In the Name of God بسم الله

Peshawar’S Hayatabad Mosque Attached 46 Injured

Rate this topic

alirex

• Veteran Member

2:12 pm — Eyewitness account

An eyewitness told Dawn that Friday prayers were being offered at the mosque when five to six armed men wearing security forces' uniform entered the place of worship and hurled grenades at the security personnel deputed at the premises.

He added that one of the attackers, who was wearing a suicide vest, blew himself up inside the imambargah when the worshippers tried to wrestle and snatch the weapons of the attackers. After the suicide blast the rest of the attackers began indiscriminate firing.

The eyewitness claimed to have seen more than two dozen injured after the attack began.

Another eyewitness claimed that 800 worshippers were present inside the imambargah at the time of attack.

Courtsey : Dawn News

Edited by alirex

• Veteran Member

All these fresh attacks on Shia are in harmonious synchronization with the Deobandi sect's and organizations' nation wide rage and protests against things like Shia and anti-terrorism. They have said labbayk to the Yazids of the time and like bani umayyah demanding for blood of Uthman they demand satisfaction from us and through their cowardly terror attacks they wish to suppress the voices of sanity among the nation.

If we were a real nation and a real country governed by real people then this cloak and dagger drama would have been ended long ago. Sadly, that won't happen. The government needs these side issues to execute the greater plan of destroying Pakistan on schedule.

Edited by Darth Vader

• Advanced Member

... there have been so many blasts, so many killings, then so many protests and lots of media debates... the Pakistani nation is not even bothered anymore since it has become a routine of life.

Anyhow, in the midst of all this, for all of us people who feel helpless when these incidents happen, I think it's important that we donate what we can to organizations that actively help people affected by such incidents, it doesn't lessen the grief that a family goes through at such times but it can definitely help the women, elderly, children and injured of the family from embarrassing financial dependency. We should donate to organizations such as Shaheed Foundation or JDC, and this is not where our duty ends but unless some other ways are created, this is what we can do.

• Advanced Member

Goats ready for the slaughter, thats what we are to them. Does anyone who lives in pakistan know what action is 

going to be taken, wasn't Allama Ghulam Raza Naqvi released last year? Why does it seem like our ulema are constrained from 

such defensive movements? Does anyone have any information?

10380958_1506727922948359_69011838527292

For those of you that don't know he was the head of sipah e muhammad.

The Shias are vastly outnumbered in Pakistan, and in fact, in the whole world. The worst times for the Shias in Pakistan were when this Sipah-e-Muhammad was active, in the 90's. All out war basically, and  its the other side that has an unfotunate habit of blowing up worshipers inside mosques, so we were at a bit of a disadvantage.

I'm not saying we should just lie down and die, but armed resistance will never work in Pakistan as long as the Shia are in minority and millions of Saudi dollars are coming into the country.

Unity and politics are the only way out.

And sitting in the streets with the unburied martyrs for weeks before agreeing to stop protesting in exchange for an expanded Hajj quota doesn't exactly help either.

Edited by Patience101

Shias need to arm themselves. The majority of Sunnis don't care about shias being killed and the army cannot be relied upon.

I honestly think that the majority of Sunnis, even Wahhabis, do oppose this kind of stuff. It's wrong to blame the entire population for the extremism of a small group.

However, you are right in saying that the army (and behind them, the government) cannot be relied upon. Until the Shias establish a strong political voice, they have no chance. Even teenage thugs can buy weapons and make violent gangs.

• Advanced Member

I honestly think that the majority of Sunnis, even Wahhabis, do oppose this kind of stuff. It's wrong to blame the entire population for the extremism of a small group.

However, you are right in saying that the army (and behind them, the government) cannot be relied upon. Until the Shias establish a strong political voice, they have no chance. Even teenage thugs can buy weapons and make violent gangs.

I think the majority of sunnis neither condone nor condemn these acts but deep most do take some pleasure from seeing shias die. Just my opinion. No doubt the majority of sunnis will not publicly praise these types of attacks.

• Advanced Member

Just killing killing and killing in Pakistan. There is no night fall before killing a shia or two! In addition to it, recent bombings targeting Peshawar and Quetta places is drastic.

