Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
inocence

Finding This Dua Of Imam Sadiq(As)

Rate this topic

In: Thaw'aab Al-Am'aal and Aq'aab Al-Am'aal (ثواب الاعمال وعقاب الاعمال), By: Sheikh Al-Sadooq (الشيخ الصدوق ابي جعفر محمد بن علي بن الحسين بن بابويه القمي), Investigated by: Al-Sayeed Muhammad Mahdi, Al-Sayed Hassan Al-Khur'aan (السيد محمد مهدي السيد حسن الخرسان), Year of print: 1368: The Manhoor 'aat Al-Shareef Al-Rathi (منشورات الشريف الرضي), Qom. Page #95, 

أبي (ره) قال حدثني سعد بن عبد الله عن يعقوب بن يزيد عن محمد ابن أبي عمير عن معاوية بن وهب قال: دخلت على أبي عبد الله عليه السلام

وهو في مصلاه فجلست حتى قضى صلاته فسمعته وهو يناجي ربه فيقول: يا من خصنا بالكرامة ووعدنا الشفاعة وحملنا الرسالة وجعلنا ورثة الأنبياء

وختم بنا الأمم السالفة وخصنا بالوصية وأعطانا علم ما مضى وعلم ما بقي وجعل أفئدة من الناس تهوى إلينا، اغفر لي ولإخواني وزوار قبر أبي عبد الله الحسين بن علي عليهما السلام الذين أنفقوا أموالهم وأشخصوا أبدانهم رغبة في برنا ورجاء لما عندك في صلتنا وسرورا أدخلوه على نبيك محمد صلى الله عليه وآله

From My Father, (Ali b. Al-Hussain) - told me Sa'ad b. Abdullah - from Yaq'oob b. Yaz'id - from Muhammad b. A. Umair, - From Mu'awiyah bin Wah'ab said: I entered on Ab'e Abdullah (Imam, Ja'afar Al-sadiq a.s) while he was in his prayer, so I sat until he finished and heard him supplicate to his lord saying: "O Whom has chosen us for honour, promised us right of intercession, the carriers of the message, and made us the inheritors of the prophets, and sealed with us the last nation, and chosen us for the divine command (Wasiyah: Successor of the Prophet s.a.w.a.s), and gave us the knowledge of what has passed and what has remained, and made hearts from people desiring (love) to us. Forgive (Igh'fir) me and my brothers, and the visitors of the grave of Abi'-Abdullah Al-Hussain son of Ali, peace be upon them, who gave in their wealth, and put their bodies in struggle (trouble), desiring for our love, and hope of the reward You have kept for associating with us, and gladness they have entered (put) on your prophet Muhammad, (peace and blessings peace upon him and his households).

وإجابة منهم لأمرنا وغيظا أدخلوه على عدونا، أرادوا بذلك رضوانك فكافهم عنا بالرضوان وأكلأهم بالليل والنهار واخلف على أهاليهم وأولادهم الذين خلفوا بأحسن الخلف واصحبهم واكفهم شر كل جبار عنيد وكل ضعيف من خلقك وشديد، وشر شياطين الإنس والجن وأعطهم أفضل
ما أملوا منك في غربتهم عن أوطانهم وما أثروا على أبنائهم وأبدانهم وأهاليهم وقراباتهم،

"And the respond from them for our ordainment, and the fury they entered in our enemies, They wanted from that your satisfaction, so reward them on our behalf with being satisfied with them, and protect them in the night and day, compensate their families and children whom they left behind in the best way and befriend them, keep them away from the harm of every insolent tyrant and every weak or strong one from Your creation. Keep them away from the evil of every devil from among men and Jinn, grant them the best of that which they have requested in their being away from their homes for having preferred us over their families, children and relatives.

اللهم ان أعدائنا أعابوا عليهم خروجهم فلم ينههم ذلك عن النهوض والشخوص إلينا خلافا عليهم، فارحم تلك الوجوه التي غيرتها الشمس وأرحم تلك الخدود التي تقلبت على قبر أبي عبد الله الحسين عليه السلام وارحم تلك العيون التي جرت دموعها رحمة لنا وارحم تلك القلوب التي جزعت واحترقت لنا وارحم تلك الصرخة التي كانت لنا، اللهم إني أستودعك تلك الأنفس وتلك الأبدان حتى ترويهم من الحوض يوم العطش، 

" O Allah, our enemies criticized (slandered) them for going in visiting us (Ziyarah), and that did not restrain them from coming to us and they went against our opponents. So have Mercy on those faces changed by the sun, and have mercy on the cheeks turn over on the grave of Abi'-Abdullah Al-Hussain (peace be upon him), and have mercy on those eyes which shed tears on us with sympathy. Have mercy on those hearts which have grieved impatiently (restless) and distressed (Jaz'a), and burned (inside) for us, and have mercy on the shouting/screaming that was for us. O Allah! I entrust these bodies and souls to you till the day of great thirst when you will quench their thirst with Haud-e-Kauthar (The Pond of Abundance).

فما زال صلوات الله عليه يدعو بهذا الدعاء وهو ساجد فلما انصرف قلت له جعلت فداك لو أن هذا الذي سمعته منك كان لمن ليعرف الله لظننت ان النار لا تطعم منه شيئا أبدا، والله لقد تمنيت ان كنت زرته ولم أحج فقال لي ما أقربك منه فما الذي يمنعك عن زيارته يا معاوية ولم تدع الحج ذلك، قلت جعلت فداك فلم أدر ان الامر يبلغ هذا، فقال يا معاوية ومن يدعو لزواره في السماء أكثر ممن يدعو لهم في الأرض لا تدعه لخوف من أد فمن تركه لخوف رأى من الحسرة ما يتمنى ان قبره كان بيده أما تحب ان يرى الله شخصك وسوادك ممن يدعو له رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله أما تحب أن تكون غدا ممن تصافحه الملائكة؟ أما تحب أن تكون غدا فيمن رأى وليس عليه ذنب فتتبع؟ أما تحب أن تكون غدا فيمن يصافح رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله؟

Mu'awiyah ibn Wahab continued: Imam (a.s) continued this supplication in prostration. When he finished, I said: "May I be sacrificed on you! I think that if this supplication is in favour of even those who don't know Allah, the Mighty and Sublime, I think that Hellfire will not touch them! By Allah! I wish I had gone to the Ziyarat (visiting) of Imam Hussain (a.s) instead of going to Hajj." Imam (a.s.) said, "You live so close. What prevents you from his Ziyarat? O Mu'awiyah! Don't forsake it?" I replied, "May I be sacrificed on you! I did not think that the issue would be beyond this ." The Imam (a.s.) said, "Mu'awiyah! Those who pray for the visitors of Imam Hussain (a.s) in the heavens are more than those who pray for them on earth. Do not let fear afflict you. For whom leaves (Ziyarat) for fear, will see much of regret, wishing for his grave (Imam Al-Hussain a.s) in front him. Do you not wish (love) for Allah to see your person and black clothes, whom the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.a.s) prays for? Do you not love to be one of those whom tomorrow will shake hands with the angles? Do you not love to be one of those whom tomorrow will be seen without a sin being followed on? Do you not love to be ones of those whom tomorrow will shake the hands with the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him and his households?"

Note: Please double check the translation, to avoid errors just in case.