Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Peace be upon you all, I cannot suppress my excitement any longer! Who's ready for Ramadan?! I can't believe it's approaching so fast, alhamdillah :) we should all post some goals we hope to achieve this approaching holy month, that we couldn't do last Ramadan.

1) Read supplications, nahjul balagha, and the life of the holy prophet everyday

2) Finish the whole Quran and read the translations

3) fast rajab, shaban, and Ramadan

Please be friendly to each other and may Ramadan be in our hearts to lift our spirits up :)

This year the Holy Month of Ramadan will be in mid June. It depends what country you live in. When you see the new crescent moon, the next day will be Ramadan 1. Indications are that if you live in the US it will be June 18, inshaAllah. We have to wait and see. 

Salaam alaykum,

I am really excited as well because I finally found a good boxing coach so this Ramadan, I will be sparring too.  In previous few Ramadans, I would train but never spar.  This time, I want to see if I can spar and survive till iftaar.  Should be fun!  Healing and recovery will not be an issue since I'll be attending Taraweeh, insha'Allah.

Salaam alaykum,

I am really excited as well because I finally found a good boxing coach so this Ramadan, I will be sparring too.  In previous few Ramadans, I would train but never spar.  This time, I want to see if I can spar and survive till iftaar.  Should be fun!  Healing and recovery will not be an issue since I'll be attending Taraweeh, insha'Allah.

Bro that's gonna be a mission :) good luck man.

I don't think I'll be able to fast. I'll have a very young infant. I will try for a day or two, InshaAllah, and see how it goes, but can't risk baby not getting enough to eat and he will be too young to supplement with table food.

I'm very excited for this coming Ramadan, too! 

My goals are:

- I usually read the whole Qur'an once in Ramadan, this year I'm hoping to read the whole Qur'an twice 

- Try to pray night prayers three times a week (right now I only pray once a week) 

- Memorize another long Surah (Maybe Kahf?) 

- Memorize another Ziyarah  

I think it's really nice that you started a post about sharing Ramadan goals! It's got me excited! :) 

Some desirable actions which could be done in Shahr Ramadan al-Mubarak -

- Reciting Du'a al-Iftitah every night.

- Doing Suhur (eating before Fajr).

- The actions in Layali al-Qadr, which include praying a 100 rak'ah prayer.

- Recitation of the Holy Qur'an.

- I'tikaf in the last ten days of this Holy Month.

Because Ramadhan is in the summer, we have al lot less time to do the a'maal of Laylatul Qadr   :donno:

السلام علیکم جمیعا

In my opinion, Ramadan starts in Rajab actually. I believe Rajab is small Ramadan, Shaban is middle Ramadan and Ramadan is great Ramadan. So we should get ready for great one in Rajab, as overture.

Ramadan and Ashura are actually my two most favorite times of the year! What I love most about them is learning, they are the two months where I learn the most about islam and shiism! 

Alhumdulilah this year I have become much more religious, last year I committed some indecent acts during Ramadan and this year I will make up for it. Inshallah in ramadan I will memorize surah Yunus (inshallah) and pray salat ul layl every night. Every salat will be on time inshallah and my connection with Allah will be at its strongest. Aswell as much istigfar!

The only sad thing is that in my city our mosque is very poor and weak, if I ever get a good job and some money I will put most of it towards our mosque.

But for now I need to get my life together, clear my mind and clear my soul.

ah ramazan means stress means hypocrite speeches and fake fasting. .you fast whole day but then u ovr stuff yourself with food. only a poor person truly fasts. .And big business for mullas while all cool looking religious people sit in front row holding their sophisticated devices and socialize. then we eat good food and talk about nonsense while drone bombs r dropped in Pakistan iraq yemen Syria and Palestine.

same cycle repeats every year

then end comes and rich comes to mosque to show off his richness and all humblness is destroyed and fake hugs r shared between rich n poor n Arab n non arab then we all go home.

clap clap

heaven for all

clap clap

imams are so pleased!!!

Edited by Aftahb

I don't think I'll be able to fast. I'll have a very young infant. I will try for a day or two, InshaAllah, and see how it goes, but can't risk baby not getting enough to eat and he will be too young to supplement with table food.

Who said fasting is not wajib on the pregnant woman?

On 3/19/2015 at 7:24 AM, al-Ibrahimi said:

Sunnis and Shias have differences of opinion on pregnant or nursing women in regard to fasting:

3. A woman in the final stage of pregnancy and nursing mothers. The four schools say: If a pregnant or nursing woman fears harm for her own health or that of her child, her fasting is valid though it is permissible for her to refrain from fasting. If she opts for iftar, the schools concur that she is bound to perform its qada’ later. They differ regarding its substitute (fidyah) and atonement (kaffarah). In this regard the Hanafis observe: It is not at all wajib. The Malikis are of the opinion that it is wajib for a nursing woman, not for a pregnant one. The Hanbalis and the Shafi’is say: Fidyah is wajib upon a pregnant and a nursing woman only if they fear danger for the child; but if they fear harm for their own health as well as that of the child, they are bound to perform the qada’ only without being required to give fidyah. the fidyah for each day is one mudd, which amounts to feeding one needy person (miskeen).1

The Imamis state: If a pregnant woman nearing childbirth or the child of a nursing mother may suffer harm, both of them ought to break their fast and it is not valid for them to continue fasting due to the impermissibility of harm. They concur that both are to perform the qada’ as well as give fidyah, equaling one mudd, if the harm is feared for the child. But if the harm is feared only for her own person, some among them observe: She is bound to perform qada’ but not to give fidyah, others say:

She is bound to perform qada’ and give fidyah as well.

http://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/fasting-according-five-islamic-schools-law

Syed Sistani. A pregnant woman or breastfeeding mother should fast if she is able, but if she believes that fasting will harm her child she MUST NOT fast. She must make up missed fasts at a time that it is safe for herself and her baby.

I'm planning to attempt, but my child will be too young to supplement with table food and I'm living in a tropical climate and very sensitive to heat.

How do you memorize for example a long surah in the Month of Ramadhan? Do you read it every day?

I have no long surahs memorized yet, but repetition, combined with knowing and contemplating the meaning, is the best way to memorize, in general. So start with a few verses, then add a few more each day, not leaving the first ones any day.

The Arabic pronunciation is difficult for me, so I can usually memorize a short surah in a week to ten days with only a few daily repetitions. More frequent daily repetition might speed the process, but too much won't help.