Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why I Will Never Be A Muslim...

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Hello,

Just wanted to spell out a number of different reasons why I will never be a Muslim:

First, I ABSOLUTELY DO "submit to the will of God".  However, Muslims will disagree, and that's fine -- because we disagree on what is the will of God.

I submit to the will of God of Christianity WILLINGLY -- NOT because I'm being FORCED to convert to Islam and worship Allah, under threat of a forced tax (Qur'an 9:29) or death (multiple verses in the Qur'an). 

I submit to the will of God because the God of Christianity LOVES ME -- I haven't seen a single verse that says Allah loves his people (can someone show me a verse in the Qur'an that says Allah loves you?)

I submit to the will of God because the God of Christianity has PROMISED me salvation simply because I believe in Jesus Christ and try my best, as a sinner, to follow in His footsteps (Romans 10:9-10) -- to my knowledge, Muslims have NO promise of Heaven (unless they die killing "unbelievers"). 

I submit to the will of God because the God of Christianity -- Jesus Christ -- is ALIVE, risen from the dead and appearing in bodily form to hundreds of people after His crucifixion, death on the cross and burial in a sealed tomb before being raised up to Heaven before their eyes.  The prophet of Islam is long since dead and gone. 

I submit to the will of God because the God of Christianity -- Jesus Christ -- never hurt anyone...  He healed the sick, comforted the weak and the weary, and LOVED people into the kingdom of God.  The prophet of Islam was a fighter and a warrior, FORCING people to convert or die, and if I'm not mistaken, if he didn't actively participate, he at least was present and approved of the beheading of hundreds of Jews during the attack at Banu Quraya.  God's truth doesn't need to be forced upon people, only false teachings have to be forced upon people. 

I submit to the will of God because the Bible -- God's Word -- is the ONLY book in the world that people are being killed for believing.  Knowing how evil Satan is, and knowing how Satan will stop at nothing to corrupt, pervert and destroy God's Word, the fact that there is so much hatred of the Bible in the world, to the point where it is the ONLY book in the world that people are murdered simply for believing -- that's all the proof I need to know that it is indeed the Word of God.

Peace,

The Rock   <><

• Advanced Member

We Muslims also don't really have much of a need for you to join us nor does Islam suffer simply because  you do not follow it.

+1

The fast growing religion of the world hardly suffers from one person refusing to join.

• Advanced Member

lol those people that give out their "opinion" without being asked :p are in need of much attention...

Anyway thank you, what you just said will change the lives of many I'm sure.... to search into Islam and become Muslims :) just like the many attempts of people who want to make Islam look different than what it is... the results are clear.

Truth stands out clear from error. Qur'an 2:256

Peace. 

1-  The Mercy and Forgiveness of Allah Almighty on Mankind:

I first of all would like to start this beautiful topic about Allah Almighty's Mercy by showing this Saying from our beloved Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him:

Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, 'When Allah completed the creation, He wrote in His Book which is with Him on His Throne, 'My Mercy overpowers My Anger.' '  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Beginning of Creation, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 416)"

There are ample Noble Verses from the Noble Quran that talk about Allah Almighty's Mercy and Forgiveness.  In fact, when I check the index in the back of the Noble Quran that I have, I find that there are tons of references of Noble Verses that talk about Allah Almighty's Mercy and Forgiveness.  Without exaggeration, just by looking at the references, I would say there are at least 100 Noble Verses.

Let us look at few of them that I selected:

"Say: "To whom belongeth all that is in the heavens and on earth?" Say: "To God. He hath inscribed for Himself (the rule of) Mercy. That He will gather you together for the Day of Judgment, there is no doubt whatever. It is they who have lost their own souls, that will not believe.  (The Noble Quran, 6:12)"

Disbelievers' sins will be all forgiven for them when they embrace Islam: "Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from unbelief), their past would be forgiven for them; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning for them).  (The Noble Quran, 8:38)"

"The Lord of the heavens and the earth, and all between,- Exalted in Might, able to enforce His Will, forgiving again and again.   (The Noble Quran, 38:66)"

