Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Gibrael

Thinking Of Opening An Islamic Bookstore

Rate this topic

(salam)

Im thinking of opening an Islamic bookstore, Inshallah. Do you guys know any wholesalers/publishers that can and do ship to the US? Any advice? I come from a completely different line of work but think this would be great for both myself and the community. Thank you for any advice.

(salam)

sallam alykum, Make sure you make an online store as well to sell worldwide. Even sell on amazon.

Ansariyan Publications is a large Shia publisher that is based in Iran I believe. Almost 80% of Shia books I come across are from ansariyan publications. http://ansariyan.ir/

Contact them and see if they have a wholesale pricing.

(salam)

1] I was thinking the same 15 years ago and then read in a business pub that book stores have a hard time and usually do not "make it".

Then a couple of years later, I read about "Little Professor" and another store chain going out of business.

2] Since you also want to do an Islamic book store, and compete with IBS and others, you need to avoid getting overstocked. That way you do not have money sunk into things that will not move.

3] Check with Iran's department for the Propagation of the Faith to see if they can be a source for re-sales. The Saudis have a going business but I do not know if they could be a link to some sources too.