What is more spot on is that Shias just start protesting and some times a small rally for their rights. The protests then ends when evil satanic government seduces the Shia ulemas for a brighter future and then whoooooosh. The next day the killing continues. I am kinda sick now! Today, I went to the protest at Numaish, Karachi for the protest and heard the same as usual.

I am thinking of a resistance and so today, I messaged through 'Ayatollah Sistani's' website. I asked what Ayatollah Sistani (r.a) has to say on the retaliation for Shias. Should we stand up like Yemeni Houthi Fighters or form a militia like Hezbollah for security? If we decided to make one, you will inshallah hear me as the part of it for sure.

Wallah, I am waiting for Mahdi! Wallah!!

• Veteran Member

I have sliced a video from a debate just after the incident. Sorry its in Urdu but the Dialogue  by Maulana Ameen Shahidi really need to listen carefully and think about it.  The end result which is " Anger " to fill in heart is slowly slowly rising and working ....

Please have a look and continue our debate what if these condition reach our nations .... ?

Edited by alirex

• Veteran Member

Do not worry Pakistan is at brink of breaking down. Pakistan is country where citizens are Sunni, Wahabi, Sindhi, Punjabi, Saraiki, Balochi, Shia before they are Pakistani. Either they are working for USA or KSA. None of them is Pakistani first. They did not wake up even after killing of children in School. Pakistan will remain sleeping even the whole country is bathed with blood.

Shias here are not organized and united. The Shia areas in Pakistan should be no go areas. Any person entring in Shia majority areas should have the feeling that he has entered in some high security region. Shias must develop defending skills. Now do not say that even this is against teachings of Ahl e bait a.s. Every body says that we can not kill them like them because our religion does not allow it but your religion allows rather orders you to protect yourself. Those who did not spare the family of Prophet (Pbuh) even, how would they spare you?

There is fake concept about "Mola Waris" in Pakistan. When someone says that please maintain security, the only foolish words we hear are that "no need Mola Waris". This is not teaching of Ahl e bait a.s. Protect yourself from Yazeediites. If you can not kill them but least you can protect yourself.

• Veteran Member

Shias here are not organized and united. ....................................

are we united anywhere other then Iran ? What if we face this kind of situation in our own nations like India, UK , Australia etc

Any attack on us whether in Pakistan or anywhere on earth gives us an Alarm to be ready it can happen with you. But i guess we are not ready yet. may be we don't want to be ready ?

What you think about it ?

High time for Pakistan to have their own shia militia, GOV is failed.

One of Baghdad's most deadly sectarian pogroms, which saw at least 40 people, apparently all Sunnis, killed by Shia militants in a rampage in a Baghdad suburb last weekend, has further damaged sectarian relations in Iraq.

Witnesses said gunmen, some masked, set up roadblocks and stopped motorists in the mainly Sunni suburb of Jihad, near Baghdad airport, demanding to see identity cards. Those with Sunni names were shot dead; Shias were released.

The slaughter lasted several hours, according to Alaa Makki, a spokesman for the Iraqi Islamic party, one of the main Sunni parties, who blamed the Mahdi army, the Shia militia loyal to Moqtada al-Sadr. "There is a lot of evidence it was done by the Mahdi army," he told the Guardian by phone from Baghdad.

Mr Sadr, whose aides denied Mahdi army involvement, responded by calling for calm and reconciliation between Shias and Sunnis "for the sake of Iraq's independence and stability". But as evening fell, another 17 people were killed, this time Shias cut down by two car bombs near a Shia mosque in northern Baghdad.

The slaughter continued this week. On Tuesday a car bomb killed three and wounded seven in Baghdad's central Karrada district. Earlier the same day a suicide bomber blew himself up outside the fortified Green Zone on the western bank of the Tigris, killing five and wounding 10, as parliament prepared to meet a few hundred metres away.

Gunmen in Baghdad intercepted a minivan carrying a coffin to the Shia holy city of Najaf, killing all 10 passengers, police said. The attackers pulled up in two cars and ordered the minivan to stop in the volatile southern neighbourhood of Dora, police Lt Thaer Mahmoud said.

Police also said gunmen had opened fire on an Iraqi army convoy near Sharqat, 260km northwest of Baghdad on Monday evening, killing nine soldiers and wounding three.

Sectarian attacks have plagued Baghdad and other cities with mixed populations since the bombing in March in Samarra of a shrine sacred to Shias. But the weekend massacre at Jihad stood out from previous incidents because of its scale and the insouciance of the killers. Attacks took place in daylight and on several streets.

