Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Gaius I. Caesar

Any Zaidis On Shiachat?

Salaam alaikun,

Are there any Zaidis on Shiachat? I am curious about the hadiths Zaidis use and their opinion on Abu Hurairah? I would really appreciate if a Zaidi brother or sister could shed some light on their beliefs for me, as it is somewhat of a mystery to me.

Zaydis are closer to Sunnis as their fiqh is similar to the Hanafi school of Sunni Islamic jurisprudence. Also, Zaydis, like Sunni Muslims, further reject the notion of Occultation (ghayba) of the Imām. Like the Nizaris, they believe in a living visible Imām. Also Zaydi prayer and ritual is closer to Sunnis.

I was hoping to get some answers from the Zaidis themselves. Do you know their perspective on Abu Hurairah, because I am aware that they (The Zaidi) rely some hadiths reported by him. By the way, thanks for your answer; I really appreciate it, brother Zendegi, any answer is better than none.

I was hoping to get some answers from the Zaidis themselves. Do you know their perspective on Abu Hurairah, because I am aware that they (The Zaidi) rely some hadiths reported by him. By the way, thanks for your answer; I really appreciate it, brother Zendegi, any answer is better than none.

No worries. Also the only reason Zaydis identify as Shia are due to historical ideological and political differences, as they supported Zayd ibn Ali, son of Imam Zayn al-Abiding. In the context of the Shi'a belief in spiritual leadership or Imamate, Zaydis believe that the leader of the Ummah must be descendants of Prophet Muhammad through his Bibi Fatimah, and her sons Hasan ibn ʻAlī and Husayn ibn ʻAlī.

Edited by Zendegi

No worries. Also the only reason Zaydis identify as Shia are due to historical ideological and political differences, as they supported Zayd ibn Ali, son of Imam Zayn al-Abiding. In the context of the Shi'a belief in spiritual leadership or Imamate, Zaydis believe that the leader of the Ummah must be descendants of Prophet Muhammad through his Bibi Fatimah, and her sons Hasan ibn ʻAlī and Husayn ibn ʻAlī.

I may be Imamiyyah and disagree with Imam Zaid Ibn Ali with who can be a Imam and some of the Zaidi theology, I respect Zaid Ibn Ali (as) because he was the beloved uncle of Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as) as well as the son of Imam Zayn al Abiding (as) and I find him to be very inspiring. Still I am curious about their view of Abu Hurairah and I want to the history of the Zaidi relationship with Abu Hanifa as well as a more in depth understanding of what they use as their hadiths.

I may be Imamiyyah and disagree with Imam Zaid Ibn Ali with who can be a Imam and some of the Zaidi theology, I respect Zaid Ibn Ali (as) because he was the beloved uncle of Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as) as well as the son of Imam Zayn al Abiding (as) and I find him to be very inspiring. Still I am curious about their view of Abu Hurairah and I want to the history of the Zaidi relationship with Abu Hanifa as well as a more in depth understanding of what they use as their hadiths.

As salaamu alaikum brother. I am studying the Zaydi madhab. I really AM a Zaydi  but I have not been one for long and was not raised in it etc. So I don't know EVERYTHING.

However I CAN help you out. I can tell you what our basic beliefs are and I can tell you where to go for more in depth answers to some of your questions if I cannot answer them to your satisfaction. For instance I never paid attention to the Zaydi stance on him. I know it is not like the Sunnis though. That guy is inb like  HALF of their hadith. Ha ha ha !

In any case we have PLENTY of major differences with the Sunnis. It's just that we do NOT do this thing I keep catching Ithna Ashari brothers doing. I keep seeing them judge how much of a Shia  a person is based on how much they distance themselves from the Sunnis. This is not correct thought. What is correct is to go by the Qur'an, the Sunnah and the consensus of the Ahl Al Bayt.

Anyway you kind of caught me at a bad time because I am on my way to go to sleep. But message my inbox OR I will just meet you back here later in the aftenoon.

By the way Facebook has a page  by Zaydis and it is all about answering questions about our madhab. It is called The Zaidi School of Thought,.

There is also a website called salvationark.com. And scribd.com has MANY works by zaydiyah regarding our aqidah and fiqh. It is there under the heading Imam Rassi Society.

As salaamu alaikum  and may Allah guide us all

Salamon 'Alaykom;I am doing research about Zaidiyah School of Thougt and I am lacking of data to rely on. can anyone please elaborate some Zaidiyah books of reference. I know only one and it is regarding the jurisprudence of Zaidiyah and it is written by Zaid Ibn Ali himself, it is called Majmo'ol Fiqh.