If we are sincere, our daily sins are almost always forgiven:  "Those who avoid great sins and shameful deeds, only (falling into) small faults,- verily thy Lord is ample in forgiveness. He knows you well when He brings you out of the earth, And when ye are hidden in your mothers' wombs. Therefore justify not yourselves: He knows best who it is that guards against evil.  (The Noble Quran, 53:32)"

If you ask Allah Almighty for forgiveness, then He'll forgive you: "If any one does evil or wrongs his own soul but afterwards seeks God's forgiveness, he will find God Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.  (The Noble Quran, 4:110)"

If you are grateful to Allah Almighty, then He'll give you more: "And remember! your Lord caused to be declared (publicly): 'If ye are grateful, I will add more (favours) unto you; But if ye show ingratitude, truly My punishment is terrible indeed.'  (The Noble Quran, 14:7)"

Be sure that Allah Almighty is always Willing to forgive all of your sins:  "Say: 'O my Servants who Have transgressed against their souls!  Despair not of the Mercy of Allah:  for Allah forgives all sins for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.  (The Noble Quran, 39:53)"

The use of the word "Say" in this Noble Verse means that Allah Almighty wants us to always remind each others by reciting this Noble Verse to those who need it.

Allah Almighty accepts our many sins: "If God were to punish men according to what they deserve, He would not leave on the back of the (earth) a single living creature: but He gives them respite for a stated Term: when their Term expires, verily God has in His sight all His Servants.  (The Noble Quran, 35:45)"

Allah Almighty is our friend and He is close and listens:

"Your (real) friends are God, His Apostle, and the (fellowship of) believers,- those who establish regular prayers and regular charity, and they bow down humbly (in worship).  (The Noble Quran, 5:55)"

"Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to God, does good, and follows the way of Abraham the true in Faith? For God did take Abraham for a friend.  (The Noble Quran, 4:125)"

Allah Almighty is close and He listens to our prayers: "When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.  (The Noble Quran, 2:186)"

Edited by Tawheed313

I submit to the will of God of Christianity WILLINGLY -- NOT because I'm being FORCED to convert to Islam and worship Allah, under threat of a forced tax (Qur'an 9:29) or death (multiple verses in the Qur'an).

The general human consensus is that of following any ideology willingly, it is called free will or choice. There are instances within the world, where, men of all faiths, are forced to adhere to the principles of powerful authorities, from which they can escape. If not, the natural human law is that of practicing it in secret. A well known concept you must be aware of his Taqiya. Currently you reside in the USA, where you pay a forced tax on a system that is not christian, called democrazy. If you do not pay it, you can become homeless or in imprisoned. Both can lead to death.

I submit to the will of God because the God of Christianity LOVES ME -- I haven't seen a single verse that says Allah loves his people (can someone show me a verse in the Qur'an that says Allah loves you?)

The very first verse of the Qur’an is In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. Islam believes that “His Mercy is before His wrath”.

[Pickthal 5:42] Listeners for the sake of falsehood! Greedy for illicit gain! If then they have recourse unto thee (Muhammad) judge between them or disclaim jurisdiction. If thou disclaimest jurisdiction, then they cannot harm thee at all. But if thou judgest, judge between them with equity. Lo! Allah loveth the equitable.

[Pickthal 3:76] Nay, but (the chosen of Allah is) he who fulfilleth his pledge and wardeth off (evil); for lo! Allah loveth those who ward off (evil).

[Pickthal 9:108] Never stand (to pray) there. A place of worship which was found upon duty (to Allah) from the first day is more worthy that thou shouldst stand (to pray) therein, wherein are men who love to purify themselves. Allah loveth the purifiers.

I submit to the will of God because the God of Christianity has PROMISED me salvation simply because I believe in Jesus Christ and try my best, as a sinner, to follow in His footsteps (Romans 10:9-10) -- to my knowledge, Muslims have NO promise of Heaven (unless they die killing "unbelievers").

illogical statement. Many muslims have reached old age and died natural deaths, while having lived peaceful lives and no unbelibers were harmed in the making of their lives.