The militia were also said to have gone into houses and detained people. In one case a family was murdered and the house was then set on fire. A police lieutenant, Maitham Abdul-Razzaq, said 37 bodies were taken to hospitals and police were searching for more victims reportedly dumped in the streets.

Wissam Mohammad Hussein al-Ani, a 27-year-old Sunni calligrapher, told Associated Press reporters that three gunmen had stopped him as he was walking to a bus and asked him to show identification. They let him go after he produced a fake ID with a Shia name but seized two young men standing nearby.

The Shia owner of a supermarket said he had seen heavily armed men pull four people out of a car, blindfold them and force them to stand aside while they grabbed five others out of a minivan. "After 10 minutes, the gunmen took the nine people to a place a few metres away from the market and opened fire on them," Saad Jawad Kadhim al-Azzawi said.

The killings in Jihad followed tit-for-tat attacks on Sunni and Shia places of worship earlier last week. Mr Makki said these attacks were made by unknown "third parties who want to provoke violence and get Sunnis to leave the area".

Since violence developed earlier this year the Mahdi army has set up armed vigilantes to guard Shia mosques and prayer halls, known as husseiniyas. "Witnesses have been coming to our headquarters all day," Mr Makki said. "They say they saw gunmen emerging from a husseiniya. Some were shouting 'The Mahdi army is coming'. They warned Sunnis to leave the area. Some witnesses recognised well-known local Sadrists among the gunmen".

Mr Makki accused the police of standing by and watching the killing. The Baghdad police are largely made up of Shias, and groups within them are loyal to another militia known as the Badr brigades. Police commandos have been involved in running secret prisons and death squads, US officials say. The US ambassador, Zalmay Khalilzad, has been urging the new interior minister to purge the police of militia loyalists.

The deputy prime minister, Salam Zikam Ali al-Zubaie, a Sunni, called the attack "a real and ugly massacre" and blamed the Iraqi security forces. "There are officers who, instead of being in charge, should be referred to judicial authorities," al-Zubaie told the Al Jazeera television station. "Jihad is witnessing a catastrophic crime."

Sheik Abdul-Hadi al-Darraji, a senior official of the Sadrist movement, denied the Mahdi army was involved. He said the attackers put on black uniforms, which are often worn by Sadrists, to provoke sectarian tension.

In recent weeks tens of thousands of Sunnis and Shias have fled from Baghdad and other towns near the capital to areas where people of their sect are in a decisive majority. Most of southern Iraq is Shia, while the west is largely Sunni. While most refugees have had time to pack cases and even sell their homes in a slow-motion sectarian version of "ethnic cleansing", what happened in Jihad resembled a pogrom.

Almost all mosques in Baghdad are guarded by sectarian gunmen. Makeshift barricades have appeared in suburbs, manned by vigilantes on a pattern last seen in the chaotic days after the fall of Saddam Hussein.

http://www.theguardian.com/guardianweekly/story/0,,1818778,00.html

• Veteran Member

Do you know who is running theguardian ?  Amazing even in 2015 where we can expect every second person is superior in knowledge then our self .. you are quoting a report from the guardian. 

:(

Edited by alirex

Do you know who is running theguardian ?  Amazing even in 2015 where we can expect every second person is superior in knowledge then our self .. you are quoting a report from the guardian. 

:(

do you know who runs presstv and dawn? its just a report dont cry over it. and no one exactly knows what is going on in middle east at this moment.

• Advanced Member

One of the brave nimazis (who got injured as well) recorded this video on his mobile. At 00:40 you can see a shia guy attacking a gunman.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=838865492803436&pnref=story]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=838865492803436&pnref=story

Edited by sayedzeeshan

• Veteran Member

My father was inside the mosque. He is unharmed and safe Alhamdolillah. Werent it for some brave guys in the masjid who fought the terrorist with bare hands and took their weapons and killed one of the suicide bombers, it would have been a massacre. There was only one policeman guarding the whole place. Some shia guys were also deployed for security but they were nuteralized by terrorists using grenades. I am pretty much in shock right now.

