Jump to content
Mahdiyah

Your Username Or Avatar

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

:salam:

I think I  existed for a while without an avatar, then when I started feeling official on the forum, I felt I had to put a picture to define my identity. If my memory is correct I just put a pic that was in my laptop files.

And here I am today, twelve years after, still mahroom, mazloom and against soda manufacturers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fakeha said:

And rest is all I want :grin:

Your avatar is your dp (display pic, profile photo). Your avatar right now says: العجل العجل يامولاي ياصاحب الزمان

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve changed my avatar image too many times over the years. I’m a perfectionist, and keep trying to find the right image that fits the right mood, color scheme, visibility, and design. I go through many artistic phases, and have overthought it more than I should.

I envy those of you who have kept the same image for years, of which they’ve become iconic. I’m too experimental and hands on to let things set forever. As you all know :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye my G's, what's good witchu?

Well I am into hip-hop culture (as some of you can tell when I decide to talk ghetto) and my profile pic is just something cool I saw from an animated series named "Samurai Champloo" (the series itself is a weird amalgamation of hip-hop culture and traditional japanese culture, in the sense that traditional japanese culture is all about honor and obedience and hip-hop culture is mainly about being a rebel and being a little rough around the edges).

And well, my username is what it literally means. That is in real life my first name is Ali. Ain't nothing special B.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2015 at 8:37 AM, notme said:

I don't remember why, but I was feeling like a superhero one day.

Why not a normal human superhero? Superman ain't that great, in the comics he got killed plenty of times, lol. Heck even Batman managed to kill Superman at one point in the comics. 

Sometimes the best superpower is just being a regular human, of course as long as you are in peak mental and physical condition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Why not a normal human superhero? Superman ain't that great, in the comics he got killed plenty of times, lol. Heck even Batman managed to kill Superman at one point in the comics. 

Sometimes the best superpower is just being a regular human, of course as long as you are in peak mental and physical condition. 

The Superman logo is very recognizable. That's the only reason I picked it over other superheroes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

سبحان الله

Defeated is Anger!

Victorious is the blessed Ahl al-Bayt!

Stand oh Mu’mineen,

For my name bears the Infallible,

Which I descended from,

And all praise is due to Allah who granted the face of Earth a purification from evil,

The Ahl al-Bayt is the source of joy in the Here After!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As salaamun aleikum everyone, my name is pretty self explanatory- im shia, im female,and i grew up and still live on a farm. As for my avatar, Sheikh Farokh Sekaleshfar, i chose him because he has been the most influential living scholar in my life thus far, and because he exhibits many mannerisms and behavioral traits i hope Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى in shaAllah inducts into me.

W/S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to think for myself, question everything, and approach life so that had i been born into a Hindu family, or a secular Humanity family, or any other group i would have ended up as a Shia.  If you're going to claim anything, i'm going to ask where the evidence is. My name doesn't mean i believe i am 'intellectual' but that i want to approach religion by using my head. The resistance is against my own ignorance and against those who attack Shia Islam. 

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My avatar is alludes to surrealism—my favorite painting style, and if you look closely, the leaves are not real leaves, but animals. Surrealism captures my imagination, and the kind of artwork I’ve dabbled at in the past. Surealism is the kind of art that allows me to show the inter workings of my mind. 

As for my username, it’s a reference to the book “the island of mirrors”, a poetically-written work about human isolation and the pursuit of beauty and idealism in a destructive and less than ideal time. “Mirrors” is in reference to the ideal I wish to become, the image of myself that I build inside my head, and how my transformation, before manifestation of the outer, begins inward—with a thought, a philosophy, an ideal, and I always attempt to strive closer to my ideal self. 

The ideal self, or image that captures my essence and imagination, is Regina Spektor’s work and image, who also happens to be my personality type (ENFP) and my enneagram type (type 4). I relate to her so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

My name doesn't mean i believe i am 'intellectual' but that i want to approach religion by using my head. The resistance is against my own ignorance and against those who attack Shia Islam. 

Thank you for explaining that. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

My name is my legit name lol

If you want an anonymous username, let a Forum Admin know and it can be changed for you. @Hameedeh @Qa'im @Reza

In the meantime, please don't post any personal information. :) 

Edited by Hameedeh
Mod Note: Real name removed from the quote, due to the security risk of identity theft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

My avatar is alludes to surrealism—my favorite painting style, and if you look closely, the leaves are not real leaves, but animals. Surrealism captures my imagination, and the kind of artwork I’ve dabbled at in the past. Surealism is the kind of art that allows me to show the inter workings of my mind. 

As for my username, it’s a reference to the book “the island of mirrors”, a poetically-written work about human isolation and the pursuit of beauty and idealism in a destructive and less than ideal time. “Mirrors” is in reference to the ideal I wish to become, the image of myself that I build inside my head, and how my transformation, before manifestation of the outer, begins inward—with a thought, a philosophy, an ideal, and I always attempt to strive closer to my ideal self. 

The ideal self, or image that captures my essence and imagination, is Regina Spektor’s work and image, who also happens to be my personality type (ENFP) and my enneagram type (type 4). I relate to her so much. 

Keepin' it real my G. Mandem too busy getting lit these days but they ain't bare with they words no mo'. Stay up homie. 

Edited by Guest Account Ali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

@ShiaChat Mod I keep thinking you're a robot for some odd reason (maybe due to your avatar and name), like you know when you enter a site and a random chat tab opens.

Our very own shiachat ai? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2015 at 5:00 AM, Hameedeh said:

 

Sister ireallywannaknow surprised me by making a lot of avatars for me in different colors.

hameedeh blue3.jpg hameedeh print.jpg hameedeh reddish.jpg hameedeh purple.jpg 

Some people oppose my hijabi girl avatar, saying it is 'beautiful' which makes me embarrassed. :blush: 

l believe they are referring to the hijab.  :D

.....

I change it now and again. Who knows what might be next? :) 

:shock:  :scarerun:"Hide ...  Hide ..."

 

l like the purple one the best, uhty.

Pictures -not paintings- of flowers and tress are lslamically admissible.

Maybe a selection of china or glass?

Or you could put up a doctor's shingle.

Similar to this one:      http://www.fivecentsplease.org/5cp-logo.png   since you do have to Moderate SPDs like me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

@ShiaChat Mod I keep thinking you're a robot for some odd reason (maybe due to your avatar and name), like you know when you enter a site and a random chat tab opens.

I used to think  this ID( @shiachat Mod) is in use of all moderaters of SC for so long :confused::D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×