[Pickthal 11:23] Lo! those who believe and do good works and humble themselves before their Lord: such are rightful owners of the Garden; they will abide therein.

[Pickthal 64:9] The day when He shall gather you unto the Day of Assembling, that will be a day of mutual disillusion. And whoso believeth in Allah and doeth right, He will remit from him his evil deeds and will bring him unto Gardens underneath which rivers flow, therein to abide for ever. That is the supreme triumph.

Last two points, I am not even going to waste my time answering them.

• Veteran Member

Hello,

Just wanted to spell out a number of different reasons why I will never be a Muslim:

First, I ABSOLUTELY DO "submit to the will of God".  However, Muslims will disagree, and that's fine -- because we disagree on what is the will of God.

I submit to the will of God because the God of Christianity -- Jesus Christ -- is ALIVE, risen from the dead and appearing in bodily form to hundreds of people after His crucifixion, death on the cross and burial in a sealed tomb before being raised up to Heaven before their eyes.  The prophet of Islam is long since dead and gone. 

I submit to the will of God because the God of Christianity -- Jesus Christ -- never hurt anyone...  He healed the sick, comforted the weak and the weary, and LOVED people into the kingdom of God.  The prophet of Islam was a fighter and a warrior, FORCING people to convert or die, and if I'm not mistaken, if he didn't actively participate, he at least was present and approved of the beheading of hundreds of Jews during the attack at Banu Quraya.  God's truth doesn't need to be forced upon people, only false teachings have to be forced upon people. 

I submit to the will of God because the Bible -- God's Word -- is the ONLY book in the world that people are being killed for believing.  Knowing how evil Satan is, and knowing how Satan will stop at nothing to corrupt, pervert and destroy God's Word, the fact that there is so much hatred of the Bible in the world, to the point where it is the ONLY book in the world that people are murdered simply for believing -- that's all the proof I need to know that it is indeed the Word of God.

Peace,

The Rock   <><

i do feel your statement would have had more impact if you had researched your points more carefully.  Instead it demonstrates the great need for interfaith dialogue because even after being on this site for so long it appears you have learnt very little 

• Veteran Member

Salams,

What does 'Gods love' mean to you?

• Basic Members

Bismillah Ar Rahman Ar Raheem.
(In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful).

^ Every verse in the Quran starts with that phrase. And every Muslim strives to begin everything He does with it. Indeed, we strive never to forget our Lord is the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As salamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu - May the, peace, the mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you.

^ Every Muslim is enjoined to greet every other Muslim (if not everyone) with that. And every Muslim is enjoined to respond with wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu - and upon you be Allah's peace, mercy and blessings. I extend that greeting to you.

Allah is Al Wadud, Al Ghaffar and Al Ghaffur. The Loving, the All Forgiving and the Ever Forgiving. 

First of all, let me congratulate you on reading some of the Quran, regardless of the fact that you misunderstood it. Now allow me the privilege of quoting and elaborating.

"And He alone is truly forgiving, all-embracing in his love"(85:14)
"There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing."(2:256)
"For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."(109:6)
Say [O Muhammad (s)]: “To whom belongs all that is in the heavens and the earth?” Say: “To Allah. He has prescribed mercy for Himself… (6:12)
Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."(39:53)

The Quran is induspitably the word of God. Those are only a few of the Quranic verses on Allah's love and mercy. The Hadith, which you may regard as authentic or not, have innumerably more narratives on it.

As for (9:69), iqra (read), my friend:
http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/quran_929_commentary

Your "belief" in the resurrection of Jesus, a miracle for "all" to witness, is inherently inferior to the Quran. Let me explain why. In Islam, we believe every Prophet has a miracle/miracles. Jesus, or Prophet Isa (AS), a highly revered Messenger, had his miracles. But the Prophet (SAW), was given the greatest miracle of all. An immortal, ever changing miracle, for all to ponder and witness, across every generation. The Holy Quran, in its linguistic, scientific, moral miraculousness (the irony that I talk about linguistic miracles and am using a word that doesn't exist) and glory.