I have prayed in this mosque countless times earlier. It is located very close to the tribal areas and the people know that it is a shia masjid. Once I was inside a bus passing through the masjid and one beardy guy told another "look there is a Shia mosque"

The hate in his tone was pretty apparent. There is a lot of hostility towards shias in KPK as well.

There is dire need for some kind of shia militia to at least protect our places of worship. We can't be just sitting ducks.

Alhamdulillah your family remained safe. Please do take care. Peshawar is one of the most volatile cities in the country and I can't imagine under what stress and fear the Shia community would be living there.

The hate you encountered, as you know, is historical and now taken the shape of an all-out war against Shias. The jahalat and backwardness of the tribal areas and their zeal for Wahhabi jihadism has always been a combustible mix and now it is at its peak.

With prayers for your safety and good luck.

I think the majority of sunnis neither condone nor condemn these acts but deep most do take some pleasure from seeing shias die. Just my opinion. No doubt the majority of sunnis will not publicly praise these types of attacks.

The vast majority of Shias would not like to see Sunnis killed, so I don't see why Sunnis would want Shias killed. Sunnis are humans after all, too. There is a strong sentiment emerging for the need of unity everywhere (including Pakistan), but unfortunately this never gets past its verbal form. The tiny amount of extremists, however, believe killing is a jihad which they have to (and do) put into action.

99% of the people against the slaying of Shias- but only acting verbally- will always be trumped by the 1% in favour of killing Shias- who put their belief into action.

• Advanced Member

Alhamdulillah your family remained safe. Please do take care. Peshawar is one of the most volatile cities in the country and I can't imagine under what stress and fear the Shia community would be living there.

The hate you encountered, as you know, is historical and now taken the shape of an all-out war against Shias. The jahalat and backwardness of the tribal areas and their zeal for Wahhabi jihadism has always been a combustible mix and now it is at its peak.

With prayers for your safety and good luck.

Thanks for your prayer brother.

Our family does take precaution that is humanly possible but conditions in Peshawar are getting worse every passing day.

The ignorance of the common people is just mind boggling.

they all should have shout Allah HU AKBAR and jump on terrorists. 

YAAD RAKHO MUSALMANO MARNAA SIRF EK BAAR HAIN, ROZ MARNE SE BEHTAR HAIN EK BAAR HI MARA JAAYEIN.

Allah HU AKBAR.

It's very easy to type these words sitting on a cosy couch. It's a different ball game altogether when there are people with guns and wearing suicide vests all around and their sole purpose is to kill as many as possible.

It is almost a miracle that only 20 people got killed out of 400 who were there. It would have been a massacre similar in scale to the one in army school in Peshawar where 160 died.

Even without any weapons you can see in the video that one man jumps on the armed terrorist, he was able to capture his weapon. There were three suicide bombers and two detonated themselves almost immediately. Had people been standing much more would have died. One bomber was captured by a brave man and killed with bare hands.

Your utterances are a complete disgrace and extremely offensive to the fallen martyrs and their families.

There is another video just before the terrorists came inside: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=804315886329159

Edited by sayedzeeshan

• Veteran Member

this footage is of the attack.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10202378317417711&set=vb.1786094799&type=2&theater

you can see a takfiri coming in with ak-47 and young man in black grabbing him.

you can also hear the words Parwardigar,Ya ilahi and Ya Ali,right after the 2 blasts and shooting.

i salute these brave men.

Edited by AnaAmmar1

• Veteran Member

It is no secret, not even to the common public any longer, that PML-N is comprised of terrorist bosses and it is a government that support terrorist organizations and takes dictations from KSA and USA. This last muharram they disarmed every last private security guard in our Imambargah and these have always guarded the processions in coordination with and augmenting the police force. Before that during the 90s the army used to take care of security. The police simply can not handle security and does not take anything seriously except when their job is threatened, which is rare because they are all recruited because of members of parliament and ministers' directions. It was very fortunate that the muharram passed relatively peaceful.

Right now they seem to have a weird, sick plan brewing. Arms licenses and gun sales are prohibited until further orders since December. This is murderous because terrorists never use licensed fire arms and any dependable weapon to counter terrorists arsenal of machine guns and grenades like an AK is prohibited. In fact, I was told last month that even 8 mm and 7 mm rifles have been added to the list of prohibited weapons, joining the 5.56, 5.54 and basically all other rifles and semi or automatic shotguns with sufficiently long barrels. So that is why you see these malnutritioned ex-army guys outside shopping malls and banks with puny little bird hunting shotguns, which is or was the best available weapon for self defense but no longer due to the ban. And if you thought that anyone can fight effectively with pistols like in the movies then you are so wrong. Pistols are for close quarter combat only and the most difficult weapon to aim so it is rather a concealed weapon meant for intimidation or assassination or movies, not defense.

