Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
nabiiilabee

Any Book Recommendations For Converts/reverts?

Rate this topic

try Vision of Islam by William Chittick and Sachiko Murata, 

and Shi'a by Allama Tabatabai

that is a good general and a more specific book that I recommend to everyone interested in Islam... non-Muslims, convert/reverts, and born - and re-interested in Islam, and born, never been exposed to Islam... 

Edited by skylight2

I recommend reading the Book of Sulaym bin Qays Al-Hilali to everyone trying to further grasp the essence of the message. It satiates some fundamental questions that we all may carry and explains, for example, why Prophets, Imams and good people generally appear to suffer more in this life or why God doesn't seem to be helping.

Soul and Spirit

All praise and exalt is due to God, the Creator and Sustainer of all Seen and Unseen worlds of man (clay-based), jinn (fire-based), angel (light-based), and all that is unknown.

This book will take you on a spiritual journey to uncover the true meaning behind difficult to understand concepts such as:

1.      Soul and Spirit

2.      No Power but that of God

3.      Dreams and Visions

4.      Death versus Returning to God

5.      Freewill and Predestination

6.      Nuclear Fusion in the Quran

7.      Helical Particle Waves

Within a few pages you shall be empowered with new knowledge that will change the way you look at world around you, forever. Suddenly, all random thoughts you may have accumulated over the years will fit into a coherent knowledge that will cleanse your soul and give your prayers a real feeling that you are communicating with your Creator, Allah Almighty.

Get ready to ride the wave of spiritual awakening.

http://heliwave.com/Soul.and.Spirit.pdf

God >

What category or kind of books are you looking for sister? It'll be easier to name some then..

I wanted something related to Spirituality and the human mind :) 

Assalam un Alaikum,

If you have a facebook account, there's a group which you need to join and from there you can download any book in any language for free.  :)  :)

Here's the Link:   https://www.facebook.com/groups/shiabooks4free/

I hope it helps.

Thanks so much sister, fortunately, I do have a FB account :D

Thanks alot everyone.. :) I also heard 'Then I was guided' is a great book, Have any of you read it?

Then I Was Guided is a great book. I have read it. In particular, it's very useful to give to Sunnis wanting to know about Shias, since the author made the journey of converting over from Sunnism to Shiism, and he recounts his reasons for doing so. I recommend the book so much that I like for us to give the book away, to Sunnis, for purposes of D'awah. 

Then I Was Guided is a great book. I have read it. In particular, it's very useful to give to Sunnis wanting to know about Shias, since the author made the journey of converting over from Sunnism to Shiism, and he recounts his reasons for doing so. I recommend the book so much that I like for us to give the book away, to Sunnis, for purposes of D'awah. 

Thanks brother, InshaAllah I will read it :)