Speaking of the Prophet (SAW), he was the paragon of a military general. Islam is NOT pacifist. It is peaceful. 
Watch:

And again, iqra, my friend:
http://www.islamicity.com/articles/articles.asp?ref=IV0603-2947&p=2
There are numerous HISTORICAL accounts of the Prophet (SAW)'s mercy and justice on the battlefield. Read textbooks on the wars between Muslims and non Muslims - even written by non Muslims. He forgave men who tortured him and his brethren. And you accuse him of being a barbarian?

There is no "your God" or "my God". There is only one God. Return to the God of the Scriptures, my friend. Become a brother. We are willing to teach what we know, and if you're willing to open your heart, Allah will guide you, in sha Allah.
And Allah knows best. I wish you the best.

To me there is no other book other then Quran that emphasizes receiving unseen honorable sustenance from remembrance of God by way of connecting to him with acts of firm standing, bowing in humility, praying, and prostrating to his unity, and connecting to him through the Unseen connectors (the Guides) in the Unseen spiritual world then the Quran. It also connects this leadership with the social aspect of fighting injustice and working to establish good and justice on earth.

The Bible doesn't seem to be a book about travelling to God too much like Quran is.

Also, the bible description of it's chosen Prophets doesn't seem to befit the status of the best of humans. They do deeds worse then most of humanity would ever do!

That said, to each his own. I use to think I would never believe in Islam again, but, here I am, a follower of Islam.

• Advanced Member

Someone clearly has a very biased view of Islam and just listens to what the news in America pumps out instead of actually reading and learning the truth. Islam won't be hurting if you or millions like you don't join. You wont affect Allah or Islam an iota if you don't join or even if you hate it. Even if all humans and jinns decide to not become Muslim or leave Islam it wont affect Allah at all. We're the ones in need of him not vice versa. But thank you for showing us what you really think about Muslims and Islam. I'm pretty sure everyone appreciates it.

:D

(bismillah)

Brothers and sisters, I cannot help but feel that this thread is another one started by someone who likes to provoke a reaction from Muslims.  Based on the bias I have read, I believe that there is an agenda to stir us up and to provoke hostile responses.  Let us never say a thing that disgraces or casts a negative light on Allah (Glorified and exalted is He above all they associate with Him), the Deen of Islam, the Holy Prophet (PBUH), the Imams (AS), or on ourselves.  We have already tried to have a dialogue with this individual and that has proven fruitless.

We will all be called to account on the Judgment Day.  Let us not tarnish our record by speaking harshly, whether provoked or not.  Surely that is the work of shaytan...

(wasalam)

R

• Veteran Member

Let us not tarnish our record by speaking harshly, whether provoked or not. 

You are right but I think there is one point that needs to be cleared up.

It is not SR's fault that he doesn't understand verse [9:29].

The verse is indeed widely misconstrued by devious critics and by the ignorant among men who follow them blindly.

There is no tax in the history of the world that was to be paid voluntarily.

Taxes are an undesirable obligation in every day and age. 

But the idea of this tax is not to force anyone to convert to Islam but just to pay for services that are being provided by the State.

It is supposed to be charged on non-Muslims.

Isn't it fair that everyone should pay for the services that the State provides?

The amount of the tax is arbitrary, and is not supposed to be a burden.

Muslims pay a much higher tax in terms of  ZAKAT, KHUMS and SADQA.

There were occasions when the Prophet himself waived the obligation, in individual cases. 

There is ABSOLUTELY no threat of any sort.

multiple verses in the Qur'an. 

Please quote your multiple verses. 

We Muslims also don't really have much of a need for you to join us nor does Islam suffer simply because  you do not follow it.

I think SR is not the only person who feels this way .

In the current tide of anti-Islam fever, people have more gripes against Islam than all other religions combined.

All based on propaganda, of course. 

• Veteran Member

Hello,

I think SR is not the only person who feels this way .

In the current tide of anti-Islam fever, people have more gripes against Islam than all other religions combined.

All based on propaganda, of course. 