I have a feeling that this ban is here to stay because there are no coincidences. The government has already openly killed 200 people on the streets and on international TV so one can expect anything from them. But can we also expect Shias to fight back? No. Because none of you are willing to fight, and that is fine by me. I know full well that shooting someone in self defense is more serious than murder because each criminal is backed by a prince of darkness and injustice system will destroy your future if you do that. Especially if you kill one of their precious terrorists.

• Advanced Member

My father was inside the mosque. He is unharmed and safe Alhamdolillah. Werent it for some brave guys in the masjid who fought the terrorist with bare hands and took their weapons and killed one of the suicide bombers, it would have been a massacre. There was only one policeman guarding the whole place. Some shia guys were also deployed for security but they were nuteralized by terrorists using grenades. I am pretty much in shock right now.

I have prayed in this mosque countless times earlier. It is located very close to the tribal areas and the people know that it is a shia masjid. Once I was inside a bus passing through the masjid and one beardy guy told another "look there is a Shia mosque"

The hate in his tone was pretty apparent. There is a lot of hostility towards shias in KPK as well.

There is dire need for some kind of shia militia to at least protect our places of worship. We can't be just sitting ducks.

Thanks Lord your father is unharmed. Thanks to the brave young man the slaughter was halted, or the death toll would have been in hundred.

• Advanced Member

After seeing the video of this attack, it's amazing how passive we all are to all the other bombing/shooting the Shia of the world are used to now. Imagine things like this have been going on for decades now, some far worse attacks than this have are reoccurring, and even this attack was hard to watch.

Shias of Pakistan need to play a more active role in the government. The only way these attacks will stop is until the filth from the northern tribal areas are cleared for good. It's so stupid how the Pakistani government and brain-dead ISI just let these beasts have a safe haven in FATA for all these years. It's time for an all out offensive to rid the country of this disease for good. But who am I to have any influence? And nobody will listen to an all-Shia organization like MWM, which is why the only solution is to integrate yourselves into the main political parties to actually have an influence in the country. It's crazy how the strongest Muslim country in the world didn't have the capabilities to destroy the Taliban in their country all this time, they just didn't want to for so long and had other motives for keeping them, and Shias have been suffering for this. What a backwards world we live in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QfAKyVfCXs

Edited by Jaabir

• Veteran Member

Even the Shia of Parachinar have faced considerable oppression and loss from the Pakistani law enforcement agencies and the army for the crime of defending themselves, and they happen to be in an area where possession of small arms is no biggie. So you can imagine about Shia in the rest of the areas. The police and army will bring you down and they will sniff you like dogs to make sure you remain unarmed.

Basically this is another one of their attempt to light the fire of a sectarian war in Pakistan. Thankfully the Shia have not taken part in it, except the small band from Thokar Niaz Baig, Lahore, during the 90s and who are remembered as Sipah Muhammad. They rose up to have vengeance upon the deobundi mulla Azam Tariq jahannami. You see in this time approaching the final hours of our beloved country they, the NWO want us all to do their dirty work for them and kill the armed forces and each other as much as we can to make it as easy as possible for India to step in and deal the final blow and according to their schedule. I say let the Hussainis exercise patience as followers of Hussain (as) should, and of the Deobundi Yazidi followers of Yazid la'een ibn la'een you can only expect Yazid and Shimer's traits to show, as they are showing.

• Veteran Member

do you know who runs presstv and dawn? its just a report dont cry over it. and no one exactly knows what is going on in middle east at this moment.

Yes Presstv and Dawn are operated by Muslims, and for a muslim it is necessary to trust a muslim until he got famous for lying.

You are not in touch with Middle east but we are very much, those shrines which are under attack are our shrines we are the one who are respecting those shrines we are the one who loves the person resting in those shrines .. we are the one who are visiting there and recommending others so that we can appreciate there martyrdom in the way of Allah.

Use your brain before using your fingers on keyboard.

Thank you