out of body" existence.

Very possible, but it is probably one of numerous links. The soul is definitely connected to the physical body and the physical body is extremely complex. I read somewhere that during sleep, the soul leaves the body and wanders around though still connected to the body. This is like a death of some sort of the body. When we sleep, we lose conscious control of muscles such as in death.

Very interesting topic. 

We need some more research on this I think by all members in order to be able to have a much better understanding. 

Good topic quran-alhakeem

(salam)

Here you can get few hadeeth on Souls, how it is attached?, how it travels?

http://discovershiaislam.blogspot.in/2014/02/soul-dreams-and-interpretation.html

(wasalam)

DMT doesnt explain the similaries you find in NDE experiences. I dont know that much about recreational drug taking, but i am familiar with the work of Terrence McKenna and it seems that people who take DMT have a far wider variety of experiences (different kinds of experience with a wide variety of themes) than people who experience NDE's do. It also seems that people who take DMT are comfortable with using the word 'hallucination' in a way that NDE'rs arent. DMTs presence in the brain also doesnt account for veridical perception in NDE's, where people describe what they witnessed during experiences of non-loal consciousness that is then verified by people who were also witnesses at the location.