I disagree.  It is not all based on "propaganda." 

People look at the behavior of individuals who call themselves Muslim.   They look at the state of affairs in modern Islamic countries.  I think this is how the majority of opinions are formed.

And, this is not unique to Islam.  It happens to all groups. 

All the Best,
David

• Veteran Member

People look at the behaviour of individuals who call themselves Muslim.   

That too.

But the behaviour of the "faithful" is not a good indicator because the  "faithful" are not truly "faithful".

Besides, the "behaviour" problem is only recent.

The stigmatization of Islam pre-dates the "behaviour" problem by several centuries with tainted information and the generalization of disputed historical data.

• Advanced Member

Hello,

Peace,

The Rock   <><

Which one of the many different versions of the Bible are you taking about? I have so far been thru over 18 different versions that contain gloom and doom.

Maybe the version of the Bible you have read is different from the multiple versions of the Bible 99.99999999999999999999%  of Christianity read today ?

Please enlighten us.

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

Brothers and sisters, I cannot help but feel that this thread is another one started by someone who likes to provoke a reaction from Muslims.  Based on the bias I have read, I believe that there is an agenda to stir us up and to provoke hostile responses.  Let us never say a thing that disgraces or casts a negative light on Allah (Glorified and exalted is He above all they associate with Him), the Deen of Islam, the Holy Prophet (pbuh), the Imams (as), or on ourselves.  We have already tried to have a dialogue with this individual and that has proven fruitless.

We will all be called to account on the Judgment Day.  Let us not tarnish our record by speaking harshly, whether provoked or not.  Surely that is the work of shaytan...

(wasalam)

R

Agreed up until the last line. 

OP has his right to his opinion, (based on truth or not), but look how many people posted that haven't posted here before. Nobody has gone overboard in their posts, but to see more people here is kinda cool. 

What you see from the OP is pretty much a standard opinion of Christians, and the secular world. They don't have to be true, but they are there because the media put them there, (opinions).

Most don't see what the US has done to the middle East, nor that ISIS is a by product of that, like taliban, al-qaida, etc. Most names non existent before the Americans created them. 

The Americans are now losing face on their home turf as historians are starting to reveal the real American history which is contrary to what has been taught in schools for the last century. So much for treating past presidents like Imams, the true colours are coming out and the main colour is blood red. I predict a big rebellion against the establishment this year. 

I have challenged Americans in the past. "You know you live in the greatest country in the world, and know it all the way to your State line...which you have never crossed." and they shut up, why? It starts in grade 1. The US of A is the best and they have allies who hope to someday be Americans or very jealous enemies. They graduate with American (heroic) history, and not a shred of what happens in the rest of the world, nor the real world.

Yes, tainted historical data, but look now...It is estimated that only 15% of Islam is radical...does it matter how many are peaceful? 15% is a LOT of people. That's a conglomerate of half the population of the USA with a bad attitude, and guns. It's hard to argue the 85% peaceful, even when we know they are there, they are irrelevant to what's happening in the world today. 

J.O.T., let's not talk about "versions" k.

• Advanced Member

Hello,

I disagree.  It is not all based on "propaganda." 

People look at the behavior of individuals who call themselves Muslim.   They look at the state of affairs in modern Islamic countries.  I think this is how the majority of opinions are formed.

And, this is not unique to Islam.  It happens to all groups. 

All the Best,
David

Actually it is based on propaganda against all religions especially Islam.  The state of affairs in these Islamic countries is the direct result of interference by other countries in order to exploit the land of its resources and keep the people residing there behind in order to gain these resources for cheap. And looking at the behavior of Muslims? Please don't make anyone here laugh. You can look at the behavior of any group of people and make generalized assumptions that are very very negative. No one looks at the behavior of Muslims they look at the behavior of extremists who were paid to act that way.

Read. My advice to you is Read.

