Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
shiasoldier786

Eye For An Eye- Iran Blinds Acid Attacker

Rate this topic

بقره-179-وَلَكُمْ فِي الْقِصَاصِ حَيَاةٌ يَاْ أُولِيْ الأَلْبَابِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

• 179. And there is life for you in (the law of) retaliation, O men of understanding, that you may guard yourselves.

(salam)

I remember the Iranian  girl who had the same done to her. The ego-maniac did it because she would not marry him.

She said the same day she granted clemency, that the day she was fully blinded and disfigured, she had already decided to forgive him.

(salam)

I remember the Iranian  girl who had the same done to her. The ego-maniac did it because she would not marry him.

She said the same day she granted clemency, that the day she was fully blinded and disfigured, she had already decided to forgive him.

Wallahi, some women embody the idea of forgiveness and mercy. May Allah grant them His eternal blessings.

Why the outrage over this? 

The West has made it its moral obligation to oppose whatever Iran does. Nothing new there.

This also happen in Iran

Iranian mother who spared her son's killer: 'Vengeance has left my heart'

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/25/interview-samereh-alinejad-iranian-mother-spared-sons-killer

Iranian killer's execution halted at last minute by victim's parents

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/16/iran-parents-halt-killer-execution

Every kind of person are there. But not like America ..

They Build Taliban, Broke Russia, Started Killing Talibans

They Build ISIS , Started Killing ISIS

Also killing Innocent Muslims/Christian with those Self Made Terrorist.

Edited by alirex

(salam)

Mithrandir:

I should have added this from what I read:

When she forgave him publicly at the last second, after he recovered himself, he swore her a Quranic oath that if ever she need help in her life, to send for him and inshallah he'd get there as soon as possible.

There are a few people that would learn from forgiveness.

Is this an Islamic punishment?

5:45

"And We ordained for them therein a life for a life, an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for an ear, a tooth for a tooth, and for wounds is legal retribution. But whoever gives [up his right as] charity, it is an expiation for him. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the wrongdoers."

No it doesn't.

This is one of those things that people say without really thinking about it.

The pithy contains a general truth, in that if the 'eye for an eye' principle were extended to nearly every situation it would indubitably constitute a grave violation of contextual deliberation. It incorrectly assumes that every situation carries broadly the same contours and substance. 

In the specific case mentioned in this thread, my intellect considers the implementation of the principle to be reprehensible but my heart finds it strangely satisfying.

The reason I am undecided is twofold: the initial intent to gouge out both eyes of the attacker is not exactly proportional to the injury experienced by the victim. Moreover, the culprit was basically a hired assassin according to a statement in the article. What underlying motive or psychological disturbance did the culprit have? And why is the guilt of the family member who hired him completely absolved of the 'eye for an eye' legal punishment? It isn't possible to make an informed opinion in the absence of such essential details.

The pithy contains a general truth, in that if the 'eye for an eye' principle were extended to nearly every situation it would indubitably constitute a grave violation of contextual deliberation. It incorrectly assumes that every situation carries broadly the same contours and substance. 

In the specific case mentioned in this thread, my intellect considers the implementation of the principle to be reprehensible but my heart finds it strangely satisfying.

The reason I am undecided is twofold: the initial intent to gouge out both eyes of the attacker is not exactly proportional to the injury experienced by the victim. Moreover, the culprit was basically a hired assassin according to a statement in the article. What underlying motive or psychological disturbance did the culprit have? And why is the guilt of the family member who hired him completely absolved of the 'eye for an eye' legal punishment? It isn't possible to make an informed opinion in the absence of such essential details.

I would also add that the 'eye for an eye' principle would be destructively counterproductive in the case of warfare. That is certainly a powerful insight vis-à-vis the evident limitations of the principle. 

The Quran does respect 'context'. Furthermore, the eye for an eye is contexual.

If someone slaps my mother, can i slap their mother? - ofcourse not.

Islam does not literally adhere to -eye for an eye- in all cases.

Furthermore, the verse in the Quran encourages one to actually forgive, rather than doing an eye for an eye - which is there under specific circumstances , mandated by an islamic body - who judge and decide via a proper legal process in order to safegaurd society.

In cases like these it might be necessary for the state to act rather than forgive, so that the next person who thinks of throwing acid might wait and think about the punishment. As for the forgiveness I think it applies to the people directly affected. Its their choice wether to forgive or not

The state can't just forgive on behalf of the individuals affected. In some cases they might even have to mete out the punishment, even if they have been forgiven by the victims, to make an example.