Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
YaaAllah

Can't Marry Sunni Girl Because Of Sister...

Rate this topic

Salam Alaykom!

I have started another topic before but I forgot to mention the other aspect of why I cant this sunni girl who has agreed to let our children to be raised as shias, so the response to that topic faided out and peopple couldnt help me. So insha'Allah you all can help me here instead.

I want to marry this girl and before the problem was that I couldnt because she was sunni, but I was convinced that I could do so anyway because she agreed to raise our children as shias and maybe someday she herself will become a shia too insha'Allah.

But another big problem here is that I have sisters who expect to able to do the same things as me. That they can marry a guy who is sunni/(or in my sister's case, a bad shia who is from another country(and so is this girl I want to marry)).

What should I do? Wait for my sister to get married first? Cause that is what I'm doing right now... And it's killing me, because I have many sisters and I cant wait forever for them to get married.... This girl might not wait for me that long...

I hope you guys can give some good advice!

May Allah bless you all!

Wa Salam!

What? What does any of this have to do with your siblings, you have your life and they have theirs. Just get married...

It has to do with my siblings because I dont want them to come and tell me: well you married a sunni, why cant I marry a sunni (or this bad guy my sister has in mind...)

It has to do with my siblings because I dont want them to come and tell me: well you married a sunni, why cant I marry a sunni (or this bad guy my sister has in mind...)

tell them that you're gonna raise your children as Shia, but if they marry a sunni the father is gonna raise his children as sunni. the true path is the path of ahlulbayt (as)

Just sit down with your family and be honest, tell them your concerns and see how they respond.

If as you fear, you marrying as Sunni will lead them to do the same, then perhaps you should give up on this marriage for the sake of Allah, and He will reward you with a better wife.

Fap bro. Let it all out.

But on a serious note: if you are younger than 25, then Ima highly tell you to wait to marry fo sho. Hell, it's better to wait until you 29 LOL. It's better to wait that much longer if you really want your sisters to marry a non-sunni guy. Personally, I would say that is the BEST route to go. And I doubt your sisters will even marry a Sunni guy cause they probably know Sunni guys love to grow long beards with and add lice to them.

Just tell your sisters being with a Sunni guy means the guy is going to impose sanctions on them. Which means no more Ashura and probably bringing up the kids to strap bombs to themselves as jihadis.

Or just tell them to marry a christian or atheist or buddhist rather than a Sunni lol. Christians, buddhist, and atheist don't really care how their kid is raised as long as the kid is MORALLY raised in a GOOD universal way.

But like I said bro. I doubt your sisters will marry a Sunni guy. Just re-ask them why they think Sunni Islam is wrong and see what they say.

Uhmm if I were in your situation, I would go ahead and get married, and if they then asked me "Why can't I marry a sunni since you married a sunni", I'd reply by saying "Same reason I can marry someone from Ahlul-Kitab and you can't"

If she goes ahead and marries a wahabi or something, it's not your fault at all.

Edited by dragonxx

(Salam)

You have a chance of a lifetime. Inshallah may Allah(swt) help you. Be knowledgeable with your decision and pray to Allah (swt) and go with your gut feeling. Whichever decision you make stick with it and do not look back. (Salam)

Edited by Finder

Well, I see it this way.  If your sisters are religious and want to raise their kids as Shias, then they'll understand that marrying a Sunni can cause conflict in that regard.  If they aren't religious, then what does it really matter?  

Personally, I see no problem with them marrying a Sunni, so long as they understand all that can go along with that.  If they live in a non-Muslim country it can be hard to find religious compatible spouses.  And for that reason I think them marrying a Sunni is far preferable to them holding out for a good Shia boy, never finding one, getting frustrated, and then marrying a non-Muslim.

Again, if your sisters are religious they'll understand whether or not you married a Sunni.  If they're not religious, then even if you don't get married and point to this as an example later, will they even care?

There's a saying: "No good deed goes unpunished."  Just food for thought.