• Veteran Member

Hello,

Actually it is based on propaganda against all religions especially Islam.  The state of affairs in these Islamic countries is the direct result of interference by other countries in order to exploit the land of its resources and keep the people residing there behind in order to gain these resources for cheap. And looking at the behavior of Muslims? Please don't make anyone here laugh. You can look at the behavior of any group of people and make generalized assumptions that are very very negative. No one looks at the behavior of Muslims they look at the behavior of extremists who were paid to act that way.

This "explanation" is sooooo old and soooo overused.  Are Islamic societies so fragile and helpless they can not, as you contest, break free from exploitation by "evil foreign forces?"

And looking at the behavior of Muslims? Please don't make anyone here laugh. You can look at the behavior of any group of people and make generalized assumptions that are very very negative. No one looks at the behavior of Muslims they look at the behavior of extremists who were paid to act that way.

Read. My advice to you is Read.

Not true.  Many will view this discussion and form an opinion.  Are you a Muslim?

Thank you for advising me to read.  But, my Father gave me this bit of advice long before you did.  And, it is advice I took to heart.  If I may give you some advice, travel.

All the Best,

David

• Advanced Member

Hello,

This "explanation" is sooooo old and soooo overused.  Are Islamic societies so fragile and helpless they can not, as you contest, break free from exploitation by "evil foreign forces?"

Not true.  Many will view this discussion and form an opinion.  Are you a Muslim?

Thank you for advising me to read.  But, my Father gave me this bit of advice long before you did.  And, it is advice I took to heart.  If I may give you some advice, travel.

All the Best,

David

The explanation is still valid regardless of how much it is used and how old it may be. By your logic anything that is used alot or is old or both is not valid anymore, not a good excuse. And when you pay people to destroy a place from within than no people can not break away as they are busy fighting multiple enemies on multiple fronts. You cant form a country that is strong when you have parties within that country trying to ruin it. It just doesn't work. You can't win when people sell you out.

Yes people will form and opinion on whatever topics are discussed here but only few. The majority look to the "news" and form their opinions off of whats on there. 

And I have traveled to lots of different countries and cultures. It's the same story everywhere. 

• Advanced Member

Thanks to all of you who took the time to respond -- may the peace and love of the Lord Jesus Christ be upon you.

A few of my questions were never answered, or if they were, I missed the answers:

What exactly happened at Banu Qurayza? Did the Jews attack Muhammad first, or was Muhammad out spreading the love of Allah, and when the Jews wouldn't convert, they were killed? What exactly happened there, and who started that battle? I honestly don't know, so please enlighten me and cite your sources... I'm truly interested in hearing the Muslim version of the story.

Further, according to Islam, did Muhammad personally kill anyone? Did he personally order or approve of anyone being killed?

Finally, according to Islam, did Jesus ever kill anyone or order / approve of their execution?

As always, please provide the sources for your answers so I can do some research.

(And for the record, my refusal to ever embrace Islam is based on the fact that many of its claims fly in the face of centuries of recorded history regarding events like the covenant between God and Isaac, the crucifixion and death of Jesus on the cross, God's deep love and affection for the Jewish peopke, etc. Many Muslims have told me that the Bible is corrupted and can't be trusted, but no Muslim has ever been able to produce a copy of a scripture dating from before this alleged corruption occurred... the whole Koran story sounds fishy and simply doesn't mesh with the thousands of years of recorded history before it -- but instead of doing the logical thing and questioning why the Koran conflicts so starkly with recorded history, we're expected to do the illogical thing and discard centuries of recorded history and blindly embrace the Koran because Muhammad said so. Sorry, not for me... the Bible clearly states that after His resurrection from the dead, many false prophets would arise. I'm quite sure I know who at least one of them was.

Peace,

The Rock <><

• Advanced Member

The prophet of Islam was a fighter and a warrior, FORCING people to convert or die, and if I'm not mistaken, if he didn't actively participate, he at least was present and approved of the beheading of hundreds of Jews during the attack at Banu Quraya.  God's truth doesn't need to be forced upon people, only false teachings have to be forced upon people. 

The Rock   <><

I thought I'll point out that the massacre of the Jewish tribe was not religiously motivated. But it still makes you wonder if a true prophet of God would commit such a deed. I know I couldn't.