Sign in to follow this  
Khalilallah

Haji For The Sake Of People

Rate this topic

I remember this man in Afghanistan who could not write his own name, he was cruel to his own wife and children and mother, he displeased his brother, he usurped the property of his orphan nephew, he usurped some of our land. 

Yet he is a Hajji, the people in his local area, his relatives, they are poor and in need. He does not let his children go to school because he wants them to work for money. 

What was the reason for his Hajj? so he could get involved in the decision making of his tribe, when he became Hajji, he was then invited to be one of the "elders" in the local community because he was a Hajji now. 

So it makes me wonder if these kinds of Hajj are even accepted?

There are also other people in Afghanistan and some in the UK, who are the most untrustworthy and deviant individuals yet they are still Hajji, they go around using their name to mislead people and gain their trust so that they may loot them. 

Should we even give credit to anyone for being a Hajji? Hajj is an act of worship, shouldn't it be for Allah and not for people? If it is for Allah then why praise Hajjis so much and give them special places in society?

So now when I hear praises saying "Oh Hajji Fulan" I just think "even Shabnam Suraya has become a Hajji".  :lol: ( I didn't know Shabnam Suraya until one friend of mine made fun of Hajjis and used this person as an example, just Google or Youtube her name and you will see what kind of a person she is. 

Does it really surprise you that much? Hajj is an action that can be performed without actualizing the inward esoteric realities, just like Salah, Zakat, Fasting etc. Most of the Wahhabis are no different from the man you just described, at least in my experience. 

In my opinion, this saint-like veneration of Hajjis is more of a cultural thing. My dad's performed the Hajj 3 times and he doesn't use the title "Hajji" before his name. He thinks using it means purposefully letting others know that you've gone on the pilgrimage. It becomes a show, and a friend to one's ego. I kind of agree with him. 

Salam.

Mithrandir.

Hajj is act of worship. If someone is worshiping Allah but during the act, thinks of someone else or with the intention to get fame or praised is shirk. 

Because while worshiping, your intention is not purely for Allah but others are included too.

Quality over Quantity Mate.

Ya Ali Madad.  

Salam, 

Sadly nothing seems the same. There is not really much modesty left. Hajj has become like a vacation. People go there, they stay in lavish 5 star hotels and spend thousands of dollars, and when they come home, most of the conversation isn't even about the Hajj itself but complaints or compliments about the hotels  and food and service etc. Very unfortunate that it is the same thing with Ziyarat of Imam Hussain(AS). 

Brothers and Sisters, let us not become greedy. Inshallah we are all better than that. Let us be careful at all times. :)

(wasalam)  

Edited by Follower_Of_Truth

At least that man has fulfilled one of his wajib responsibilities and you might not know the good things he has done in his life. All you recall now are the bad things he has done. 

At least that man has fulfilled one of his wajib responsibilities and you might not know the good things he has done in his life. All you recall now are the bad things he has done. 

I am not saying he has done a bad thing by going Hajj, my point is why does he wear 2 rings on each finger and treats people arrogantly just because he went to Hajj.

Edited by Khalilallah

I am not saying he has done a bad thing by going Hajj, my point is why does he wear 2 rings on each finger and treats people arrogantly just because he went to Hajj.

You misunderstood what I said. I'm not saying that Hajj is a bad thing. If you are familiar with the book about Greater Sins, then you will know that not giving importance to Hajj is one of the greater sins.

http://www.al-islam.org/greater-sins-volume-3-ayatullah-sayyid-abd-al-husayn-dastghayb-shirazi/thirty-eighth-greater-sin-not

If the link does not work for you, please refresh that page and it should load properly. InshaAllah

Edited by hameedeh
Adding link.

Hajj is act of worship. If someone is worshiping Allah but during the act, thinks of someone else or with the intention to get fame or praised is shirk.

Because while worshiping, your intention is not purely for Allah but others are included too.

Quality over Quantity Mate.

Ya Ali Madad.

I don't think that's true, sometimes in Salah we don't focus, does that mean I committed shirk? lol. Shirk is if u put a partner with Allah or worship other than Allah.

I don't think that's true, sometimes in Salah we don't focus, does that mean I committed shirk? lol. Shirk is if u put a partner with Allah or worship other than Allah.

Salam.

What's causing you not to focus? Thoughts of a job, a woman, dunya, stress related issues? By not paying attention to Allah when you're performing salah, you're indirectly giving more importance to the aforementioned things. We are all guilty of it at one point or another in our lives. The mystics have called this the "idolatry of the heart" or "the subtle idolatry".

I think that's what brother Follower_Of_Truth meant.

Edited by Mithrandir