Rate this topic

Aslamwalikum,

For me this diagram is telling us that if we improve our spiritual strength (by reading salatul layl and Quran etc.) and begin sacrificing things (no matter how small) in the name of Allah then our love for Allah will increase; He will provide us with courage to speak out against the wrong crowds and will also show us the truth...Imam Hussain sacraficed himself in thr name of Allah and is now one of the chiefs of Paradise...we should too follow his footsteps in order to achieve greatness in this life AND most importantly the hereafter....inshallah.

May the Lord of all those who sacraficed their lives for Allah bless you.

Thank you all for your replies. I'm not sure who made this diagram, but it is thought provoking. I wondered why Humility is not connected to everything else. It seems to be outside. 

as far as i know , in Islamic concept , justice means placing every thing at its proper location ; being valor when it is needed and being compassionate when it is needed and so on.anyway i don't think the concept on this shape is based on the fact .

i fully disagree that compassion destroys justice. as we would be hypocrites if we start a judgment with the name of al Rahman al Raheem, if we don't act upon it. the sunnah of Allah is to be compassionate. often times people who are guilty of a crime, have repented, made up for it, or have other circumstances that excuse the crime. 

it's wrong to expect Allah to be compassionate with us, if we are not compassionate with people.

if you want to read evidence from Quran and hadiths about compassion (rahma) .. which is closer to mercy and forgiveness .. please read here:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235020291-forgiveness-and-islam/

The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment. [24:2]

that's if they are proven guilty without excuses. Imam Ali used to ask many questions before giving verdicts, like: 

-did he beat her for no reason

-did he not sleep with her

-did he leave her alone for long periods

etc 

etc

and once there are no excuses, then the punishment must be fulfilled without canceling it due to compassion

(It has been narrated) from Abu Abdullah (a.s) having said: ‘Whilst Amir Al-Momineen (a.s) was among a group of his (a.s) companions, when a man came over and said, ‘O Amir Al-Momineen! I have gone to (sexual relations with) a boy, therefore purify me’. So he (a.s) said: ‘O you! Go to your house, perhaps your gall bladder is exciting you’.

So when is was the next morning, he returned to him (a.s) and said to him (a.s), ‘O Amir Al-Momineen! I have gone to a boy, therefore purify me’. So he (a,s) said to him: ‘O you! Go to your house, perhaps your gall bladder is exciting you’. He did it three times after the first. So when it was during the fourth, he (a.s) said to him: ‘O you! Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.a) had judged regarding (a case) similar to yours with three judgements, therefore choose which of these you like’. He said, ‘And what are these, O Amir Al-Momineen?’ He (a.s) said: ‘A strike with the sword in your neck, it reaches what it reaches, or throwing you off the mountain with your hands and feet tied up, or burning with the fire’. So he said, ‘O Amir Al-Momineen! Which of these is the harshest upon me’. He (a.s) said: ‘Burning with the fire’. He said, ‘So I have chosen it, O Amir Al-Momineen! He (a.s) said: ‘Are you prepared to take that, I shall call for you’. So he said, ‘Yes’.

So he (a.s) said: ‘So he (the sinner) Prayed two cycles (rak’ah), then sat in his Tashahhud, so he said: ‘O Allah! I had committed from the sins which You Know of, and I feared from that. So I went to the successor of Your Messenger (s.a.w.a), and a cousin of Your Prophet (s.a.w.a), so I asked him (a.s) that he (a.s) should purify me. So he (a.s) gave me a choice of three types of punishment. O Allah! So I have chosen the harshest of these. O Allah! I ask You that You Make that as an expiation of my sin, and that You do not Burn me with Your Fire in my Hereafter!’

Then he stood up and he was crying until he sat in the pit which had been dug out for him by Amir Al-Momineen (a.s), and he was seeing the fire inflaming around him. So Amir Al-Momineen (a.s) wept and his companions wept altogether. So Amir Al-Momineen (a.s) said to him: ‘Arise, O you, for you have made the Angels of the sky and the Angels of the earth to cry, so Allah has Turned towards you (with Mercy). So arise and do not repeat anything from what you have done’.

Source: Furu’ Al-Kafi, Volume 7, Chapter 22, Hadith #1

Grading: Allaamah Majlisi said this hadith has a Hasan/Good chain (حسن) [Mira’at Al-Uqool, Volume 23, Page 306]

http://purifiedhousehold.com/2014/12/03/from-homosexual-facing-death-to-angels-crying-for-him-the-mercy-of-Allah-swt/

Edited by al-Ibrahimi

beautiful .. i found this nice compilation of Imam Ali's judgments .. very interesting topic ..

http://islamicmobility.com/pdf/Selections_From_Judgements_of_Hazrat_Ali.pdf

there is a fornication section there .. and other topics too .. here an interesting one ..

"If anaccused in some case of theft admits to have committed the crime in question, his hand is not to be cut off.”

Waafi, vol. 9, p. 64 

(bismillah)

(salam)

I am inclined to the belief that Justice without Compassion is Cruelty or Sadistic. 

If Justice and Compassion were mutually exclusive, then God would not be both Just and Compassionate on the Day of Judgment, and consequently all His acts of Justice would be devoid of Compassion and all His acts of Compassion would be devoid of Justice.

But this consequence is False, for at least one of the above two statements is False.

Hence, the antecedent, viz. that Justice and Compassion are mutually exclusive is False.

But note how, in the diagramme, Compassion is insufficient for Justice, and requires the rigour of Honesty, which is Fairness. 

Even if we suppose the diagramme to be incorrect, but it is not obviously so, and it is certainly an interesting and worthwhile rational and moral exercise to ponder its relationships.

(wasalam)

But what about when a criteria is set? Are we not supposed to follow this criteria strictly when judging?