Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ethics

Why Doesnt God Answer My Prayers? [Clip]

Rate this topic

l from Abee `Abd Allaah (عليه السلام) said: “Every supplication supplicated to Allaah (عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ) is concealed from the heavens until he prays upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad”

Source: al-Kulayni, al-Kafi, vol. 2, pg. 493, hadeeth #10

Grading: al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is SaHeeH in Mir’aat Al-`Uqool, vol. 12, pg. 99

For more hadiths about this, visit : http://www.revivingalislam.com/2011/05/salawat-upon-prophet-and-his-family.html?m=1

Same brother..'

Are you going to visit him he in Sydney for the next 6 nights

I would love to, but currently I got Uni and I'm doing my final year Thesis project, So no chance lol 

How the hell do I quote a specific paragraph if I want to reply, instead of replying to the whole thing. 

Ya Ali

l from Abee `Abd Allaah (عليه السلام) said: “Every supplication supplicated to Allaah (عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ) is concealed from the heavens until he prays upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad”

Grading: al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is SaHeeH in Mir’aat Al-`Uqool, vol. 12, pg. 99

For more hadiths about this, visit : http://www.revivingalislam.com/2011/05/salawat-upon-prophet-and-his-family.html?m=1

Salaam, what does it mean by concealed? Concealed as in Allah rejects or concealed as in, although it is still a prayer heard by Allah, without the prayers upon Muhammad and His Family A.S, the prayer certainly has value, but not the value it would have with blessings upon Muhammad A.S and His family? I find this translation misinforming because clearly without any doubt, the quran is filled with prayers, even before Muhammad A.S and His family A.S existed, and those prayers were clearly heard and answered. It is also evident that Allah swt answers all prayers, even that of non muslims. Therefore, I believe people should not misinterpret this hadith, and in my opinion, in conjunction with the clear evidence from the quran, I believe the true meaning of this hadith is closer to the second understanding I have put forward. If not closer, somewhat similar, or being in conjunction with other hadith that go together with this khaber wahid that you have posted. I do not know what the purpose of posting this hadith on this thread is, unless you are implying that could also be the case?

Edited by Ethics

How do You dig up Hadiths with source and grading. Why would you need Grading for Hadiths 

Salaam, what does it mean by concealed? Concealed as in Allah rejects or concealed as in, although it is still a prayer heard by Allah, without the prayers upon Muhammad and His Family A.S, the prayer certainly has value, but not the value it would have with blessings upon Muhammad A.S and His family? I find this translation misinforming because clearly without any doubt, the quran is filled with prayers, even before Muhammad A.S and His family A.S existed, and those prayers were clearly heard and answered. It is also evident that Allah swt answers all prayers, even that of non muslims. Therefore, I believe people should not misinterpret this hadith, and in my opinion, in conjunction with the clear evidence from the quran, I believe the true meaning of this hadith is closer to the second understanding I have put forward. If not closer, somewhat similar, or being in conjunction with other hadith that go together with this khaber wahid that you have posted. I do not know what the purpose of posting this hadith on this thread is, unless you are implying that could also be the case?

Imam al-Sadiq (AS) said, ' A supplication remains veiled until the supplicant sends blessing on Muhammad and the family of Muhammad.' [Al-Kafi V.2 P. 491 no .1] 

Ya Ali

Just go into the blue box and delete what you dont want

lol Sometimes the most simple thing seems to be the most difficult thing. 

Thanks 

(Salam) brother, I thought this hadith is relevant to this thread because this thread is about God answering prayers, is it not? Anyway brother, if you check the link that I posted (Nader's blog) you'll see even more hadiths (similar) to the one I posted with fantastic chains. As for the meaning/interpretation, I don't know, I just took it as face value.

What do you make of this one? Does it sound different? Maybe "concealed" doesn't mean rejected?

From Hishaam bin Saalim from Abee `Abd Allaah (عليه السلام) said: “No supplication will be removed from being concealed until he prayers upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad”

Allama al-Majlisi said this one is Hasan kal-Sahih (Hasan like a Sahih)

How do You dig up Hadiths with source and grading. Why would you need Grading for Hadiths

Sorry? I don't understand? Edited by al-Ibrahimi

what could be the correct translation of this hadith then?

