In the Name of God بسم الله

فنون الكلام (فنون الرد)

• Veteran Member

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

وصلَّ الله على سيدنا محمد وال بيته الطيبين الطاهرين

السلام عليكم

I have been thinking and trying to search for something that would teach me how to respond to some Arabic sayings (mostly dialect based) but have found nothing. So I am turning to the brothers and sisters in Shiachat to help me.

I listen to one of الشيخ جعفر الابراهيمي 's lectures and he stated something that I see not only in other people but I see it in myself. He said that the way you see teenagers reply to each other or to people older than them is extremely weak and different than how they used to speak previously. He said that a 13 year old back in the day would speak just like his elders (responses, confidence, etc.).

I have no problem with confidence, it is simply the response that eats me up. I'll give you an example. Whenever my dad calls me he'd say:

عاش من يسمع صوتك

And I'd simply ask him how he's doing since I have no idea how to reply to that. 

Another example I have seen on TV is someone going around and testing teenagers or men in their early 20s during العيد.

He'd tell them:

من العايدين و الفايزين

And most of them would stare at him blankly or just move away from the camera.

(Watch it here)

Basically, what I am trying to ask is how or where can I learn speak/reply properly. I know that previously, kids used to spend so much time with their fathers and their tribes (Beduin) and they'd hear their parents speak and learn from it. I can't do that mainly because my father was never the type of guy to go to gatherings or sit around to converse.

والسلام عليكم