Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mikael

A Flat File Database For Shia Killing In Pakistan

Rate this topic

(bismillah)
(salam)

I am planning on developing an application that would generate visualisation/graphs depicting how much Shi'as have been killed in Pakistan, and are being killed daily. My hope is that developing such applications would make the problems Shi'as face in Pakistan more pronounced to the 'outsiders'.

However, to ensure that we achieve the aforesaid objective, we would need to:

1. Ensure that the app developed presents the data effectively (using appropriate visualisation) and convey our problems concisely.

2. Ensure that the data we have that is fed to the app is regularly maintained.

I am currently working on step 1: I have a skeleton of the app, and I am still refining it. I hope to start materialising the idea soon.

For step 2: I collected an Excel sheet which was compiled by Let Us Rebuild Pakistan. However, after I tried cleaning this data, I did not find it to be fit for purpose, since the total number of Shi'as killed in previous years as per the website did not match the data. 

Therefore, my request is: would user(s) from this site like to volunteer so that we create a similar CSV file containing relevant data, store it online, and keep it maintained (updating it once or twice a week)?

Many thanks.

(wasalam)