In conjunction with which hadith?Don't forget this one has been labelled sahih by allama without any conjunction .

wssalam

what could be the correct translation of this hadith then?

In conjunction with which hadith?Don't forget this one has been labelled sahih by allama without any conjunction .

wssalam

In conjunction to other hadith (especially the Quran) specifying the importance of dua, and Allah answering our call, whether or not we send our blessings upon Muhammad A.S and His Family A.S. That is definitely not to degrade the importance of sending salawats, but I am just addressing the case where people may think this hadith implies Allah is not merciful, and He doesnt hear our prayers unless we first send our blessings upon Muhammad A.S. I dont speak arabic, so I wouldnt know what the correct translation would be, but I think the translator chose a poor choice of word.

• And when my servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the supplicant when he calls upon Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me, that they may walk the right way. (2:186)
  • Call unto Me, I will answer you. Those who are too proud to worship Me will enter Hell. (40:60)
  • Call your Lord humbly and secretly, He loves not the transgressors. (7:55)
  • And call on Him, fearing and hoping, surely the mercy of Allah is near to those who do good. (7:56)

Notice, not one verse, does Allah use any condition, unless that he/she is good.

He has opened for you the door of repentance. Therefore whenever you call Him, He hears your call, and whenever you whisper to Him, He knows the whisper. You place before him your needs, unveil before Him yourself, complain to Him for your worries, beseech Him to remove your troubles, seek His help in your affairs, and ask from the treasures of His mercy what no-one else has the power to give, namely long life, health of body, and increase of livelihood. Imam Ali (a) Letter 31, Nahjul Balagha

www.al-islam.org/gallery/kids/Books/lessons/11.htm

(wasalam)

In conjunction to other hadith (especially the Quran) specifying the importance of dua, and Allah answering our call, whether or not we send our blessings upon Muhammad A.S and His Family A.S. That is definitely not to degrade the importance of sending salawats

Brother ,neither other hadith nor quranic verses(those in conjunction)not saying abt acceptance of duas if u dont send salwaat.(I am saying this contrary words b/c of above mentioned hadith)

, but I am just addressing the case where people may think this hadith implies Allah is not merciful, and He doesnt hear our prayers unless we first send our blessings upon Muhammad A.S.

If i say this hadith is specifically for musilim ummah and nt for kafirs to send salutations then?

Contrary to ur view i c the Most Merciful God's mercy in nt acceptance of duas without salwaat bt giving peoples by himself b/c of his mercy bt nt b/c of their duas.

• And when my servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the supplicant when he calls upon Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me, that they may walk the right way. (2:186)
  • Call unto Me, I will answer you. Those who are too proud to worship Me will enter Hell. (40:60)
  • Call your Lord humbly and secretly, He loves not the transgressors. (7:55)
  • And call on Him, fearing and hoping, surely the mercy of Allah is near to those who do good. (7:56)

Notice, not one verse, does Allah use any condition, unless that he/she is good.

He has opened for you the door of repentance. Therefore whenever you call Him, He hears your call, and whenever you whisper to Him, He knows the whisper. You place before him your needs, unveil before Him yourself, complain to Him for your worries, beseech Him to remove your troubles, seek His help in your affairs, and ask from the treasures of His mercy what no-one else has the power to give, namely long life, health of body, and increase of livelihood. Imam Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã Letter 31, Nahjul Balagha

www.al-islam.org/gallery/kids/Books/lessons/11.htm

(wasalam)

we both kn quran is concise, so it talked abt duas,benefits and hope bt not openly abt the way to call,to place ur needs,to complain,to seek help etc from god bt it was taught by masoomeen(as) to do all these thru sending salwaat as previous vicegerent of God did.

. I dont speak arabic, so I wouldnt know what the correct translation would be, but I think the translator chose a poor choice of word.

If we r nt good in arabic so we can't pass certain judgement abt translator on basis of our thinking

wssalam