Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Advanced Member

Asalamualaikum brothers and sisters,

so a few years ago I reached the age in which the jugement begins, which is 14 or 15 I believe. So during that time I committed some unjust acts which left me needing to do ghusl. 

HOWEVER, me not knowing that ghusl was required after such an act literally until two days ago did not do ghusl. Does this mean that I need to repeat all my salaat or are they saved because I was ignorant of the requirements? Also, let it be known that I did I was well knowing that this act was a sin and wrong but not on this scale.

Out of my fear of Allah (SWT), a few minutes after finding out it was required I quickly went and did ghusl tartibi.

• Advanced Member

Salaam

The below question was asked from Great Ayatollah Kamenei:

Question 193: Someone reaches the age of shar‘ī puberty but does not know that ghusl is obligatory and how to make it; and in this way he passes about ten years before coming to know about taqlīd and that ghusl is obligatory? What is his duty concerning qaḍā’ of his fasts and prayers?

Answer: It is obligatory for him to do qaḍā’ of the prayers offered in the state of janābah. Also it is obligatory to redo the fasts if he knew that he was junub but did not know that ghusl is obligatory for him for fasting.

Some conditions have to be always met in order for prayers to be valid whether one is aware of them or not, and performing Wudhu or Ghusl is one of them.