Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Asalamu Alaikum sisters,

Hajj Hassanain Rajabali is in Sydney for the Fatimiyya now and I really want to go see his lectures, I'v been looking forward to it for a while,

I'v heard that a female can't go into a Masjid when she has her periods, but she can go into a Hussainiya,

Is that true? Has anyone asked any Marjah before,

There are varying opinions. Ask you marja.

Definitely you could sit and stay in an Islamic center during that time. There are very few actual dedicated mosques in the west.

My marjah will stay a few days to reply, and the lecture is tomorrow,

I was thinking of just going, but then I feel guilty because it might be haram,

If the lecture is in a husseynia, you definitely can go. You will have to step out or stand awkwardly out of the way when the prayer time comes. Only an actual dedicated mosque might be an issue depending on your marja.

I read something about this a long time ago. I don't remember exactly what the conditions were but I recall that it was okay to go in and listen to the lecture, but you had to be in a separate room or place during prayer time. Unfortunately I don't remember if this applied to a Masjid or Hussainiya :( 

If the lecture is in a husseynia, you definitely can go. You will have to step out or stand awkwardly out of the way when the prayer time comes. Only an actual dedicated mosque might be an issue depending on your marja.

I read something about this a long time ago. I don't remember exactly what the conditions were but I recall that it was okay to go in and listen to the lecture, but you had to be in a separate room or place during prayer time. Unfortunately I don't remember if this applied to a Masjid or Hussainiya :(

Thank u for the advice sisters, the lecture is in a actual Masjid, not Hussainiya, I spoke with a local Sheikh, he said that it's Haram to go into the Masjid, he said all Marjahs say the same thing on this, and he also said reading Quran is Makrooh, so if we do decide to read Quran then we can't touch the words,

Edited by zeinab94